Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roster Improvement Ideas  (Read 1973 times)
Dr.Baltar
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: August 02, 2007, 09:07:32 am »

We should make a run at Pietrus. If Flip doesn't plan on using Nazr maybe we could get Golden State to take him off our hands.  I also don't think Ronald Murray fits into to our system. Maybe he could be packaged with Hunter's exiring deal. Would give us a young tough swigman and give Golden State more room to resign Baron.  I would not be opposed to packaging a draft pick with it either.  The guy has upside, energy, and athleticism.
3-yrs 15 mil sound about right?
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:15:33 am »

pietrus is not worth that kind of money ... very very inconsistent ... and indifferent at times ... the guy thinks is michael jordan ... but only has the body type and attitude

elementary!
Dr.Baltar
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:32:06 am »

5 mil a yr for him might be a tad high but that is what the market would put him at when you look at back-up/spot start g/fs -- Hassel, Harpring, MoPete, Jaric, etc.
And if even if he didn't develop more offense we could always unload him on the Knicks or any other desperate team in year 3 for decent value since he'd still be young.

p.s. What do you think of the contract we layed on McDyess? Seems a few mil too high.
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 11:38:35 am »

the market trend is the agents weapon ... and joe should not fall for it

as much as i like mcdyess ... and the adjustment he has made ... his extension is a bit high .. for a back-up 20min pf ... unless joe and flip know/plan something we don't know

elementary!
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:47:51 am »

Getting Pietrus would be great, but I think it's highly unrealistic.  I think he's going to either re-sign with the Warriors or be signed-and-traded to the Cavs.  As far as McDyess, I don't know the actual figures but we need McDyess now more than ever with Webber being a free agent.  I still think Maxiell needs another year or two before he can be a full time starter.  On the other hand, McDyess could start and be a quality PF immediately.  If Webber leaves, McDyess becomes the starting PF and Rasheed is moved to C, leaving Maxiell as the lone backup PF (he was in fierce competition with McDyess last year for minutes).
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:55:36 am »

Bulls/Pistons you expressed my thoughts exactly regarding mcdyess

he is being paid starters money
2007   2008   2009   2010
6,37   6,86   6,90*   7,50*

* estimates

elementary!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: