Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you bring back???  (Read 3203 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: September 03, 2007, 09:11:33 am »

We have traded a lot of the team away in the last couple years.  We have let other players just leave.  Is there anyone that is still active you wish we could get back on the team now?Huh  Why???

My Choices...

James Jones - Good Shooter, hard worker, classy young man

Austin Croshere - A lot more heart than talent, but he left it on the floor and was a better leader than JO.

Boom Baby!!!!
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:39 am »

i would like to have james jones back i also miss having fred jones comming of the bench.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 01:58:47 pm »

I would also like to have seen the pacers keep Maceo Baston, but he wanted to play, and hoping for JO to get hurt or foul out wasn't the way he worked.

Boom Baby!!!!
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:04:14 pm »

Peja

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 01:37:41 am »

Quote from: "olsons3"
I would also like to have seen the pacers keep Maceo Baston, but he wanted to play, and hoping for JO to get hurt or foul out wasn't the way he worked.

i would rather let Ike have court time.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 08:42:03 am »

I am a firm believer in spreading the minutes.  I think if we didn't play JO 40+ each night, he could play 75 games.  There are 48 minutes available at each position.

I would like to see starters held to 30 minutes per game, which leaves 18 minutes per position for reserves.  As they play they get better, so it may cause issues at the beginning, but could pay huge dividends with a experienced team with fresh legs for the stretch run.  

Teams that run a 8 man rotation always seem to struggle down the stretch.  Someone gets injured and there is little experience to back them up.

You pay 12, so play 12.  If you have 15 guys on the payroll, get them minutes.  It can only pay off well in the future.

Boom Baby!!!!
baadr
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 02:24:36 am »

Bring jasikevicius back!!!He's a perfect fit to our new up-tempo system also he's a great shooter and slasher.I'm a big fan of him  Shocked
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:33:28 am »

I am a big Saras fan also.  Unfortunately, a management team that sooo loves someone like Tinsley, and the dump and watch offense to JO is not able to use his talent.

It amazes me how he outplays most of his opponents in FIFA events, but the NBA can't find a place for him.

Boom Baby!!!!
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 09:08:26 am »

Quote from: "olsons3"
I am a big Saras fan also.  Unfortunately, a management team that sooo loves someone like Tinsley, and the dump and watch offense to JO is not able to use his talent.

It amazes me how he outplays most of his opponents in FIFA events, but the NBA can't find a place for him.

does he outplay kaka and ronaldinho ?  Smiley

elementary!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 01:34:33 pm »

I was talking about the NBA players like Parker, or when the US played him 2 years ago.

There are some great international point guards out there, but the NBA is about endorsements and *bling*.  Fundamentals no longer count for anything in the NBA.  It's all one-on-one street ball.

Most NBA fans wouldn't care if you got caught selling crack at their kids school as long as you can average a double-double and dunk a basketball.

Unfortunately, the same mentality has filtered down to college and high school.  Big Money for flash over fundamentals.

Boom Baby!!!!
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 01:30:45 am »

I agree with you on jasikevicius ... was just kidding that you mistakenly reffered to the Footbal (soccer) federation instead of FIBA

elementary!
naptown
Star

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:49:03 pm »

Artest!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: