Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is going to be the starting 5... heck the other 7?  (Read 4098 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: October 01, 2007, 11:30:27 am »

Who do you think is going to make up the starting 5 on opening night?

I think it's going to be

Foye, Green, Brewer, Jefferson, and Blount.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:50:56 pm »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"
Who do you think is going to make up the starting 5 on opening night?

I think it's going to be

Foye, Green, Brewer, Jefferson, and Blount.

pretty much the same but ricky davis will probably start over green or brewer unless he is traded
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 03:04:14 pm »

Foye, Davis, Brewer, Jefferson, Blount.

Wolves need a scoring punch, Davis brings it. He's a streaky shooter and can take over a game of he gets hot for a couple of minutes.

I'm surprised they still have to rely on Blount at the C position. They don't even have a valuable backup that's over 6-10, forcing Big Al to step in as a C and play with a undersized PF like Smith or Gomes. I wish Ratliff was healthy, but as of now he's a corpse.

Other seven? There won't be a set rotation with so many new guys. Hard to tell now.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:27:15 pm »

I am praying that they get rid of Davis.  He is such a cancer...  Think Ron Artest without creativity, consistancy, or talent.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:46:56 pm »

davis isn't a bad player, he's just not the player you want leading your team, he should still start here though

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 11:58:53 am »

I will actually disagree.

This is a man without integrity... he ran the ball back to his own basket purposely missed once just to get a triple double.   This is a man who has the talent to get a triple double, and doesn't post the effort on the boards...

he had 20 games of 20 points or more last year, and 12 games with less than 10 pts a game.

KG hasn't had a game under 10pts in 7 years.  Where as KG is the exception... he is also the rule in Minnesota... he is the player that fairly or unfairly will be the marker to measure the players from now on, and integrity, character, teamwork, team concept...

Rickey Davis gets an F, C-, D, and D for his grades...

When you have a team filled with young people the last thing in the world I want is a veteran that is a selfish premadonna.

Ricky has the talent to be a 17-20 pt, 4 boards, and 4 assists kind of guy every night, but he should also be getting 1-2 steals a game, and his defense is suspect, his shooting isn't nearly as streaking as Latrell Spreewell, but he reminds me more and more of Spree than he does of anyone else... and it isn't Spree's 50 point games when he was a Warrior, or his drive as an early return from suspension with the knicks... it's

I can't feed my family on 8 million a year Spree.  It's choke the coach spree...  

Rickey Davis is a Disease that kills chemistry dead...

Might as well call him RAID

Thanks,

BC Beneke
shizumaru76
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 02:21:21 pm »

ryan gomes is still with the team right?  how about:

pg: randy foye, sg: corey brewer, sf: ryan gomes, pf: smith/juwon howard, c: al jefferson
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 02:48:09 pm »

Foye
Green
Walker
Smith
Jefferson

Telfair
McCants
Gomes
Howard
Ratliff

Jaric
Doleac

Madsen - injured list

Brewer - DLeague
Richard - DLeague

Cut  Buckner, Edwards, Simien

I would move Brewer to the Dleauge right off the bat to make sure that he gets all the playing time that he possibly could rather than sitting on the bench unless he is guarenteed a starting spot, but since he has the option of going down I really think that the minutes would be best for him in the Dleague right now... then in December or so when the Wolves start trying to trade Howard, and Walker the team can call up Brewer, or if someone gets hurt he's going to be fresh and ready to go.  I read the comments by Witless that he wishes he did last year different with McCants... I think that weighs on him, and Brewer goes to the Dleague.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 03:39:08 pm »

Foye
McCants
Green
Walker
Jefferson

or

Foye
Green
Gomes
Walker/Jefferson
Jefferson/Ratliff

RIP Madawg
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »

Why do you think that Brewer wont get playing time?  That's why they're clearing out the roster... to get these kiddies the playing time they need to develop.  I expect Walker to spend the majority of the next 2 seasons, barring a trade, on the bench.

By seasons end I think the starting line-up will be:

Jefferson
Smith
Brewer/Gomes
Green
Foye

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 03:51:36 pm »

Brewer will develop a quadrillion times faster playing in the NBA rather than the D-League. D-League is for the guys who do not get playing time in the NBA, but are not supposed to go all rusty.

Starting five around season-tipoff:

PG - Foye
SG - Green
SF - Brewer
PF - Jefferson
C - Ratliff

Bench:

Smith
Gomes
McCants
Walker
Telfair
Doleac
Buckner

Injured list:

Howard
Madsen
Richard (D-League)

Gone by that time:
Edwards
Simien
hopefully Jaric
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 04:47:57 pm »

Corey Brewer needs to come off the bench to start the year. I think we need to see what we have with Gerald Green and Rashad McCants before Corey Brewer. No offense to any of them, of course, I just know we have less time for the first two youngins' than we have with Brewer.

RIP Madawg
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 06:04:46 am »

The reason why I think that Brewer would be best served to start in the DLeague is Minutes... for the very reason why you guys mentioned...

We have less time to see what Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, and Rashad McCants have to offer, and this way while the team learns Brewer will still be able to get serious minutes, and not be just a meaningless minutes guy, or a guy to take away minutes from the other two at the very beginning of the season.  I don't say keep him there all year at all, but for that first month of the season why the team figures out the situation... I personally feel that it's best.

It probably won't happen, but I think that it should because while you think he will develop more at the NBA level, I think he needs to work on his offensive game, and he will not do that sitting on the bench.

So unless they start him, and give up on McCants, or Green we have no other real choice.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: