Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flip Of A Different Variety  (Read 4900 times)
kobeaki
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: August 09, 2006, 05:41:39 pm »

what do you detroit guys think of flip saunders,  im just curious...love him hate him? The pistons first three quarters of the season was like their best ever and then playoffs were like their worst ever....kinda looked like the lakers in '04 finals...so anyway, with no malice intended, whats your opinions of the guy?
TheWhiteGuy
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:56:51 pm »

Hes no Larry Brown but I like him, he just overplayed the starters in the regular season hes a good coach and he added offense to the Pistons which is what they needed. In my opinion he was best man for the job after Larry Brown because the pistons still played good D but lacked offense and thats what he installed.

legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:54:22 am »

im not a fan he concentrated last year on offence in the playoff's which isnt a bad thing but he let our defence slip, which was our main game. Also he didnt run plays to ben which made him mad and broke team chemistry
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:41:12 am »

he's actually a pretty good coach and will take their talents offensively to a new level, u guys did see their wins this year right?

KrissKross
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 03:25:44 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
he's actually a pretty good coach and will take their talents offensively to a new level, u guys did see their wins this year right?

I think because he's an offense minded coach on a defense-minded team that it will cause problems in the long run, especially now that they lost #3, a guy who the other starting four have been playing with for a very long time.

KrissKross
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 10:52:12 pm »

everybody but ben was happy and satisfied with focusing on offense, thats what led to him leaving, he didn't get his way

Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 11:03:12 am »

He is an average coach with abow average team, so he will do just fine

No NBA title, but Conference Finals are very possible.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 07:46:51 pm »

Quote from: "#10"
He is an average coach with abow average team, so he will do just fine

No NBA title, but Conference Finals are very possible.

i wouldn't say he is average, he consistently got mediocre KG teams to the playoffs for about a decade and got them to the conference finals once and competed with the dominant laker team

Big C
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 01:29:51 pm »

Flip is a good coach. He just lost to a healthy Heat team that everyone else lost to.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 09:08:20 pm »

he's an unproven playoff coach, that much we can all atest too. I mean, the dude had Kevin Garnett for how long? and only made one whelp at a conference finals. pathetic. I half blame him for taking away KG's chance to be a multiple champion. I'm not a wolves fan, but I think the guy is amazing and deserves to be remembered as a champ.

Saunders totally let me down as a Piston fan last season. he doesn't change the line-ups. no adjustments. just keep on doing what worked in the regular season while the Cavs figure out ways to play better and better against us. Saunders was outcoached by Cleveland, but the D's talented prevailed. and definetely out shined by Riley.

the fact that Larry Brown was fired for this guy was probably Joe Dumars most foolish move yet. LB got Detroit to back to back NBA finals, and a championship in his first year as coach. he fires LB, hires Saunders. Saunders blows the season in a dreadful playoff appearance and effectively runs Ben Wallace down the street to Chicago.

I don't think Saunders is the worst coach in the league, there's Doc Rivers and Isiash Thomas for that. but I just don't get this guy at all?
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:14 am »

Quote from: "thetravellingpalmer"

the fact that Larry Brown was fired for this guy was probably Joe Dumars most foolish move yet. LB got Detroit to back to back NBA finals, and a championship in his first year as coach. he fires LB, hires Saunders. Saunders blows the season in a dreadful playoff appearance and effectively runs Ben Wallace down the street to Chicago.

Excactly!!!! They were 7 minutes away from a back-to-back champion, oh the pain Dumars has caused for Detroit, Darko wasn't enough it had to be Flip aswell. During that offseason if Dumars could focus on bring in better bench players then that's it, we could have won the 2006 NBA finals. We got off to a great start with Flip because of the offensive and defensive mixtures, sure we won more in the season but we could've beaten the Bull's record too but dumbass Dumars doesn't want to so we decided to lose 10 games during the last quarter of the season including 3 straight loss at the end of the season. When playoffs arive Flip had no idea what to do while Larry Brown would always come back like he did against indiana, miami, and almost san antonio. We should've just gotten an assistant coach that could help the team with their offense. Oh and FFS! If you have such a good record 38-5, MAKE HISTORY!!! BEAT THE BULL'S RECORD!!!!

SAA-WISH!
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 07:55:09 am »

I think Darko could have been developed into a good player if Detroit put the time and dedication into him. have Rasheed mentor him, help with offense and low post skills. nothing like that happened. they were in a win-now mode and rookie's weren't anyone's concern. and I believe that's still the situation now with Maxiell and Johnson.

Detroit will probably usher a couple future all stars through thier bench and D-league due to thier win now attitude.

thats why teams go through a great period then suck for 8 years. because they forget about the future while they see opportunity to win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: