Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest Nelson Brainstorm  (Read 5018 times)
turk
Star

Respect: 0

« on: September 23, 2006, 11:15:40 pm »

Just heard that Nelson is intending to use JR as small forward. Therefore the new projected starting lineup is:

Davis - pg
Richardson - sf
Pietrus - sg
Dunleavy - pf
Murphy - c

I guess this is because Nellie knows that Pietrus cannot guard the 3's and maybe he can do a better job of defending the 2's than Richardson. More of the "mad scientist" at work.

--turk--
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 08:28:27 am »

maybe a better line up than last season i guess he needs to try somethin to make the team better, he may suprise us. But Dunlevy and Murphy arnt really good Post player's so maybe they try and run with 4 of them and leave murphy half way down the court
turk
Star

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 09:13:45 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
maybe a better line up than last season i guess he needs to try somethin to make the team better, he may suprise us. But Dunlevy and Murphy arnt really good Post player's so maybe they try and run with 4 of them and leave murphy half way down the court

That's funny, lol.

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 01:49:07 pm »

Quote from: "turk"
Quote from: "legenderypete"

That's funny, lol.

yea, it is, but whats even more funny is if he does try this and it doesn't work out, it could be a disaster

mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 03:27:05 pm »

yeah that needs to work for gsw - i dont think it will because im not certain dunleavy and murphy can be bigs who can finish on the break- and as you say whether murphy can keep up at all

the point is whats his next choice of lineup for uptempo from amongst the current roster?

i dont see one at all - he has biedrins diogu obryant and nominally chris taft - do think wagner signing is good if good health prevails - but the other guys dont strike me as runners or gunners

Sanity is for the weak
turk
Star

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 10:50:50 pm »

How do you think Richardson will do at 3?

--turk--
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 05:16:08 am »

Richardson should be ok at the 3 he big and strong to guard and score at both postions it the 2 bigs what you have to worry about
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 05:08:05 pm »

j-rich at the three will work because he is, as was mentioned before, a very strong player, and he's actually one of the best rebounding guards in the league so you won't be losing anything dunleavy would give you at that spot. I say try dunleavy at the 4 because he can't guard ANYONE so lets try and win the advantage on the offensive side of the ball, which is nelly's specialty. Murph at the 5 is something that he's been doing on and off for a couple of years now so now huge change, adonyle cant rebound at all so this smaller ineup might even be a better rebounding team, we'll see. Biedrins can run the floor really well for a big so i imagine him being the sub for both murph and dunleavy, but you're right to questino where o'byant and diogu fit. trade em?
turk
Star

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 05:23:53 pm »

So I guess then that Biedrins will backup Murphy at center and depending on how well he does and how bad Murphy is (a lot of you think he won't be able to cut it in Nellie's running style) then perhaps Biedrins may be able to overtake him in terms of playing minutes with O'Bryant and Foyle seeing possibly 3rd string minutes when either Biedrins and/or Murphy get in foul trouble (of course O'Bryant probably won't see much time anyways at least initially since he'll be coming back from injury, he's a rookie and he's big, which would be three strikes against him as far as Nellie is concerned).

I also tend to agree with you regarding J-Rich playing 3, as he is 6'6" but can out jump most guys 6'8" and should be able to handle a lot of the 3's with the exception of guys like Marion (who with Amare and Kurt Thomas back for Phoenix) is likely to play more at 3 this year and would be a tough match for JR.

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 01:37:59 am »

Quote from: "turk"
How do you think Richardson will do at 3?

great, 2 and 3 aren't different on defense, just guard your position, as for offense he will be himself

bayball
Starter

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 05:45:07 pm »

dunleavy cant score or defend and murphy is the softest player around
what nelson is forgetting is that rebounding is one of the most important aspects of the game and this team will not get one
he should start diogu and biedrins at least then the warriors would rebound on both ends of the floor

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: