Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Most boring team in the NBA  (Read 23958 times)
amare24_7
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: June 21, 2006, 01:59:52 am »

Does anybody else agree with me?

thecava
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:44:14 pm »

not when they feature a lineup with Duncan at center and four perimeter players... and it seems Popovich is gonna stick with that now that he's traded Nesterovic and won't resign Mohammed.
ab40
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 01:23:54 am »

Quote from: "amare24_7"

man you just don't get it do you, they play basketball good basketball with one of the top 3 maybe top coach in the nba. You just like dunks and crossovers this team plays defence c'mon now

all men are my brethern, the world is my country, to do good is my religion
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 01:42:13 am »

I don't know where else I can post this. But I think Ginobili should be playing for Argentina in the World Cup.
amare24_7
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 01:52:15 am »

Quote from: "ab40"

man you just don't get it do you, they play basketball good basketball with one of the top 3 maybe top coach in the nba. You just like dunks and crossovers this team plays defence c'mon now

yep thats exactly right... screw defence.. I can play defence.

Dunks, crossovers and sexy moves. as the NBA slogan goes, "THIS IS WHY WE WATCH!"

oomaderpakaroo
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 02:15:13 am »

spurs may play boring... but thats what gets the job done... I think the most boring team would have to be the bobcats or jazz

21yearoldvirgin
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:03:53 am »

I think the most deciding factor as to whether the Spurs are boring or not depends on mostly if you like them or not.  I like the Spurs so I don't really mind the way they play.  At the very least they still have Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker making the games more interesting with their drives to the basket.

<';..;'>
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 06:41:55 pm »

Quote from: "SKY"
I don't know where else I can post this. But I think Ginobili should be playing for Argentina in the World Cup.
that's interesting, because I think he should be playing linebacker for the Lions.
big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 09:52:33 pm »

Dunks, crossovers and sexy moves. as the NBA slogan goes, "THIS IS WHY WE WATCH!"

umm, thats not why i watch.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
amare24_7
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 07:25:52 am »

well then go watch chess.

Arenas0
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 04:43:49 pm »

Actually during the season, i thought Miami was the most boring team to watch. They were on too much, and they were just horrible. There team was just boring to watch, and it seemed like that's the only team they ever put on. But they won the championship  :?  San Antonio is pretty boring also though.

Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 01:14:53 pm »

I guess what happens is after a team so dominates a sport for so many years, it becomes natural for us to think it is boring. I mean if you think about it, the Spurs are the most winningest team over the past ten years than any team in any pro sport in the U.S. People just take it for granted that the spurs are going to beat whoever they play because they almost always do. And when they happen to lose everyone is surprised. The Spurs are so respected throughout the NBA by the players themselves that they were the team that most NBA players said they would want to play for if not for the team they currently play for. When you are constantly the best at something (as they Spurs generally are) people tend to want to see a change of scenery so fans of other teams will naturally get bored of seeing them dominate...that's understandable. But as for me......I'll continue to enjoy the Spurs dominance on the court and their good attitudes off the court. To me, the most boring teams are the ones that just can't win and constantly whine about it or put another team down because they can never get past them. I enjoy being a Spurs fan because win or lose, I don't have to feel ashamed of their efforts or attitudes. Not so with many other teams, their owners , and fans.

If one wins while losing respect, does one win?
Lance1977
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 03:03:18 pm »

Quote from: "ab40"

yep thats exactly right... screw defence.. I can play defence.

Ignorance will get you nowere son.
JSouth#23
Star

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 03:23:01 pm »

look at Miami, they got the next-gen version of showtime, and they owned in the playoffs.  Who said good defense wins games?Huh
Txst
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 04:09:43 pm »

You're kidding right?!  Wade is very good but w/out the intimidating defense from Shaq and Zo, Miami gets swept big time. Give Wade his due but don't in any way think that Zo had no effect on the outcome. Offense wins games...Defense wins championships. Miami had a nice balance of both O and D while the Mavs withered from all the distractions from Cuban and their intent on blaming refs when things didn't go their way. Wade is a pure warrior and I love the heart he puts into the game but it was as he said "15 strong" and part of that 15 was strong DEFENSE. Why do you think the Spurs went so quickly to try and grab Zo away from Miami? It was for his Defense. As good as Wade is, I seriously doubt Miami would have won the series w/out the outstanding play from Zo.

If one wins while losing respect, does one win?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: