Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Most boring team in the NBA  (Read 23937 times)
Txst
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 03:43:58 pm »

Obviously you are not a Spurs fan, so that comment doesn't carry much weight. Spurs fans here love to watch them play and think it is very exciting. Most fans don't care how fancy the win was. If your favorite team won most of the time like the Spurs do, you will probably enjoy watching them because of the fact that they are most likely gonna win. If you knew basketball, you would know that Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker are very exciting to watch. Even Kobe Bryant knows that. When Kobe was asked who his favorite person in the NBA is to watch, he said..."Manu Ginobili because he is so unpredictable" now that is NBA excitement, he does things on the court that no other player can do. And I think Kobe knows a little bit about exciting basketball. Get used to it, the Spurs are a great team and probably more exciting to watch than 90% of the rest of the teams out there. There are a few individuals in the NBA that bring lots of excitement like...Kobe, LeBron, Vince Carter, Alan Iverson, Ginobili, and a few others. But as far as teams playing together goes, there really isn't any team out there that is any more exciting to watch than the Spurs. If indeed the Spurs are boring to watch, then certainly 90% of the rest of the league is even more boring. If I watch the Cavaliers play...I only watch them to see Lebron, I could care less about watching the rest of the players. But when I watch the Spurs, I see a TEAM play. The one star wonders will get no where while the Spurs keep gathering victories. You may hate the Spurs because they win so often but they are one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA. Good luck for your team when they play the Spurs this year...they'll need it...

If one wins while losing respect, does one win?
lakersfoelyfe
Starter

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 02:37:32 am »

Quote from: "amare24_7"
Does anybody else agree with me?

If winning makes u bored, then what can we do?Huh?  but if u wanna watch alley-oops & no look passes..........then go get urself a video, then u don't have to wait for them dunks and behind the back passes.

just press play & it's there !!!

“Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.”
KOBEwasCHEATED>05-06MV
Journeyman

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 12:37:42 am »

Look not to hate on the spurs or anything but they are boring to watch.

yes they do play the way basketball is suppose to be played.
and yes they are one of the most winningest franchises in the nba in the past 10 years but they dont play the way that the average nba viewer enjoys watching so thats why everyone says the spurs are boring.

I respect the spurs and i dont underestimate how dominate they are but like every nba analyst has said the spurs are a boring team to watch. they are still a great team though.
I also respect spurs fans you guys are great fans that love your team.

yeah Kobe isnt Jordan but Micheal isnt Bryant

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 01:08:58 am »

i use to think they were boring but as time goes on you can't help but notice how good they actually are as well as entertaining

JSouth#23
Star

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 12:22:30 pm »

Ginobili and Parker are alright to watch, but Duncan is the real star of the team, and no one wants to watch him shoot bank shots from 15 out, that is boring.
Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 03:11:48 pm »

If the Spurs are boring, the rest of the teams are even more boring because they can't ever win. Who likes to watch teams lose?

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 03:58:23 pm »

I'm sorry wasn't it the Heat and Mavs in the Finals this year? So the Spurs lost...think before you speak. As I said in an earlier post which no one caught on to, they are boring ye, but they get the job done most of the time...their pitfalls are.

-Duncan is 30.
-Ginobili can sometimes be to erratic and cost them games.
-They have always lacked a good center, but the depth in that department decreases every year it seems.
-The "games best defender" is 35.

Much like the Pistons, all dominant teams and champions sooner or later fall off the radar. Sooner, in the Spurs case.

Soon....
Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »

Well, the Mavs didnt do squat in the finals accept to embarass themselves,  while the Spurs are undefeated in the three finals they have been to. The Heat are just a rookie championship team because it is their first. Please don't compare those two wannabe's with the Spurs. The Spurs didn't win it all this year but they are constantly in the elite group of teams that consisitently win. No professional sports team compares to them in the past ten years...they are exciting to watch and are ready to win it all again. Good luck with your team!

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 10:17:27 pm »

Quote from: "Txst"
Well, the Mavs didnt do squat in the finals accept to embarass themselves,  while the Spurs are undefeated in the three finals they have been to. The Heat are just a rookie championship team because it is their first. Please don't compare those two wannabe's with the Spurs. The Spurs didn't win it all this year but they are constantly in the elite group of teams that consisitently win. No professional sports team compares to them in the past ten years...they are exciting to watch and are ready to win it all again. Good luck with your team!

ur kind of right with the exception that the best team in the last ten yrs would be the lakers, they didn't just win 3 but 3 in a row

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 10:18:21 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
I'm sorry wasn't it the Heat and Mavs in the Finals this year? So the Spurs lost...think before you speak. As I said in an earlier post which no one caught on to, they are boring ye, but they get the job done most of the time...their pitfalls are.

-Duncan is 30.
-Ginobili can sometimes be to erratic and cost them games.
-They have always lacked a good center, but the depth in that department decreases every year it seems.
-The "games best defender" is 35.

Much like the Pistons, all dominant teams and champions sooner or later fall off the radar. Sooner, in the Spurs case.

yeah your very right these to teams have like a five year window

Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 11:18:26 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"

ur kind of right with the exception that the best team in the last ten yrs would be the lakers, they didn't just win 3 but 3 in a row

Do your research a little better... The Spurs have the best winning percentage of any team in any pro sport in America over the last ten years! The Yankees are second...the Lakers aren't close! The Lakers had something there for three years then fell apart and now are a lottery team.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 11:35:10 pm »

Quote from: "Txst"
Quote from: "t-mac357"

Do your research a little better... The Spurs have the best winning percentage of any team in any pro sport in America over the last ten years! The Yankees are second...the Lakers aren't close! The Lakers had something there for three years then fell apart and now are a lottery team.

do your research a little better, im not talkin about win percentage im talkin about skill and talent and dominance, spurs were definitly always good, but they never dominated the way the lakers did, and if u want to talk about history u would have to be more than an idiot to think spurs can compete with laker history, lakers are and will always be more successful than san antonio even if lebron james went their and played out his career, get your facts str8 and u do some research buddy, and that lottery team plays the spurs well every time they play them just a little f.y.i.

Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 06:39:36 am »

We weren't talkin about our grandfathers Lakers! We have been talkin about this past decade. The Lakers had a nice run for 3 years then went bad real fast. Maybe they'll do better this year.

amare24_7
Journeyman

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2006, 09:54:45 am »

Just to reaffirm my original stance (afterall, I was the one who made the topic).... the spurs are BORINGGGGG. the most exciting thing about watching them is Eva Longoria.

Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 03:10:11 pm »

People who are busy calling things boring...are borrrriiiing people. Obviously your team got smoked by the Spurs too many times. Don't worry...the pain eventually wears off.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Jump to: