Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reggie’s Birthday Wish: No More Comeback Calls  (Read 1887 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: August 24, 2007, 10:06:12 am »

nba.com/pacers -
Reggie Miller's birthday is not a national, state or local holiday.
Not yet, anyway.

But for those who didn't want to see him risk tarnishing his Indiana legacy in pursuit of an uncertain chance for a championship ring, it is a day to be remembered – if not for celebration, then at least some relief.

Miller

Miller, who turns 42 today, told The Indianapolis Star he not only has decided against a comeback attempt with the Boston Celtics, he doesn't want to consider it "ever, ever again."

"If anybody is ever interested in me playing again," Miller told The Star, "please don't call.''

Miller has been working out regularly the past few weeks at Pepperdine University near his Malibu, Calif., home to test his physical conditioning. His frequent workout partner has been Kevin Garnett, the new face of the Celtics. Though Miller was encouraged by his body's response, his mind was another matter.

"Physically, I know I could have done it," he told The Star. "But mentally, when you do something like this, you've either got to be all in or all out. And I've decided I'm all out."

Miller took a short break from his workout routine to return to Indianapolis to attend Peyton Manning's annual charity bowling tournament but it isn't clear if the trip back to his only NBA home of 18 seasons had an impact on his final decision.

"A part of me, a big part of me, knew I could do it," Miller told The Star. "It's been very, very tough. But now I have to live with it."

Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 07:04:44 pm »

like you said there are few players in the nba who play there career out in 1 team. reggie has done that and i think if he came back for boston his reputation might be tarnished
hawks4life
Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:08:16 pm »

I agree. I respected Reggie for sticking to his team eventhough they had some ups and downs. Him making a comeback won't make me see him the way that I do now.

rock tha house
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 07:31:05 pm »

me and the Raptors are very happy that Reggie is not comeing back.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:52:23 am »

Quote from: "hawks4life"
I agree. I respected Reggie for sticking to his team eventhough they had some ups and downs. Him making a comeback won't make me see him the way that I do now.

very true, i'd hate to see his career end like gary payton's

sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:03:33 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
Quote from: "hawks4life"

very true, i'd hate to see his career end like gary payton's

payton's carrer did not end that bad ... he won a championship - on a reserve role though - but made some key baskets on the way ... he did not retire and unretire just to win a championship ... something that would put him in the spotlight and would be criticized a lot ... for sure he did not end in his prime but it was in a respectful way

elementary!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: