Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RealGM - Indiana Rebuilding Plan  (Read 3381 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: July 26, 2007, 08:17:56 pm »

This was posted by someone on REALGM.com and i thought it wasnt bad.
note: i fixed up abit of it.

First trade:

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown (exp)
Gerald Green
Theo Ratliff (exp)
Boston 1st (top 10 protected)

Outgoing Players
Jeff Foster
Jermaine O'Neal

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Jeff Foster
Jermaine O'Neal
Ryan Gomes

Outgoing Players
Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom

Boston Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Lamar Odom

Outgoing Players
Ryan Gomes
Gerald Green
Theo Ratliff

Release Theo Ratliff let him go to a contender. Release Kwame no need for him.

First it's important that Indy cash in on JO. Jermaine had some good years in Indy but it's time to build for the future. Two very good young prospects come back in this deal. Andrew Bynum has the potential to be a top 3 Center in a few years he will be a huge inside presence for this team. His inside play will command double teams in the years to come making shooters like Diener lots of money. Gerald green is the perfect guy next to a more fundamental, High basketball IQ, future star like Danny granger. Gerald has potential to be a dominate scorer soon. I love to watch the kid play he is extremely athletic, and smooth like Tracy McGrady. Don't be surprised if he's is a 25ppg scorer in the next 2-3 years.

Boston starts BKnight/Allen/Pierce/Odom/Jefferson

Also this deal Indy get's to HUGE I mean HUGE expirings contracts in Ratliff and Kwame. With those two coming off the books at season's end Indy will be approx. 10 mil. under the cap. This cap flexibility will be a big step toward Indiana becoming a championship team.

The. L.A. the idea of Jermaine and Kobe will keep Kobe in town as Boston is down with this deal ("Do you accept" Bos board).

Second trade:

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Dorell Wright
Michael Doleac (exp)
Jason Williams (exp)
1st round pick (lottery prot.)

Outgoing Players
Jamaal Tinsley
Troy Murphy

Miami Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Jamaal Tinsley
Troy Murphy

Outgoing Players
Dorell Wright
Michael Doleac (exp)
Jason Williams (exp)
1st round pick (lottery prot.)

Release both Jason Williams and Doleac. Williams would be disgruntled in Indy. His contract is the only reason why Indy gets him anyways.

More capspace & prospects baby! As stated before capspace is critical in a rebuilding team's development. With J.Will and Doleac coming off the books at the end of the season. Indy will now have around 20 mil. in cap space. Enough to sign a Duncan, a KG, a Arenas, or even a Rashard "Mo Dolla'z" Lewis lol. Dorell Wright is another good young prospect. Let him battle it out with Green/Granger to show why he should start over them, if not then let him battle it out with Shawne Williams and Marquis Daniels on why he is the sixth man of the future. Another 1st round pick will be big on draft night if enough are collected and paired up with a nice little player Indy can make moves to get a top 10 pick.

Third trade:

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Francisco Elson
Brent Barry

Outgoing Players
David Harrison
Mike Dunleavy

San Antonio Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
David Harrison
Mike Dunleavy

Outgoing Players
Francisco Elson
Brent Barry
Cash Compensation

Once again........ More Capspace!!! lol. Brent Barry is an expiring, Elson is an expiring. But unlike the Miami trade I would keep these guy's. Elson is a nice rebounder and a big body. I like him to back-up Bynum. As Brent Barry can be a good back-up PG and a nice lockeroom presence. Did I mention he can shoot? I would probably ask Barry to hop in the gym with Danny Granger and get him to shoot the 3 better. San An also gives a up a cash compensation. When the season is all over the cap-space is now around 28 million. Damn...

The New 2007-2008 lineup: Rush on Injured list

Daniels/Diener/Armstrong
Green/D.Wright/Barry
Grang/SWilliams/Barry
Diogu/Granger/SWilliams
Bynum/Elson/(FA)

2008 draft picks: Indiana 1st, San Antonio 1st, Miami 1st (top 10 prot.) Indiana 2nd

2008 Summer Capspace: approx 28 million.

2007-2008 prediction:

This season is all about development and progression. The focus of these young guys are to start tapping into their potential. The coaching staff's main focus is to see this young exciting team grow and form chemistry. The focus of 07-07 is not winning 50 games or a championship it's just for the young pups to get better. This team is very fun to watch with highlights everywhere and still has tradeable assets to use like Marquis daniels, either Dorell Wright or Shawne Williams (which ever one that does not take the 6th man role.) and alot of draft picks to utalize.

2008 summer prediction:

I predict that after a full 82 game season of develoment and coaching the young guys are already starting to make a name for themselves and have began reaching their potential. As we all expect because their inexperience last season the failed to make the playoffs but have become much better player's and have fans excited about the 2009 season. Indiana has a top 5 pick in a VERY deep point guard draft. Even though Diener is a nice player Indiana still needs a pg. Who would I pick?.........

Derrick Rose

2009 line-up : (Draft Tyler Hansborough and Andrew Ogilvy with Mia/San 1st)

D.Rose/Diener
G.Green/Williams
Granger/Wright
I. Diogu/Hansborough
A.Bynum/Ogilvy

DYNASTY

.... Oh yeah and you still got around 10 mil of capspace after extending the youngins.... Damn
naptown
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:52:13 pm »

First fire bird.
DeronWilliams
MVP

Respect: +1081

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 12:00:11 am »

Wow, this was given some thought!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 08:08:36 pm »

Ouch...  I think I heard an vein in my head blow out trying to track that compilation.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 08:11:19 pm »

B-Ball, you need to offer your services to Bird.  He ain't real quick so when you explain this, talk slowly.

Boom Baby!!!!
B-ball fan 11
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:50:45 pm »

Now that's you rebuild young talent and cap space all you need.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 02:09:59 am »

Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"
Now that's you rebuild young talent and cap space all you need.

Can you re-phrase that.
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 12:01:46 pm »

seems like a good plan
alainlepoulpe
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 07:28:57 pm »

Pacers roster stay a joke...

Leaders:

J.O'Neal, the poor broken power forward...
M.Dunleavy, the... I don't know...
D.Granger, the futur best ROLE-player of the world...
BJ Amstrong, the grand-father...
Troy Murphy, he... I don't know 2...
And now, Rush and Graham, the 12th men...

Great! Indiana is a basketball place!!!

" I am the best in the world and I can't play basketball with normals people. I will play golf, like michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. I could be alone in this sport, with me, my and myself."
By Kobe Bryant, L.A Lakers
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 05:17:15 pm »

its darrell armstrong......BJ's the PG that played for the bulls in the early 90s....the only thing i disagree with u on is that granger has the ability to be more than just a role player
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 07:41:53 pm »

Quote from: "nsloan23"

its darrell armstrong......BJ's the PG that played for the bulls in the early 90s....the only thing i disagree with u on is that granger has the ability to be more than just a role player

while the rest of the east is trying to move forward and win, the pacers seem to be content being a mediocre team that probably will struggle to be a .500 team.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 08:15:37 pm »

Who are we going to beat to get to .500%?
mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 02:32:02 am »

all good in theory but why would miami take murphy and tinsley and give up expiring contracts young talent and draft picks

larry bird would have already made that trade if it was possible

its probably not THAT F**KIN easy in real life

Sanity is for the weak
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: