Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What will it take to get Kevin McHale to step down?  (Read 1941 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: October 01, 2007, 12:55:27 pm »

This man's track record is so bad you'd think he was part of Bush's cabinet.

1-  (3) 2nd round picks that have even made the team in his tenure.  Only one of them having more value than a filled roster spot (Craig Smith).

2-  Joe Smith!  Do I need to say more?

3- Ndi Ebi, Will Avery, Paul Grant (who didn't even make the roster as a 1st round pick!!!)  wasted 1st round picks

4- Biggest free agent signing?  Mike James

5-  Notoriously infamous relationship with agents.

6-  Stuck in 1983 (those tight shorts cut off the brain flow)

7-  Cap management?

8-  Umm 12 years of KG, 1 attempt at putting together a team around him for 1 season

9-  2 lopsided trades with the Boston Celtics which will put them in the playoffs, and make the Wolves the Boston Lite

10-  unwillingness to shoulder the blame

11-  Firing Flip Saunders for McChump's mistakes

12-  Dwayne Casey a 1st time head coach and Randy Wittless as a failed head coach brought back  The first with a Veteran team that needed a veteran coach, the second a coach whose claim to fame was he was so lousy that his team got LeBron James after they fired him.

13-  A team that annually loses between 10-15 million dollars a season, and isn't bad enough for a top 3 pick, and isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

14-  7 of 8 years in the playoffs one and done.

15-  no previous job experience moved up straight up to the head position.

16-  16 players under contract in a league where you have a 12 man roster, and 3 player reserve/DLeague...  

17-  Marko Jaric for Sam Cassell and a 1st round pick.

18-  Wally Szerbziak and Michael Olewakandi and a 1st round pick for Banks, Davis, Blount, Dupree, and (the other guy we gave away to the Rockets) only to not be able to resign Banks (the keey to the trade!), and no one to keep Davis (a noted head case) in line.

19-  just personally taking Chris Richard when the team could have picked up Marc Gasol or Earl Gray at the Center position.

20-  Jesus wept, I have gotten to 20 already?  Do I really need to continue people?

They impeached Clinton for 1 thing...

Barry Bonds has less negative baggage with him than McChump.

Having Kevin McHale keep his job is the greatest travesty in Western Civilization since they chose to free Beravis over Jesus.  And I think that Carl Pohlad the owner of the Twins was one of the people making that poor decision... he's somewhere close to 2000 years old.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:23:59 pm »

I only disagree with 2 things:  A) I think he got a pretty fair trade for KG all things considered.  B) While you defend Saunders, I see him as another one of the failed coaches.  

And to think that he's #1 of all sports GM's according to last spring's Forbes magazine.  He certainly has done a great job in making his team a contender, assuming he's a double-agent and his team is Boston.  Hell he's done more for Boston as a GM in Minnesota than Ainge has done in Boston.  

All I can tell you is that it took years and years for Dallas to wise up and that it's worst for you because McHale is connected so deeply into the Minneanapolis sports scene.  

I feel your pain.  Not only has his past sucked so badly but the future is questionable too.  I have major doubts about Foye becoming a quality player.  I see him more as a Steve Francis type, and I think their Florida rookie is going to be average at best.  Furthermore they still have guys like Blount, Jaric and Howard to eat away their salary room and as soon as they ever do start to climb up a bit they'll pass a point that triggers a past trade sending off one of their 1st round picks.  

The KG deal made it 1 instead of 2, and it compensated the lost pick with an '09 Boston pick that should be a bottom 2 or 3 1st rounder.  Al Jefferson is good, Green has lots of potential, and Telfair still has some hope of potential, but Brewer, Foye, Smith, McCants, Gomes and the rest leave little to be desired from my point of view.  

All I can say is keep bitching loudly, get other T-wolf fans to ***, and hope that McHale will be fired or finally reach embarrasment to the point of stepping down.  

I'm a Mavs fan and never thought the Sund/Sonju pair could be topped by someone more capable of incompatence over a long period of time but McHale may have finally reached them in terms of sucking badly!
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:49:11 pm »

I am Wolves fan from day one, so while I have not had a Don Nelson, or a Pat Riley coach here I can pretty much go by what I've had, and I really think that if a great goach like they have in San Anatonio, or Utah, or Riley for the most part... gets a 9-10...  I would say that Flip was a 7.

Casey was a 3, and Wittless has less ability than an unflushed toilet.

All things considered because of having to wait this long to trade KG it was about as good as they could do.  The fact that they didn't do a better job of surrounding him with major NBA talent, is part of the reason why the KG trade wasn't great...  It didn't have to be made had McChump done a better job in the first freaking place.

I think Green has a the potential to be a scorer... hopefully he is more than one dimensional.  Al Jefferson posted very good numbers on a very bad team... so that translates well because the wolves are going to be terrible.

While there are other players I might have been more interested in than  Brewer, I think he's going to be better than you do.  I think he's going to be capable of being a Doug Christie in his prime to a mild version of Ron Artest kind of a ball player with a knowledge, and desire to play team ball, and win.  He is the kind of perfect person to have as glue in between star players... if Jefferson and Green can become these kinds of star players plus the Wolves should be picking top 5 for the next 3 years before they have to give up that pick to the Clippers, plus they got their pick back from Boston as well as part of the Szerbziak trade in the Garnett deal...   Brewer also can get to the freethrow line because he is a terrible jump shooter he is going to go to the hole more often because young players don't rely on what they are bad at... they go with what they are good at and the wolves are lousy at getting to the lane.

Foye I am concerned about.  I think he has the potential to be a decent ball player, but he will never be Brandon Roy, and he will never be TJ Ford... so if he can't be one or the other... a good scorer, or a great point guard I worry.

Telfair... he is Stephon Marbury's cousin... do I need to say more?  That gene pool is shallow like spit falling to the bottom of a dry well.

McCants I think if he learns to play within himself could be a 15-20pt a night scorer.  It just depends on how many shots it's going to take, but the knows how to win, he can defend a little, and the guy can flat out score.

While I don't hate Blount... Rickey Davis is a cancer, and Marko has been so unhappy that he's not going to be much help.

I really think that they can trade Davis, Marko, and Howard before the season starts if they want to.

That deal with San Antonio would be awesome for Howard, and the deal mentioned by me and others with Miami would benefit both teams dramatically... and would put the wolves at a huge advantage at getting their salary cap restructured.

Even counting Troy Hudson who I think still counts against the cap next year even though he was bought out this year... (but not counting Telfair whom I think they will not resign.) Gomes getting 1.2 million, and giving a 3.2 million contract to Craig Smith because the wolves overspend, and 8 million a year to Al Jefferson starting next year that puts the wolves at about 43 million next year with 10 players locked up.

Telfair, Richard, Edwards, off the protected roster...

They will be almost guarenteed a top 5 draft pick next year which will hopefully be a fantastic PG, or a Center which could change things around 110% in a season.

And I don't want to be optimistic.  I want to still be depressed about losing KG, and I will always hate kevin McChump.

I mean I have a myspace page.  

www.myspace.com/kevinmchalesucksass   spell that out... it says everything.  I don't go there often, but I like to keep it up as a protest.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 02:14:14 pm »

NBA players require more money than they are worth.

No way Big Al is going to settle on a five year extensions starting at 8 million. Forget about that. I don't think he's going to get the max, but I would say that ~55 million over 5 years will be a bargain, as we're hoping he'll be a 20-10 guy night in and night out.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:45 am »

I figured it would come out to 8 million with the rest coming off the cap this year as a signing bonus for him for the other money since they are already paying out the yin and the yang this year... that they would rather pay for it all this year if at all possible, but with the cap and the luxury tax... maybe not...  

I did expect it to be 5 years and 50 million, but to be more back loaded, or used as a bonus now...

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: