Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Be Surprised If Harrington Deal Never Happens..  (Read 9798 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: July 31, 2006, 01:54:51 am »

There is a good reason for this trade taking soo long.. because it could be a stupid move for the GMs of Atlanta..

Taking the Trade Exception would put them at around the cap salary.. even if they use it.. they will be taking on added salaries which they do not want..

The Trade Exception is the only way we can get Harrington.. so don't be surprised if it doesn't happen..

(Just breaking it down for some people who are confused).
saleem
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:35:01 am »

I think the fact that Harrington isn't talking or being talked to by other teams in the league right now indicates the deal will go down.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:46:40 am »

Quote from: "saleem"
I think the fact that Harrington isn't talking or being talked to by other teams in the league right now indicates the deal will go down.

I agree -- Atlanta's management has issues, and it's not clear who's making the decisions there. As soon as their GM & owner can agree on what they want, this deal will happen.
Ironman
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 07:58:25 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Taking the Trade Exception would put them at around the cap salary.. even if they use it.. they will be taking on added salaries which they do not want.

Not sure what your saying here, but if you are talking about the pacers ,even after signing Harrington and getting Edwards we will still be under the luxery tax by 5million roughly.  This is the only trade Atlanta really wants to work out right because Atlanta doesnt want to take on new salaries with all the legal issues.  With the trade exception we can sign Harrington and Atlanta can received up to 3 million from us and not take back any players.  So in summary they can actually profit from this trade. I'm not understanding your rational with the trade exception.  I'm not sure if you know how it works.

But if we used the trade exception on atlanta they wouldnt have to pay it nor would it count againts there salary cap if thats what you are thinking.
saleem
Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 03:25:21 am »

Just when I shoot off my mouth....Harrington fires his agent.. :oops:  Everything's up in the air now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2536841

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 04:39:37 am »

lol yeh
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:50 am »

Just when I shoot off my mouth....Harrington fires his agent.. :oops:  Everything's up in the air now.

Still, I'm not sure that this really changes anything. Indiana would give the Hawks the best deal, by sending cash and a 1st round draft pick. No other team out there has the trade exception, and no other team can make a deal without requiring the Hawks to take on another player.

In addition, most if not all teams that were considering Harrington have moved on and signed other players instead.

Harrington has also stated that he's looking forward to returning to Indiana.

I still would be very surprised if this all fell through.
Ironman
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:37:23 am »

Yeah the hawks would have to take a large contract from other teams in a sign and trade.  I dont see any reason for them to do this except if a star is offered because of all the legal issues. The Hawks are in savings mode if anything I think this just makes a longer delay.

Not clue why Al would fire his agent this late in the season, hes in a really bad situation unfortunatly with the owners battling it out.  There is very few options left for him. He actually better hope pacers dont back out of the deal because he might be stuck with a mid level exception contract.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 05:17:43 pm »

yeah he might have to settle for a 1 year mid level, then test out the market again next summer...

what if pacers get him for mid level and then get another star with trade exception.. lol would be interesting
saleem
Starter

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 04:19:36 am »

Quote from: "31"

Still, I'm not sure that this really changes anything. Indiana would give the Hawks the best deal, by sending cash and a 1st round draft pick. No other team out there has the trade exception, and no other team can make a deal without requiring the Hawks to take on another player.

In addition, most if not all teams that were considering Harrington have moved on and signed other players instead.

Harrington has also stated that he's looking forward to returning to Indiana.

I still would be very surprised if this all fell through.
I still think he will end up in Indiana. There is an article in the rumors section that suggests Golden State may make another attempt at him since he changed agents.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 05:05:54 am »

pacers are in trouble if they dont get harrington to be honest
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 06:52:10 am »

I am probably in the minority, but I think we are better without him.  I just don't see the push to get him.

Boom Baby!!!!
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 09:50:35 am »

Donnie Walsh said that he has a "Plan B" if the Harrington deal falls through -- I wonder what that is...
zunami
Star

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 10:01:09 am »

Harrington obviously fired his agent because he was having trouble landing a deal that was supposed to a sure thing. Either Harrington was getting impatient with him or then the agent just completely blew it and made the discussions come to a hault.
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 10:31:32 am »

I hope Donnie Walsh's "Plan B" isn't to move to the Bahamas and make this all Bird's problem. :?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: