Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ryan Gomes waived by wolves?  (Read 3202 times)
sherlock
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: August 02, 2007, 02:32:20 am »

from celticsblog : "There is a rumor going around that Ryan Gomes might get cut by the TWolves and sign back with the Celtics.  Cross your fingers"

if ryan gomes is indeed waived by the wolves (although I can't see why) ... then I'm sure 29 teams will try to pick him up from waiver list  (so it's not that he will be free to re-sign with boston)... which team has the advantage in such cases ... what are the criteria of ranking teams when picking somebody up from waiver list?

elementary!
tplay
All-Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 03:12:10 pm »

it may have been a wink-wink part of the deal

no, that just sounded gay
its like when gary payton was traded from boston to atlanta for antoine walker
then payton was wavied by atlanta and he returned to boston

I once met Steve and Josh in real life.
DWADE3
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 06:53:19 pm »

If he does get waived, it has to be a wink, wink deal, cause the Wolves could definatly use him...

DWADE MVP 2010
SunsFan102
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:54:43 pm »

Why would they waive him? :?

An NBA ICON!

Camby
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 07:38:28 pm »

They've already got enough PFs in Al Jefferson, Eddie Griffin, & Mark Madsen, so he won't get in the rotation as much.
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 02:35:46 am »

Quote from: "tplay"
it may have been a wink-wink part of the deal

no, that just sounded gay
its like when gary payton was traded from boston to atlanta for antoine walker
then payton was wavied by atlanta and he returned to boston

i don't remember payton's contract at the time ... but i think that the reason boston was sure that they could resign him is that no team was interested in claiming payton off waivers ... of course that is not the case for ryan gomes ...

the problem here is that gomes' guarenteed contract is much lower than his actual value ... so unless they can send him for a 1st rnd pick ... they should wait for next year when he is a restricted free agent and if they don't want to keep him... sign and trade him to get equal value at least

elementary!
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:38:36 am »

Quote from: "Camby"
They've already got enough PFs in Al Jefferson, Eddie Griffin, & Mark Madsen, so he won't get in the rotation as much.

eddie griffin?? nice comeback that would be ... you probably mean craig smith ... mark madsen is not a pf ... you have to be a basketball player first to have a position

elementary!
legenderypete
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:54:44 am »

Quote from: "SunsFan102"
Why would they waive him? :?

last year of his contract and he dosent want to stay at the t-wolves no point keepin a player who dosent want to be there, when your team is rebuilding.(hit contract is too small to be off any worth in a trade)
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:34:11 am »

Quote from: "sherlock"
Quote from: "Camby"

eddie griffin?? nice comeback that would be ... you probably mean craig smith ... mark madsen is not a pf ... you have to be a basketball player first to have a position

from the last time i mentioned his name ... RIP Eddie Griffin ... this is beyond basketball ... we can never know the exact details of his death ...we can only assume that alcoholism and depression got the best of him

elementary!
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 11:11:44 pm »

i don't believe there's any truth to this until it happens

team adidas 21121
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 02:59:05 pm »

he shouldnt get waived hes young and could progress into becoming a descent player not an all star but good enough to help the team

celtics champions of 08
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 12:42:31 am »

I seriously do not see them waiving Gomes.

Buckner I can see, maybe even Marko Jaric if they can't make a deal to get rid of him, but I don't see them getting rid of Gomes who can be a great backup at the 3 and the a 3rd string 4 in a fast lineup.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: