Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regular Season Rotation  (Read 1543 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: October 18, 2007, 06:00:02 pm »

I am anxious to see who the coach puts into the rotation through the first week of the regular season.  We have 14 players under contract, and all of them can contribute.  You can only suit up 12 each night.

I am guessing the lineup to look like this:

PG:  Tinsley - Diener - Owens
SG:  Dunleavey - Rush
SF:   Granger - Daniels
PF:   Oneal - Diogu
C:    Murphy - Foster - Harrison

Inactive: Graham - Williams (3 game suspension)

Williams will probably rotate games with Harrison when he returns, depending on the opponent.

I can see them running almost a 12 man rotation every night trying to keep fresh legs.  Keep the tempo flying and run the short rotation teams into the ground.  This would keep the minutes down for our often injured players, and maybe we could see 82 games from Tinsley, Daniels and Oneal.

Thoughts???

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:41:19 pm »

I would use a 9 man-rotation of:

PG: Jamaal Tinsley -- Travis Diener -- Marquis Daniels
SG/SF: Danny Granger -- Mike Dunleavy -- Marquis Daniels -- Kareem Rush
PF: Jermaine Oneal -- Ike Diogu -- Shawne Williams
C: Troy Murphy -- Jeff Foster -- David Harrison

1. Jamaal plays around 31 mins a game.. leaving 17 mins for our youthful sharp shooter Travis.
2. the sg/sf is a nice rotation of height.. passes.. shooters.. slashers.. and different types of defenders.
3. this 1 hurts.. coz JO will rack up 35 mins.. leaving 13 for Ike?.. only solution comes in my 4th opint.
4. Troy plays around 25 mins.. 18 mins for Foster.. leaving 5 quick mins of JO n Ike combo.
5. Kareem Rush is the 10th situational man.. if theres foul trouble.. or injury.. or theres typical poor shooting.. Rush gets into the game.
6. If both Tinsley and Travis are having trouble guarding the good big guards.. Marquis can slid into PG.
7. David Harrison is good back-up.. knowing 1 of our bigs is always injured.. Harrison can play center.. and all other bigs can play PF.
8. My 12th man would be Shawne Williams.. because hes our only tweener between the SF/PF position on the roster.. which can help us against certain teams.. plus Shawne needs the experience to help his potential.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 08:52:30 pm »

I just have a problem with playing guys over 30 minutes consistently.  I think that is why there has been so many injuries.  Carlisle wanted to play a short rotation, and eventually, we had guys playing who couldn't practice, and guys missing games.

This team has depth, and a 9 man rotation at the tempo they are looking to play has tinsley, and oneal out by X-mas.  Tired legs get injured easily.  I don't think they can pull off the frantic pace with a 9 man, and the first time we had a back-2-back would be almost joke like.

IT will be interesting to see what the coach plans, he said a 10-man is what he wanted, and it may go to a consistent 11-man, so we'll see.

I still think the more you can get every guy playing quality minutes the better prepared the tem is for the second half.

Boom Baby!!!!
Darth Celtic
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 01:08:53 am »

Honestly, this team sucks.  4-0 in the preseason haha good job, 0-4 in the regular season-book it.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:38:51 am »

Quote from: "Darth Celtic"
Honestly, this team sucks.  4-0 in the preseason haha good job, 0-4 in the regular season-book it.

100 bucks we win 1 of our first 4 games.
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 01:10:37 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Quote from: "Darth Celtic"

100 bucks we win 1 of our first 4 games.

lol make it 3 out of 4

Wed, Oct 31   Washington   Indiana
Fri, Nov 02                    Miami                   Indiana
Sat, Nov 03   Indiana                   Memphis
Wed, Nov 07   L.A. Clippers   Indiana

i think indiana will surprise a few people (and bettors) early in the season

elementary!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: