Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 770   Go Down

Author Topic: The (Un)official NFL Thread  (Read 1156282 times)
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:38 am »

Well we lost the original one, which was one of the biggest threads on hoopshype.  I thought since it's preseason and training camp time, and since the season starts in less than 3 weeks, we should start a new one up again.
chris bosh
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:35:53 am »

Quote from: "LakerDynasty"
Well we lost the original one, which was one of the biggest threads on hoopshype.  I thought since it's preseason and training camp time, and since the season starts in less than 3 weeks, we should start a new one up again.

i am still mad that a lot of good threads got deleted..anyways.

colts have a chance to repeat for me.

tong
MVP

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:07:01 am »

my niners are on their way to the playoffs, if they can stop the run.

Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:15:43 am »

Quote from: "atong518"

I don't know, I think the Rams are ready to break out with that offense.  Similar to the Saints last year, without the emotional part obviously.  Mark Bulger is the best quarterback in the NFL IMO, and Steven Jackson is the 2nd best running back in the NFL IMO.
tong
MVP

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:41 am »

bulger is good, but he is no way the best qb in the entire league. cmon now. i think he is tied for third with brees, but brees has a better deep ball and bulger has a better mid range and short range ball.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 10:28:13 am »

Lets go Eagles!. I really want Clinton Portis to come out of injury this guy is a top 5 RB in the NFL

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:41:57 am »

bulger is good, but he is no way the best qb in the entire league. cmon now. i think he is tied for third with brees, but brees has a better deep ball and bulger has a better mid range and short range ball.

My bad, I meant to say the NFC, and Bulger he isn't better than Manning and Brady, but he is better than Brees and Hasselbeck IMO, he is extremely underrated.  He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he manages the game perfectly, and he is extremely accurate.
chris bosh
Star

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:50:11 am »

Quote from: "mohammad_baller_tmac"
Lets go Eagles!. I really want Clinton Portis to come out of injury this guy is a top 5 RB in the NFL

don't they have west brook?

who's better

chris bosh
Star

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:51:32 am »

I don't know, I think the Rams are ready to break out with that offense.  Similar to the Saints last year, without the emotional part obviously.  Mark Bulger is the best quarterback in the NFL IMO, and Steven Jackson is the 2nd best running back in the NFL IMO.

steven jackson is a monster.

i started liking nfl like mid last season, and i never even heard of steven jackson until like 3 month ago.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:26:07 am »

I was really worried about the Bears about a month ago, but now, for some reason I feel really confident in them.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 01:06:34 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
I was really worried about the Bears about a month ago, but now, for some reason I feel really confident in them.

yeah, with all that's happened, the only thing they've really lost was Thomas Jones.  And now they get Cedric Benson to just plug in, who I think will be a star there in Chicago.  Grossman, as bad as he was sin the Superbowl, u know he's gonna improve, as will Berrian and they added Greg Olsen.  And that Darwin Walker deal was really good too. They gave up basically nothing for him and he's a better player than Tank Johnson was.  Plus they get back Tommie Harris and Mike Brown too.  They have to be considered the favorites again to win the NFC.
tplay
All-Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 01:10:51 pm »

things i'm looking forward to:
Randy Moss on the Patriots
Vince Young in any capacity
More good running backs in the league at the same time than I've ever seen before

I once met Steve and Josh in real life.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 01:34:51 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"

yeah, with all that's happened, the only thing they've really lost was Thomas Jones.  And now they get Cedric Benson to just plug in, who I think will be a star there in Chicago.  Grossman, as bad as he was sin the Superbowl, u know he's gonna improve, as will Berrian and they added Greg Olsen.  And that Darwin Walker deal was really good too. They gave up basically nothing for him and he's a better player than Tank Johnson was.  Plus they get back Tommie Harris and Mike Brown too.  They have to be considered the favorites again to win the NFC.

Yeah, once I realized that Tank Johnson really wasn't all that big of a loss (especially with Brown and Harris back), it got a lot easier. Throw into that, Devin Hester and Bernard Berrian along with Grossman have been putting on amazing shows during practices, and things are actually looking pretty good. I'm thinking that Benson will do just fine as running back, as he has a good line in front of him, and Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe are just fine to have behind him.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 01:39:37 pm »

i'm very disappointed in the raiders inability to sign the #1 overall pick in the draft, i understand they have culpepper now but this is still way out of hand, the only guy remaining unsigned, they just need to suck it up and pay him

Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 01:45:44 pm »

Quote from: "AGGiN"
Quote from: "t-mac357"
i'm very disappointed in the raiders inability to sign the #1 overall pick in the draft, i understand they have culpepper now but this is still way out of hand, the only guy remaining unsigned, they just need to suck it up and pay him

what happens if they fail to sign him? does he become a free agent?

I'm not sure if he can then go in next year's draft or if the Raiders permanently own his rights.  Either way, the Raiders need him more than he needs the Raiders.  Just pay the man.  He's the #1 pick, and a quarterback, these are just standards demands.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 770   Go Up

Jump to: