Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 770   Go Down

Author Topic: The (Un)official NFL Thread  (Read 1173059 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #10770 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:29 am »

Ric Flair dun turned his back on the Panthers lol  WOOOOO

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #10771 on: January 09, 2014, 05:43:58 am »

my only concern is if all the prancing about will get him broken up like Vick.

legitimate concern.  he's not as small as some think he is ( approaching 6'1", unlike Vick who goes about 5'11" on a good day), but he's not big by any means...although 210lbs isn't small.  he's not walking around @ 190lbs like Bridgewater is.  not as much straight line speed as Vick, but definitely has some quicks...enough to avoid the head on shot in the NFL?...only time will tell.  he'll have to pick his battles though.

Eagles, but I doubt the Eagles sell high on Foles.  Also Jacksonville with Joeckel there already.

Barnwell had a fake trade (that will never happen) that was Foles and a 4th from Philly to Cincy, Dalton along with the 22nd and 24th picks to Oakland, and the 5th pick to Philly so the Eagles take Manziel.

GOOD LAWD

I'm not sure but pairing him and the Browns just screams disaster.

not so sure about that.  of course it's the Browns tho.  but they do have a top of the line left tackle and true #1 receiver.  it's not a completely blank canvas there.  

plus the AFC North is all kinds of ass these days...Jason Campbell FTWFTWFTW'd on Flacco's bummy face/unibrow, but that's a given  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Fair enough.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #10772 on: January 09, 2014, 08:12:08 am »

How is the Bears' o-line? I remember that being a big knock on the team over the last few years.

It was surprisingly good this year.  They brought in Bushrod from New Orleans and drafted Kyle Long with their first pick. This kid Jordan Mills is pretty solid too.  I'd say they  still need a guard or center but Forte could tell you the group they currently have is at least a good run blocking unit.  Definitely give Emery credit for salvaging one  of the worst lines the last couple years.

Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #10773 on: January 09, 2014, 08:45:01 am »

See ya, Jay Gruden. Don't let the door hit ya ass on the way out.

Jay Gruden is the Redskins head coach. Good job Redskins, don't even get the best coordinator on the Bengals team.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #10774 on: January 09, 2014, 08:45:56 am »

I'm not sure but pairing him and the Browns just screams disaster.

As a life long resident of Ohio (and thus, partial fan of the Browns when they aren't playing the Bengals), it seems anyone being paired with the Browns just screams disaster.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #10775 on: January 09, 2014, 08:47:21 am »

It was surprisingly good this year.  They brought in Bushrod from New Orleans and drafted Kyle Long with their first pick. This kid Jordan Mills is pretty solid too.  I'd say they  still need a guard or center but Forte could tell you the group they currently have is at least a good run blocking unit.  Definitely give Emery credit for salvaging one  of the worst lines the last couple years.

Do you see them taking someone in the draft or trying to bring someone in via FA?
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #10776 on: January 09, 2014, 09:32:22 am »

yeh i didn't see that coming.  they'll be happy to get Melton back on the D-line next year

Fair enough.
Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #10777 on: January 09, 2014, 09:47:40 am »

Bringing in Aaron Kromer as line coach helped a lot too, right?
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #10778 on: January 09, 2014, 09:56:31 am »

Bears still have one of the scariest offenses in football

Stop that. They have Jay Cutler, who is now making more than multiple Super Bowl champions. That alone makes them a regular offense.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #10779 on: January 09, 2014, 10:10:38 am »

Bayless hypin John E. Football to the Raiders. lol  " HE IS A RAIDER!  HE IS A REBEL! "  gtfo

it'd be a good pickup, but all that kinda hype would be the biggest hurdle for him.  Allen's improving the D and mainly focused there...he'd give Manziel some space and wouldn't lord over him.  he knows Manziel well ( maybe too well)...also played his ball at A&M, coached there and goes back there a bit.  Olson would be a good match as his coordinator.  if they went with Manziel they'd probably use some of the 60M they have in cap space to sign T.Suggs since its lookin like bum Flacco's contract is about to see yet another Baltimore starter put out.  still MUST re-sign Lamar Houston and Veldheer tho...maybe bring Chuck Woodson back.  

dat John E. Football/Raiders hype train tho...i can see it now.  anyway, i can't see Manziel falling past Cleveland.  if Houston passes on Bridgewater and goes defensive tho it could shake up some stuff.

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #10780 on: January 09, 2014, 11:20:42 am »

if they went with Manziel they'd probably use some of the 60M they have in cap space to sign T.Suggs since its lookin like bum Flacco's contract is about to see yet another Baltimore starter put out.

Well one thing is for sure...if the Ravens let Suggs go, he is probably finished. I've only seen one defensive player ever leave the Ravens and continue to play well (Ellerbe).

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #10781 on: January 09, 2014, 11:30:31 am »
+1

Cary Williams tho

RIP Madawg
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #10782 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:15 pm »

Well one thing is for sure...if the Ravens let Suggs go, he is probably finished. I've only seen one defensive player ever leave the Ravens and continue to play well (Ellerbe).

translation;

won't be Flacco's fault if the Ravens have to let Suggs go.

*Flacco goes to the corner store*
*plays the lotto before robbing it*
*his 2nd armed robbery case of the year, also robbed the Ravens*
*not his fault*
*is OJ Simpson's protege*

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #10783 on: January 09, 2014, 12:12:51 pm »

Cary Williams tho

and Bernard Pollard was fine this year as well.

going a tad further back, Cory Redding's played well with the Colts.

probably more guys.  i'll think more about it when i have time

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #10784 on: January 09, 2014, 12:15:56 pm »

translation;

Goes back to the Ray Lewis days chief. Best GM in football. Williams did ok this year but would have been the Ravens #4 corner. Idehigbo was better than Pollard and is fixing to get paid, but might get dropped as well. Redding has been good, I'll give you that. Damn sure not Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Paul Kruger, or a host of others who everyone assumed would hurt the defense.

Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 770   Go Up

Jump to: