Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who will minny sign when theo's contact end next year?  (Read 3926 times)
chris bosh
Star

Respect: 0

« on: July 30, 2007, 10:57:59 pm »

who will minny sign when theo's contact end next year?
they will have 11 million to spend.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:46:42 pm »

Early to tell, they might trade Theo at the deadline.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 09:19:35 am »

Whoever it is, I hope they dont overspend and I hope it's not some guy who is too old. I would need to see a list of potential free agents next year. But what I've heard, is that the list is impressive.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
xcaliberdjKG
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 11:12:40 am »

with mchale still here, does it really matter?
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 10:19:40 pm »

I think a buy-out is very possible.

RIP Madawg
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 08:42:17 pm »

I would like them to throw a ton of money at Jermaine O'Neal, Elton Brand or Arenas.

DWADE3
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:20:20 pm »

I think Arenas would be the player to sign...he would be a good fit in Minnesota. Question is would he want to play there with no Garnett?

DWADE MVP 2010
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 12:16:16 am »

Quote from: "DWADE3"
I think Arenas would be the player to sign...he would be a good fit in Minnesota. Question is would he want to play there with no Garnett?

I think it has a lot to do with what they do this season with Jefferson, Foye, Green, and McCants. Now, he's proven he's willing to go to a team without a lot of talent (When he signed with Washington the first time.)

I like Arenas. Ron Artest will almost opt out for sure. Ben Gordon might demand a lot. Next year looks pretty dry, though.

RIP Madawg
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 02:45:59 am »

The locked thread is presumed to be for this year, not after this year like what this thread is about.

I want to answer the other thread. If the Minnesota Timberwolves trade any of those picks I will not be buying any Minnesota Timberwolves gear. Stupid McHale, I can see him doing it.

RIP Madawg
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 04:28:07 am »

Quote from: "Dice Dice Baby!!"
The locked thread is presumed to be for this year, not after this year like what this thread is about.

I want to answer the other thread. If the Minnesota Timberwolves trade any of those picks I will not be buying any Minnesota Timberwolves gear. Stupid McHale, I can see him doing it.

even if they trade those draft picks for a superstar? remember, tor dealth vc to nj because of 2 first round picks

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 11:44:05 am »

Quote from: "ryecyd"
Quote from: "Dice Dice Baby!!"

even if they trade those draft picks for a superstar? remember, tor dealth vc to nj because of 2 first round picks

What sense would it make? You can get some really good talent for cheaper when using your draft picks than a medium superstars' contract. Then go after someone we may want later in Free Agency.

RIP Madawg
chris bosh
Star

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 08:49:42 pm »

Quote from: "DWADE3"

there's still al jefferson... :wink:

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 02:39:53 am »

who's gonna wanna take over a team of a bunch of promising youngsters?

i can't imagine anyone else wanting to pull a joe johnson in minnesota

akactskaryan
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 12:17:49 pm »

you'll prolly need that money to resign al jefferson.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 08:09:29 am »

Theo's contract is not everything. Ricky Davis' deal ends. Eddie Griffin's does too (his family receives the cash or what?). I doubt they'll extend a qualifying offer to Telfair, unless he plays exceptionally well this season. Not even mentioning the buy-out T-Hud received.

If Foye proves to be a decent PG full-time (which I think he will) the Wolves will badly need a SG who can score and be the no1 perimeter option to go alongside Big Al.

Ben Gordon is a interestiing option, I think they could have him for 10 million/year. Artest would screw the chemistry.

Arenas? Foye would have to shift to SG, which I always thought was his antural position, despite faring quite well at PG. Plus, Minnesota would have to be at least "ok" this season so Arenas wouldn't be coming to a weak team.

There's also possibility of trading for Jermaine O'Neal to fill up the C spot and bang the hell out of everyone with the JO/Big Al combo. Grin But the Pacers must finally go rebuilding mode.

If Minny will be able to at least duplicate their last season W-L percentage Agent Zero can make them a contender (winning the Nortwest is *still* easy). But then again...doesn't Gilbert have the same in Washington? But if Jamison leaves through free agency, he might consider changing his place.

Lots of if's, personally I think the Free Agent Market won't be anything overly special next year. Arenas, Josh Smith (Restricted, but ATL has a load of SF,PF), Magette, Jamison, Artest...you get that every year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: