Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Baron Davis  (Read 6226 times)
HoopsHype
Administrator
Journeyman

Respect: -11

« on: August 08, 2006, 09:36:05 am »

What are your expectations for Baron Davis this season? He's so good... But you never know what's going to happen with him next.
turk
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:11:46 am »

I expect he's going to have a very good year, since last year was so bad and I think he has something to probe and will respond.

--turk--
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:52:17 am »

Quote from: "HoopsHype"
What are your expectations for Baron Davis this season? He's so good... But you never know what's going to happen with him next.

He shoots a horrible percentage for a star player. He needs to improve that first.
bayball
Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 11:44:51 am »

The first and most important thing for him is to stay healthy. Part of this includes coming to camp in shape. This year being fit is more important than ever if Baron wants to be able to run Nelly's uptempo offense. Secondly he needs to improve his percentage which he can do easily by shooting less three pointers and driving to the hole more. When Baron is at his best, he can get to the hole at will. Baron last year averaged about nine assists per game in the 54 games he played in so we know he can pass the ball and pass it well. Another thing i hope he does is go back to playing the type of defense he used to play, that is getting many steals and creating easy fast break points. He has to put in the effort on the defensive end, otherwise the warriors will lose in a shootout everygame. Arguably the most important aspect of his game that he needs to improve is his free throw shooting. Baron has never been regarded as a hard worker but he needs to change that, especially when it comes to free throw shooting, something that killed the warriors last year. If he can even get his percentage to around 75 or 80% the warriors will win at least 3 more games than last year. If its still around 70% then the warriors will have trouble closing out games all year long.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 08:25:07 pm »

I agree that the very first thing he needs to do is stay healthy. I think a lot of his other stats could improve if he was able to stay healthy. If he was able to stay healthy for a full season, his shooting percentages would probably improve, as he would be able to find his groove. Also, I think he would improve on his passing even more as he would be more familiar with his teammates and how to get them the ball. So to start off, it all revolves around him being healthy.

As far as his shooting goes, this kinda also goes hand in hand with his passing abilities. He needs to be more of a pass first point guard. He has some deadly offensive weapons with Troy Murphy, Jason Richardson, and Mike Dunleavy, so he doesn't need to be taking any bad shots unless the clock is running down. One of the reasons that his field goal percentage is so bad is because he simply takes too many bad shots, and if he passed the ball more, he wouldn't be taking so many bad shots. There's no question that he is a great passer, so I don't see why he would allow that ability to go to waste in any way.

I think Don Nelson will be telling things like this to Baron and will help to make him among the best point guards in the league once again as long as Davis is able to remain healthy.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
turk
Star

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:31:18 pm »

I think if the team is better (which I think it will be this year) that he wil do better. I remember when the year started and the Warriors were doing good, he was passing the ball a lot. What I also remember is that a lot of the players were having trouble either handling his passes or finishing. I remember it getting so bad, that he started to shoot more himself and that's when he started playing poorly. I can't prove it, but I believe that he got so frustrated cause his teammates could finish their shots, that he stopped concentrated on passing and started forcing shots instead. Hopefully this year in this running fast break style they will be able to finish their shots better and he may be the one finishing with the forwards handling more often. Let's see what happens.

--turk--
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 05:46:13 pm »

so tom tolbert an old warrior player who does a radio station here in th bay area said when he spoke with Baron, baron told him that he was willing to do anything nellie told him to do. nellie has 13 seasons of over 50 wins and countless playoff appearances and so he's more then willing to just do whatever he's told regardless of what it does to his numbers. on another note the starting lineup is G-b.davi, G-M.peitrus, F-J.Rich, F-Dunleavy, C-Murphy.  Nellie said dunvleavy is struggling but that its only natural because he's now expected to do alot of different things then he's been doing since he came into the league (more drving to the hoop and playmaking) and nellie also said peitrus was doing outstanding, playing lock down D, driving to the hoop and showing better judgment on shot selection.
Big C
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 01:42:44 pm »

I think he can be a great leader on the court. He shows up big in clutch situations. Baron can take any player in the league off he dribble. I also think he will have a soild year in Don Nelson's system. The biggest problem with Baron is he always get's hurt. Remember this is the same Baron that use to bring the Hornet's to playoffs every year almost by himself.

td21
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 03:18:20 pm »

man no doubt he is one of the best point guards in the league. basically he has to play at least 70 games healthy for them to let people know they are for real. if he gets those nagging injuries they do not have to worry about the playoffs.
GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 10:26:16 am »

looking at the numbers from preseason (since i haven't been able to catch any on tv) it looks like nelson is going to use a deep, very deep, bench hopefully the entire year. if he does maybe we can relieve baron of some minutes and reduce his risk of injury and when he does get injured becauseits inevitable, we can make up for it by using multiple players for limited minutes, wagner for 24 and ellis for 24, and maybe even roberson if we keep him.
legenderypete
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:16:25 pm »

if people saw him in pre-season he looked alot better than usual and his shot selection is better hopefully he keep it up in the season. plus he beeen shootin alot better freethrows
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 01:40:53 am »

shot selection
turk
Star

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 09:35:11 pm »

Shot 1 for 9 from field and 0 for 3 from free throw line last game. Team looks terrible and he's not helping.

--turk--
td21
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 09:27:48 am »

injury, what else is new for baron?
bayball
Starter

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 11:37:20 pm »

well, the warriors are much better statistically in the win column (above .500) with him than without (below .500), but he is getting payed 13 million to be a franchise player yet he plays in only 2/3 of the games

i really like him as a player and he makes the warriors go but he gets injured an awful lot

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: