Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foreign draft picks  (Read 3089 times)
WashWizard
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: August 09, 2006, 07:43:57 pm »

Will either Ian Mahinmi or Viktor Sanikidze be coming to play next season? We need youth and we need some guys who can play the 3/4. The longer we leave those two there, the longer it will be before they are ready to really contribute in the NBA. It does sound like Sanikidze is a stud though.

legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 08:30:27 am »

Mahinmi hasnt been that great in developing but hes still young and could in the euroleague this season, Scola is the young player that the spurs should bring in hes very talented and only 24 but spurs just dont bring in younger players, also Javkotas is a young player from lithuania who spurs hold rights too is quite talented defensive big man who would help, probably only scola will ever make it in the nba but not with teh spurs.
HoopsHype
Administrator
Journeyman

Respect: -11

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 07:07:05 am »

Javtokas is not all that young anymore... Born in 1980. I was surprised he joined Panathinaikos instead of the Spurs this season. The Greeks must be throwing a lot of money out there this summer. It's the same team that signed Tony Delk last week.
legenderypete
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:12:12 pm »

He still quite young 26 and he a be nice player in the Nba but probably wont get there unless his rights are traded, maybe with scola and other players which is a shame
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 10:16:45 am »

I think that Scola is more like 27-28 years old, maybe 26 but certinly not less.

Why Javtokas and Scola didn t come? Because the Spurs did not want to give them real money and Scola has also a big bay-out!

I am sure Jatokas would come if they would offer him 3-4 millions over 2 years. But it is too much for Spurs. :evil:

Sometimes you must to pay a fair price for player! Manu and Tony were cheap and underpaid over rookie contrats and now they think that will work for every foreign player.

Mahinmi is not ready yet, maybe next year.
Demian
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:42:05 am »

Scola is 26 and he finish contract with Tau Vitoria in 2008.  I donĀ“t know how much is the buyout But Scola can choose his out. If Spurs don't bring now is because don't want. The clause for the out finished in July.

Scola have been expecting in june and july the Spurs's call and don't produce it.
Scola will finish his contract and then he will go to NBA if Spurs or other team want him or stay in Tau until the end of his career because he stay very well and happy in Tau.

kanijo
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 10:46:44 am »

I'm agree with Demian. About the other guy, I don't know what can contribute Javtokas to Spurs. He's a big body, can rebound and block, but less more. Fabrizio Oberto is already in the team and is by far a better player than Javtokas, give him a chance.
Demian
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 11:22:22 am »

Oberto had problems with 3 defensive seconds and little more. Not strong in free throws but is a good player, with experience. In his second season he should play more minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: