Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-WAY DEAL - WOULD U DO IT?  (Read 2632 times)
BIZIB4U
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 24, 2007, 04:19:47 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3040~959~1707~2759~598~273~1014&teams=28~26~1~26~26~1~28

reasons for trade:

ATLANTA:
trade sheldon williams (2 year) due to the draft of Al hortford- trade off the expiring contact of wright

Recieve two expiring contracts - and have about 6.5 million next year

UTAH
trade of Okur's 8.5million for 3 year contact and the expiring contact of giricek

recieve 3 expiring contacts, and freeing up about 12.7 million for the next season

TORONTO
trade off 3 expiring contacts to fill a need at center

THE WORLD IS YOURS...WHAT U GOING TO DO WITH IT?
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 05:39:46 pm »

i replied to it on the trade board!!? Should I post..my post here again?

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:40:19 pm »

As a Raptor fan. YES!

Toronto Raptors- Give up a bad contract in Rasho, trade an inconsistent Joey Graham (although he could do better in Utah), and they trade a player who was really up and down in Juan Dixon. They get two good centers. Okur, who will fit in nicley with the style of the Play/Tempo The raptors play for. They also get a good, young center in Shelden Williams. Also Williams is dating Candence Parker, the sister of Anthony Parker. AWW! How nice! they'll now play witheachother  

Atlanta Hawks- Not a good trade at all for them. They give up two centers in Wright and Williams. Williams didn't have a good season but h'es yoing and will need time to get better. Wright is a good rebounder and helps the Hawks on the boards. If they Hawks give these to up, then who's going to be there Center? Zaza? Who'll be their backup?

Utah Jazz- Not good either for the Jazz. There giving up two important players for their team...Okur and GG. Why would they trade Okur? Then Rasho will be there starting C. I would rather have Okur..wouldn't you? The part of the trade I like for them is getting Joey Graham. I think Joey Graham will have the perfect coach for him in Jerry Sloan. Joey struggles under Sam Mitchell. Lo-W helps them on the boards too.

An okay trade for Utah, a bad trade for Atlanta, and an amazing trade for Toronto. If i'm Mr. Colangelo, I'd take this trade in a heart beat. If im the Gm of the other teams...no thanks.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:51:35 pm »

If you're the Raptors, of course, but I doubt the other two teams would agree to it, especially the Jazz.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
spanishraptor
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:29:57 pm »

Lol Utah and Atlanta would never agree to this trade

raptorsfan_4
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:25 pm »

that just might be the worst trade offer ever.. utah standpoint
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 09:08:49 pm »

the raptors are getting away with robbery if this ever happens..  2 players that don't even fit into their plans for an all star and a 2nd yr top 10 pick.  why not give them joe johnson too.
stephonstarbury
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 06:21:48 am »

I disagree.

If Toronto got Lorenzen wright and utah got Shelden williams Utah would be happy.

Also, I think utah is happy anyway, rasho is better then okur definsively, and in one year thats more cap space cause rasho has an expiring contract. Graham allows them to get a 3rd year small forward who is "approaching his prime". Utah also saves a ton of money on the okur deal and they can play boozer at centre. Also, with Okur gone, Kirilenko will be a bigger factor, because there are shots for him to take, so we'll see the kirilenko of two years ago.

Atlanta i would imagine would rather trade marvin or josh childress instead of shelden williams, if thats the case i still do the deal if im atlanta. They need a big guy like Williams who can play inside with horford.

Now, if im toronto i don't do this deal. yes they get the best player(statistically) and the biggest contract. But, you never want those guys who are going to complain about minutes and stuff. Okur is one of those guys, he'll stunt Bargani's growth, because he plays Centre, and we don't need that. Toronto is built on depth, consistency and chemistry(bringing in two new good character guys isn't going to hurt the chemistry from last year). A guy like Okur will only hurt that.

We want to create an organization simillar to that of the spurs, not as boring obviously, but in the sense that we have the same core, that play well together, have good chemistry and are contenders each and every year. Okur is the kind of guy, that is a short term fix, or a player you acquire before the trade deadline to help get your team into the playoffs(and he ends up hurting your team financially). See the Owen Nolan for the Maple Leafs.
stephonstarbury
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 06:24:21 am »

by two new players, i meant delfino and kapono.
stephonstarbury
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 06:38:34 am »

Also, BIZB4U.

Just because you have two players that play the same position doesn't neccesarily mean that one of them becomes expendable. See Chris Bosh and Bargani. Your arguement of Shelden williams being tradeable now that Al Horford is with the Hawks is false.
Ballfreak™
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

Respect: +63

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:40:43 am »

Yes but i dont think Jazz or Hawks would

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 09:46:51 pm »

The Jazz would never do that.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 09:58:27 pm »

You're suggesting that Utah trades Okur (one of their key pieces all year round) for......butt f%^& nothing?!

A better trade would be Juan Dixon for Deron.....lmfao :wink:

Just terrible.

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 11:01:52 am »

Quote from: "AirForceNone"
You're suggesting that Utah trades Okur (one of their key pieces all year round) for......butt f%^& nothing?!

A better trade would be Juan Dixon for Deron.....lmfao :wink:

Just terrible.

Trade Moon for Boozer

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
spanishraptor
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 12:14:42 pm »

People doesn't think before posting. lol

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: