Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harrington to Wolves  (Read 3459 times)
K.G.
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: August 06, 2006, 05:00:03 pm »

What's up!

It seems, that the Wolves are in market for Hawks forward Al Harrington!! Certainly the best free agent this offseason!! Brings a lot to the table!! Should help K.G. winning it all because he's a proven veteran.
But what are McHales plans to make it actually happen??

Here are my thoughts:
The Hawks are a very talented but young team. Fact is, Harrington wants to leave which makes it much easier for possible trade partners. Indiana and their 7,8 Mio. trade level exception aren't enough anymore. What do the Wolves have to offer??? Basically everybody except Garnett and Foye. This trade would make sense:

Wolves get:
Harrington
Batista
2nd round pick

Hawks get:
Davis
Jaric
4,2 Mio. trade exception

what do you think??
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 07:40:04 pm »

i think mchale and taylor need to do whatever it takes to complete this deal. i would think the trade exception, hudson, davis and a 2nd rounder for harrington would be a good trade for both teams.  i think that they need to go with any reasonable offer that the hawks offer them.

steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 10:01:58 pm »

I know that you Wolves fans want to get rid of Davis (really who wouldn't), but if I were the Hawks, I'd hold out for Hudson, Griffen, and maybe the mid level exception, although I'm not sure if the nubmers work there.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:11:10 am »

Anything to get rid of Troy Hudsen. Maybe they want Hudsen and Jaric, that would be sweet.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
beauduvall
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:22:54 pm »

The last thing the Hawks need is another shoot first PG.  So they won't want Hudson.  I say offer Griffin, 1st rd pick, and midlevel for Harrington.  Hawks want picks, not money wasters.  Griffin has talent but is way too raw, maybe w/ some minutes he'll shape into a good player.
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 12:27:35 pm »

The Hawks dont want players. They want draft picks and the max levell of cah of 3M

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

ak_bballer
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 08:34:11 pm »

I dont think harrington is that much better of a player than ricky davis.  I wouldnt give up a 1st rounder and davis for harrington, thats for sure, because it might be another lottery pick again next year.
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:36:09 pm »

If I were running the Timberwolves, I'd find any way to get rid of Ricky Davis, and if you get a player like Al Harrington for him, all the better.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
LordNu
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 01:38:38 am »

Why is everyone against Davis? It's Marko that's the problem. Try shipping him off. The only foreseeable reason you'd get rid of Davis is because you have the up and coming McCants and Foye to make some room for. Seeing as though Davis is more of a natural SG that SF. A trade for Harrington would mean the SF is filled by a real SF and the SG pos is open for the two younger players
GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 12:09:36 pm »

I agree with LordNu. Davis is a fine player, I wish he shot better, but he is by no means bad. Because of McCants and Foye, we kind of need to get rid of him while he has worth. Harrington would be nice at the three, then again, so would Wally.

It would be nice to have

C- anyone
PF- KG
SF- Walley (or Artest would be money)
SG- Foye/McCants
PG- James/Foye

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: