Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacers Going With Current Roster?  (Read 3859 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: August 24, 2007, 10:00:03 pm »

Indianapolis Star -
Pacers front office people are talking enthusiastically about some of their players.

Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy are said to be much stronger. Marquis Daniels has healed from the injuries that slowed him the past two seasons. Jermaine O’Neal, his knee surgically healed, says he feels better than he has in at least a couple of years. He’s 10 pounds lighter than last season.

Indications are that they will keep O'Neal and see how he reacts to Jim O'Brien's system instead of taking a trade offer they are lukewarm about.
Bradleiu
Star

I have no life

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:49:20 am »

the pacers are going to be bad this season no matter where joneal,dunleavy and murphy are with thier fitness i see them being a lottery team this season
Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:34:57 am »

Put stuff in the right place Unit stop making my life hard!  Tongue

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 02:13:34 am »

i find that thing interesting, because if they can put everyting together for once they actually cuold make 7th or 8th seed.
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:29:37 am »

yeah but eternal mediocracy gets u nowhere

i dont like teams tanking or giving up their seasons ..but sometimes when u have chemistry issues and a disgruntled or injured all-star then its more likely that you go down and then improve (hopefully) via draft & trades

indiana's current roster as long it includes o'neal is capable of reaching the playoffs ... but in reality PO's look further away ... imo Jim O'Brien's system  cannot make miracles

elementary!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:02:02 am »

Quote from: "sherlock"
yeah but eternal mediocracy gets u nowhere

i dont like teams tanking or giving up their seasons ..but sometimes when u have chemistry issues and a disgruntled or injured all-star then its more likely that you go down and then improve (hopefully) via draft & trades

indiana's current roster as long it includes o'neal is capable of reaching the playoffs ... but in reality PO's look further away ... imo Jim O'Brien's system  cannot make miracles

I agree on the mediocracy thing.  I disagree on the Oneal thing.

He is the superstar we have been hanging our future on, and I don't think he can be that player.  He seems to demand the ball, and he determines the tempo we play at.  He doesn't pass well out of double-teams and thus gets banged around down low, which wear on him.  He plays too many minutes and ends the season injured.  

The strength of this team as it stands will be it's depth.  I think they could use some of this youth to push the play, and play all 12 every night.  Limit everyone's minutes (definitely Oneal and Tinsley) so that they can actually play an entire season.  Those minutes will be given to bench players, so that they can improve.  It may be slow going at first but it should pay dividends going forward.

Boom Baby!!!!
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 08:37:54 am »

They should have reset after the brawl. When Artest got moved it was clear they didnt have the firepower. If nothing else, their coaches have the ability to improve big men with potential so maybe its time to take a Bynum trade.

If they stick with their current roster I just think it's going to be carnage- Granger will be stuck behind JO, they have no gunners, they're loaded with nasty contracts. I feel for you, Unit!

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 12:18:41 pm »

I agree.  It is not that I dislike JO, it is just that with him in the spotlight, as the number one option for scoring, Granger will be lost in the scenery.  I think JO could be an all-star with Kobe, but here he, and his contract, have become an obstacle.  

Give me Bynum, Brown and some filler for him and move on.  Bird is hanging on for that Garnett style trade, without being able to offer a Garnett type player.  Get a couple of young bigs and we can play "hustle ball".

Boom Baby!!!!
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 04:55:44 am »

I think they should have pushed hard for a NJ trade that included Krstic. Fair enough, it might have had to include another team (portland) to move jefferson as well but thats what gms are paid for.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 06:53:13 am »

In Our case, in Indiana, the GM is paid for past accomplishment.  He was a great player, a good coach, but I don't get his deal making.

I don't think he is good at finding personalities that fit.  The team he took to the finals was about winning as a team.  The only time I have seen that since is the first couple weeks after the brawl.  

I am not sure that Carlisle was to blame for last year.  You can't blame a jockey for placing poorly on a 3 legged horse.  

Bird keeps saying we need a shooter, but he let James Jones just walk away two years ago.

Bird traded away Croshere's heart for Daniels injuries.  Maybe he felt that his guy Tinsley needed a friend to go clubbing with.

I can't even begin to address his decision to bring Harrington's whiny *** back here, giving up a first rounder which ATL used to get Acie Law, and then sending him away to GS.

Boom Baby!!!!
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 12:14:44 pm »

Quote from: "olsons3"
I agree.  It is not that I dislike JO, it is just that with him in the spotlight, as the number one option for scoring, Granger will be lost in the scenery.  I think JO could be an all-star with Kobe, but here he, and his contract, have become an obstacle.  

Give me Bynum, Brown and some filler for him and move on.  Bird is hanging on for that Garnett style trade, without being able to offer a Garnett type player.  Get a couple of young bigs and we can play "hustle ball".

...and how long is O'neal gonna sit back and keep quiet?  Artest had to wait half as season to be traded, but that was because he alienated himself from the team.  O'neal deserves better treatment than Artest, obviously.  Bynum/Brown/Cook have already been offered and rejected by Indy.  

Maybe the Lakers need to look for a 3rd team as to add a draft pick or two.

true, O'neal's contract is an obstacle for Indy.  Hes vastly overpaid, thats why I don't see why Bird wouldn't dump that guy and go young.  Hes only prolonging the developement of the Pacers in playing this "poker" game.  Bynum- Granger- Farmar would be a pretty darn good, young nucleus.  let those guys build their chemistry, and send Tinsley...maybe to Boston for a 2nd rounder and one of Boston's 2007 draft picks.

Lakers get O'neal

Indy gets Bynum/Brown/Cook/Farmar+ Boston's 2008 2nd rd. pick & Big Baby Davis

Boston gets Tinsley

everybody's happy

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 12:44:05 pm »

Boston arent

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 01:42:54 am »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
Boston arent

why?
they give up 2 late 2nd round picks for a starting PG? lol
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 01:55:39 am »

I don;t think the Pacers are sticking with their current roster as of now. They need to trade JO, thats for sure.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 03:05:13 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Quote from: "Happiness1982"
Boston arent

why?
they give up 2 late 2nd round picks for a starting PG? lol

He starts for you guys, yeah, because he has to. Rather have davis and a 2nd rounder, rondo starting than Tinsley.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: