Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Be Surprised If Harrington Deal Never Happens..  (Read 9802 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 10:59:24 am »

Quote from: "Millertime31"
I hope Donnie Walsh's "Plan B" isn't to move to the Bahamas and make this all Bird's problem. :?

That made me laugh.

Boom Baby!!!!
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 11:24:07 am »

With the way this is going down, no one in their right mind will come to atlanta as a free agent (unless you plan on overpaying like you did for Joe Johnson, and Claxton) I dont see wy Knight is being such a knuckle head! just take the cash and the trade exception and be done with it. The more you make this player suffer (i know he will be a millionare regardless) the more others wont want anything to do with your organizaiton.
tzap
Undrafted

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 09:06:41 pm »

new agent doesn't make a difference in this situation.  al harrington wants to come back to indiana, it's most convenient for him to come back to indiana, and that's why he'll end up in a pacer jersey.

the new agent is here to talk up the possibilities of other teams and get indiana's blood flowing, so they'll lay out the red carpet and shower al with whatever he wants.  the only reason the old agent is gone is that he was okay with the talk around the league that it was a done deal-- which it was-- but that of course, made al angry that he wasn't being fought over.

give them a few days after the new agent is officially his agent.  then they'll quickly reveal that he's wanted to be a pacer all along and sign up
saleem
Starter

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 02:02:57 am »

Al Harrington is caught in the system! The teams that want him can't pay him and the teams that can pay him don't want him! The best deal is the Indiana trade exception. But Atlanta is playing hardball. I agree with lungi101 :shock:  Knight is basically throwing up a red flag to players around the league. The sooner Belkin is back the better for the Hawks franchise...............................What??

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
tmhorn15
Undrafted

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 10:52:51 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
pacers are in trouble if they dont get Harrington to be honest

I think they are in trouble if they do get him.  Al goes against everything that they are trying to do next season such as better chemistry, a winning attitude (he wanted to play for the Hawks - winner?), no whining to officials, listening and respecting the coaches,  and maintaining flexibility under the cap.  The Pacers could have had all these things, except the financial room, with Peja.  They are moving in a good direction right now.  A big contract for a mediocre player is the last thing they need.

Artest #1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 08:43:16 pm »

Quote from: "tmhorn15"
Quote from: "Bball Unit"
pacers are in trouble if they dont get Harrington to be honest

I think they are in trouble if they do get him.  Al goes against everything that they are trying to do next season such as better chemistry, a winning attitude (he wanted to play for the Hawks - winner?), no whining to officials, listening and respecting the coaches,  and maintaining flexibility under the cap.  The Pacers could have had all these things, except the financial room, with Peja.  They are moving in a good direction right now.  A big contract for a mediocre player is the last thing they need.

I think we'll all see a much more experienced, mature player than the Al that left for Atlanta. Obviously he regrets the move and is tired of losing. He'll be on his best behavior because 1 - he'll be starting and 2 - he'll be back home with his family and 3 - he'll be getting a good chunk of change and 4 - he'll be a key player on a winning team that will go deep into the playoffs.

____
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 12:46:37 am »

Granger Harrington Oneal.. will turn out 1 of the best 3/4/5 trios next season
Ironman
Undrafted

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 12:14:36 pm »

Indystar is now reporting the deal for AL, they said it could be done by today.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060814/SPORTS04/60814018/1004/SPORTS

Its nice to know this will finally be closed.
sagaliba
Undrafted

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 02:54:47 pm »

Quote from: "Ironman"
I'm not understanding your rational with the trade exception.  I'm not sure if you know how it works.

I don't undersatnd how trade exception works either. Can you explain it?
Ironman
Undrafted

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 03:19:43 pm »

The trade exception we acquired thru the hornets when trading away peja is worth 7.5 million dollars.

The Pacers have up to one year to use the exception, and it basically means we can trade for any player that is paid 7.6 million or less without trading any of our own players.  Without this exception we would have to trade some of our own players to get Al.

Here is a link that describes it in better detail http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question_060713.html
saleem
Starter

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 11:32:57 pm »

So where does Harrington end up? Golden State? Lakers? I just don't see those teams giving Atlanta what they would want for the guy.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 01:45:45 am »

NJ should try swing a trade.. that could really boast there title hopes..
saleem
Starter

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 10:36:11 pm »

The Nets need size not another SF.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 11:23:46 pm »

Quote from: "saleem"
The Nets need size not another SF.

last time i checked harrinton played pf

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 12:12:35 am »

exaclty..

plus it allows them to really run the fast break..

but still allow them to set up a half court offence..
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: