Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should the Warriors Do?  (Read 3594 times)
turk
Star

Respect: 0

« on: August 08, 2006, 06:05:06 pm »

Now that the Warriors have stockpiled power forwards and centers and traded D. Fish (which I think was a mistake) what do you think they should do in the way of trades? Right now they have a lot of players but they are very unbalanced. Do you think that Harrington would be right for them and if so, who would your try and move for him?

--turk--
beauduvall
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:49:29 pm »

The Warriors will never make the playoffs with Baron Davis shooting 36% and missing half of every season.   You were a better team when he was out.  You singed Dumb-leavy to a huge contract and he all of a sudden fell asleep, and you have a lot of big men but you have the worst starting Center in the game today and Troy Murphy, another huge unwanted contract.  I say put Troy at Center and put Diogu and starting PF.  Or vice versa.  Then trade Dunleavy for someone of equal worth....like...Viktor Khrapha!
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 08:40:27 am »

Trade baron and murphy for someone good, baron is a ballhog and gets injured all the time, murphy is a good player with high trade value , but i dont know who would u get for them because of bad contracts
TradeProposalDude
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 09:21:46 pm »

Trade ALL their long term contracts (excluding Baron and J-Rich) and acquire needed cap flexibility.

They did a good job getting rid of Derek Fisher. Now, get rid of the albatrosses of Adonal Foyle and Mike Dunleavy. Troy Murphy at least gives you something every night, even if his on ball defense is atrocious. But if they are able to trade him for expiring contract(s) or close to it, it's debatable.

"I'm like Halle Barry. Everybody wants my butt."

-Shaquille O'Neal
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:21:28 am »

you need more shooters like Adonal Foyle

lol check it out..

turk
Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:55:44 pm »

I would trade Murphy, Richardson and Diogu (and even a #1 pick) to Minnesota if they could get Garnett.

Starters

Garnett
Davis
Dunleavy
Pietrus
Biedrins or Foyle

Backups
Bryant
Ellis
Taft
The other pickups they got for Fisher and maybe Cheaney

--turk--
oaktownwarriors87
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 02:25:53 pm »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
Trade baron and murphy for someone good, baron is a ballhog and gets injured all the time, murphy is a good player with high trade value , but i dont know who would u get for them because of bad contracts

Are you kidding me? Troy Murphy is probably the worst defensive player in the NBA and the most un-athletic power forward in the NBA. The guy has no post moves, steals rebounds from his own teammates, is always the last player down the floor .

Baron Davis is the third best playmaker in the NBA and yes he does shoot to many three pointers.

Dunleavy-Ellis-Pietrus-Diogu-Biedrins
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: