Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 greatest raptors of all time  (Read 8094 times)
Knightz_
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 08:49:25 am »

Quote from: "blackmist_1"
I laugh at anyone that doesn't put Vince as first, regardless if you don't like him or not, he's obviously first, its just so dumb not to put him number one. Vince at a very distant first.

1. Vince
2) Chris Bosh
3) Mo Pet(The guy paid his dues)
4) Damon Stodamire(com'on he was T.O's 1st PG and he help beat MJ's Bulls, that game was so freaking funny, felt like we won a championship, and that season, I believe was Chicago's best or nba's best record ever, correct me if i'm wrong)
5) Dell Curry(3 point Dagger, gotta give him props)

Thats it still, anyone else is up in the air, I would't put Tracy in their only, cause he wasn't a raptor long enough, or he didn't get the chance to contribute much, he was shipped off too fast or he would be second to first most likely, I say second.

*EDIT*

Oh snap, I forgot about Camby, Put Camby at 5th and Move Dell to 6th.

*EDIT*

If Charlie V was on, give him aout 3-4 yrs and he would be third.

In terms of Rookie season

1) Vince
2) Charlie V (IMO)

How lost are you in this world? Chris Bosh was a MUCH better player in his rookie season then Charlie V was. As for everyones lists. Your all missing Hakeem Olajuwon, He played one season here but killed it with his stats.

As for the list heres mines.

1. Chris Bosh
2. Vince Carter
3. Damon Stoudamire
4. Hakeem Olajuwon
5. Marcus Camby

Everyone who says Tracy Mcgrady up there are dick-riding band wagon fans. Tracy Mcgrady Averaged 7, 9.3 then 15.4 PPG in his 3 years with Toronto. He did get a decent amount of rebounds, and around 1.5 Assits per game but he is no where near a "Great Toronto Raptor" He was great in Orlando and great in Houston but when he was in Toronto he is no where near the Skill-Level he was 2 years ago.

GO RAPTORS - GO FALCONS - GO ARGOS - GO BLUE JAYS
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 02:34:38 pm »

Quote from: "Knightz_"
I laugh at anyone that doesn't put Vince as first, regardless if you don't like him or not, he's obviously first, its just so dumb not to put him number one. Vince at a very distant first.

1. Vince
2) Chris Bosh
4) Damon Stodamire(com'on he was T.O's 1st PG and he help beat MJ's Bulls, that game was so freaking funny, felt like we won a championship, and that season, I believe was Chicago's best or nba's best record ever, correct me if i'm wrong)

Thats it still, anyone else is up in the air, I would't put Tracy in their only, cause he wasn't a raptor long enough, or he didn't get the chance to contribute much, he was shipped off too fast or he would be second to first most likely, I say second.

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

1) Vince
2) Charlie V (IMO
)

How lost are you in this world? Chris Bosh was a MUCH better player in his rookie season then Charlie V was. As for everyones lists. Your all missing Hakeem Olajuwon, He played one season here but killed it with his stats.

1. Chris Bosh
2. Vince Carter
3. Damon Stoudamire
4. Hakeem Olajuwon
5. Marcus Camby

Everyone who says Tracy Mcgrady up there are dick-riding band wagon fans. Tracy Mcgrady Averaged 7, 9.3 then 15.4 PPG in his 3 years with Toronto. He did get a decent amount of rebounds, and around 1.5 Assits per game but he is no where near a "Great Toronto Raptor" He was great in Orlando and great in Houston but when he was in Toronto he is no where near the Skill-Level he was 2 years ago.

I'm sorry but I think Damon had a much better rookie season than all of them...I would have to go

Damon
Vince
CB4

I could be wrong about this but didnt Damon avg. 19pts, 9ast and 4rebs in his rookie season?

As far as best Raps while they were here, my list would go

Vince
CB4
MoPete
Damon
Camby

I also wanna give a shoutout to my man Jalen who was did alright his first two years here......

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 05:14:31 pm »

Vince Carter-I hate this man with a passion, but you can't argue, he's a talented player and he did very well with the Raptors(imagine if he made that shot in '01)

Tracy Mcgrady- Same stuff, except he didnt have anything to do with '01 and I don't hate him. Right now, way better then VC.

Chris Bosh-Amazing, franchise player. This guy will only get better and better.

Morris Peterson- The guy is an ironman. He can shoot it, to. This guy has paid his dues to the franchise and when it's his time to leave, that will be a sad day in Raptorland.

Alvin Williams-Gave his heart and soul to the team. If we were going based on TALENT, it would be Mighty Mouse, but since the Raps aren't a very succesful club, we will say the guy who gave it 110%.

Soon....
Big C
Benchwarmer

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 09:38:17 pm »

Tmac
VC
Bosh
Might mouse
TJ ford

TheWhiteGuy
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 10:35:58 pm »

Heres my list
1.Vince Carter(The greatest to wear a Raptors jersey)
2.Morris Peterson(Most true Raptor)
3.Chris Bosh(Eventually will be greatest)
4.Damon Stoudemire(Could've been the greatest Raptor ever but left)
5.Alvin Williams(Poured his heart and soul to this team)

wild
Undrafted

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 03:45:49 pm »

Vince
Bosh
McGrady
Billups
Camby
Knightz_
Journeyman

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 03:51:19 pm »

Chauncy Billups? LMFAO! You dick-riding Band-Wagon fan. Chauncy was pathetic in a Toronto uniform.

I find it funny how no one said Hakeem Olajuwan(sp) The only TRUE centre Toronto has ever had.

Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 01:41:58 pm »

Chauncy Billups? LMFAO! You dick-riding Band-Wagon fan. Chauncy was pathetic in a Toronto uniform.

I find it funny how no one said Hakeem Olajuwan(sp) The only TRUE centre Toronto has ever had.

how can you be hypocritical of yourself in the same post???
first you say billups was terrible here, then go on and say olajuwan was a great player for us? and the only true center?  i would say camby and oliver miller made much more impact on the team.  how many games did hakeem play anyways? like 10 haha

RickyDavis
Undrafted

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 12:42:12 am »

Carter
Camby
Mo Pete
Stoudamire
AD
Knightz_
Journeyman

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 08:40:21 am »

Quote from: "Biggs"

how can you be hypocritical of yourself in the same post???
first you say billups was terrible here, then go on and say olajuwan was a great player for us? and the only true center?  i would say camby and oliver miller made much more impact on the team.  how many games did hakeem play anyways? like 10 haha

You think Jay-Z is good so I wouldn't speak. I would be laughing at my self if I were you. Jay-Z is laughable. If Pac, Biggie and Big L were still alive Jay-Z would be flipping burgers at your local Burger King.

Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 02:17:36 pm »

You think Jay-Z is good so I wouldn't speak. I would be laughing at my self if I were you. Jay-Z is laughable. If Pac, Biggie and Big L were still alive Jay-Z would be flipping burgers at your local Burger King.

seriously why can't you talk about the subject.  if i recall correctly jay was around when pac, big, and big l were around.  funny huh.  any other bullshit you want to spit out or are you gonna just give up.  there's an old saying bud, "it's better to be thought dumb than to open your mouth (or in your case your keyboard) and remove all doubt"

blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 02:35:52 pm »

1. Vince
2) Chris Bosh

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

1) Vince
2) Charlie V (IMO)

1. Chris Bosh
2. Vince Carter
3. Damon Stoudamire
4. Hakeem Olajuwon
5. Marcus Camby

Okay, I can give you that one, Bosh had a bit of a better season, it can go either way, Bosh never drop 48pts though. Now I must say you are lost in this world not to put Vince first, but at least your not that must of a hater, you put him second. Vince put T.O on the map. I swear when I was younger, some part in the U.S I went, ppl didn't know where T.O was. They would be like " Oh, aint dat where Vince Carter plays" I swear, no lie. In a couple of yrs I see Bosh moving to number 1, but not now, Vince did too many things, like carry us to the "PLAYOFFS!!!!", tip the ball to him self and fade away 3, Crowning ppl, etc......etc........ Vince did all this with a crappy team, I don't know why so many ppl were mad at the way how Vince left, the dude wasn't happy, and when your not happy your gonna play like a *** ontill ur traded.

Micheal Jordan > Then ALL
and Now his life force flows through Kobe Bryant

shot outs to: '***'  < For hooking Me UP!
THE_TORS
Undrafted

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 08:05:41 am »

These selections are based on what these guys did for us, THE TORS.  I don't care what they did for other teams.  That being said,

#1. Morris "70's" Peterson - The ultimate TOR.  Iron man leader for much of his tenure.  Soon to take over Vince in all time TORS points.  Great hustler, connsumate professional. Streaky shooter though...

#2. Chris "Boshstrige" Bosh - The New Hope.  Bosh has taken on the role as Skywalker in TOR WARS! With the ever wise Brian Obi-wanColangelo guiding Bosh, the CB FORCE is with us...

3. Vince "***" Carter - Provided the most spectacular TOR moments, but his "baby" antics and lack of heart outweigh his sometimes unbeleivable moments. We all hope he severly breaks a leg.

#4. Charles "OAK" Oakley- Was a solid presense both in game and on tape.  The Oak was a formidable being and THE TORS only claim to an old school 80's player.

#5.  A three way tie between:

5a.) Jerome "Junkyard Dog" Williams: Family Man, Energy Freak, Great Fast Break Finisher and great diver.  Cool socks and broken teeth.

b.) Damon Stoudamire - Our first star, though we've since realized he's not really a star.  Actually sucks pretty bad.  Was first legit TOR scorer though......

c.) Matt "The Red Rocket" Bonner:  Took the Tram and the subway, and became on of us.  He'll be back.

Hounorable Mention:

Alvin "Boogie" Williams: Great guy, i guess? Missed alot of shots the way I remember it.  Was ok against Philly, but we lossed.  Curry played better than he did..
breignchile
Journeyman

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 02:26:17 pm »

Quote from: blackmist_1
Quote from: Knightz_

Okay, I can give you that one, Bosh had a bit of a better season, it can go either way, Bosh never drop 48pts though. Now I must say you are lost in this world not to put Vince first, but at least your not that must of a hater, you put him second. Vince put T.O on the map. I swear when I was younger, some part in the U.S I went, ppl didn't know where T.O was. They would be like " Oh, aint dat where Vince Carter plays" I swear, no lie. In a couple of yrs I see Bosh moving to number 1, but not now, Vince did too many things, like carry us to the "PLAYOFFS!!!!", tip the ball to him self and fade away 3, Crowning ppl, etc......etc........ Vince did all this with a crappy team, I don't know why so many ppl were mad at the way how Vince left, the dude wasn't happy, and when your not happy your gonna play like a ***** ontill ur traded.

I really cannot stand it when people use their ignorance to make a point....not knowing where Toronto is? That is like not knowing where Paris is. Toronto is the fourth largest market in North America only behind LA, NY and Chicago. If people learn their geography from sports then what about the Blue Jays winning the World Series?  Vince Carter didn't put Toronto on the map, Toronto put Vince Carter on the map!! Also, since Kevin Garnett has never scored 48 points, I guess we can conclude that Villanueva is better than him.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 07:33:22 pm »

1) Vince Carter
2) Damon Stoudamire
3) Chris Bosh
4) Tracy McGrady
5) Marcus Camby
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: