Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 Draft  (Read 3741 times)
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: October 11, 2007, 04:15:30 pm »

Knowing what you know now about NCCA players and the current Wolves roster, who and/or what type of player do you think the Wolves should target in the 2008 draft?

Hey, I know it's early but it's just for fun!

I think the best fit would be a big defensive center... Roy Hibbert comes to mind.  He and Big Al would make a great frontline that would compete with the Odens and the Howards of the future.

What do you think?

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:54:53 am »

Someone really tall.

RIP Madawg
sherlock
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:16:29 am »

Quote from: "Dice Dice Baby!!"
Someone really tall.

u got it !

with the #6 pick of the 2008 draft the minnesota timberwolves select ...
... Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown 7-2/278

also

#36 Kyle Weaver 6-5 201 PG/SG Wash.St.
#44 Tyrese Rice
Ht/Wt: 6-0/183 lbs
Position: PG/SG
Drafted From:Boston College

i just love these early draft predictions

elementary!
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:34 am »

They need a real point guard, and a Center.

So take the very best one available if you can, otherwise just bring in the absolute best possible talent you can, and pray that Kevin McChump is fired, retires, or ceases to exist, and the Timberwolves will have a chance.

As long as McChump is running this team... it will be like JFK Jr. flying a plain.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 05:35:42 am »

Depends where they land in the lottery.

At this time, best pure point guard is Derrick Rose. Best center is Roy Hibbert.

This all will probably change, with OJ Mayo living up, or not living up to all of his hype and so on. At elast the Wolves shopuldn't be interested in Mayo, they already have a similar player in Foye, just with not as much playmaking skill. But Mayo could be the enxt Arenas just as much he could be the next Shaun Livingston.

One thing I'm sure of, Tyler Hansbrough will be a top-5 pick. Right now he's ranked around ~15 at various mock drafts. He's as NBA-ready as you can get out of the 08 class, excluding Hibbert.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 12:31:29 pm »

All I know for sure is that if you go to www.mntimberwolves.com and look throughout the history of the team...  you see Pooh Richardson and Terrible Braindead (terrel brandon), and think oh my god they were AMAZING point guards compared to the crap that the team has had at the position ever since.  

Then again there are so many pretend point guards in the NBA right now...  Shoot first, 2nd, and 3rd, and take a travel, or a charge before passing kinds of point guards annoy me.  

Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, TJ Ford... those kinds of PG's are a dying breed where it's pass first.  I hope that Mike Conley can be that kind of PG.  

I know that Randy Foye won't be.  I will predict he plays in 80 of the 82 games, and starts every game that he plays, and will not have a single 10 assist game next year.

While I like Hibbert's talent... I am not sure he would fit the running style that the Wolves are trying to ebrace.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 10:42:07 am »

Come on man!  Foye is not a bust yet!  

Let him develop as a player before you cast him off as a Mike James clone!  I expect to see him become a leader this year.

Also, I wasn't aware the Wolves were going to go for a running type team.  I guess I assumed otherwise since Big Al is such a post presence.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 10:56:00 am »

BC, you're forgetting Sam Cassell. He was a better player overall than Pooh and Brandon, just not a pure point. But he fit the Wolves needs perfectly (Ervin "1 point once a month" Johnson on center) with his high octane scoring/assist combo.

The Wolves have a small team. Besides Big Al who is tall and big at 6-10, there's only *coughscoughsMarkBlountcoughscoughcough*. What else? a fleet of undersized PFs, normal SFs and the typical SF/SG guys. Bah, only thing they can do is run. Juwan Howard is too soft these days, plus he's a jumpshooter like Blount. Mark Madsen? The words 'Madsen' and 'offense' met only once and it resulted in a funny line; 1/12 FG, 0/7 3PT FG.

I don't know...last time they tried it (last season under Casey, after the Wally-Ricky trade) it went bad. But hey, we had Marcus Banks running the show and Justin Reed being the sixth guy. This year it'll be Foye as the first and Gomes as the second so it ought to be better. I wish Blount would get a kick to the nuts and the lineup would consist of Foye/Davis/Brewer/Smith/Jefferson, with Gomes, Green and McCants the first guys of the bench.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 11:27:01 am »

First off, the Wolves have said in the paper that they are going to be more of an up and down team this year.  How they wanted to run last year, but their PG play was so inconsistant that they couldn't.

Now I don't know if I said directly that Foye was a bust.  I'm saying he's a 1.75 guard... far more of a shoot first guard than a get his team the ball kind of point guard.  What this team needs is a Pooh Richardson or a Terrible Braindead kind of point guard 12-14 points 8-10 assists a game with hopefully 1.75-2.25 steals a game.

Foye if he is what I think he is going to be a 15-17 point guy with 5-6 assists, and 1-2 steals a game.

I would much rather see Green and McCants play than Ricky Davis.  In fact I'd really like it if they couldn't trade him that they just bought him out, and got rid of his cancer.  This is a team without leaders, and worse, it has Ricky Davis impersonating a leader.  I already read an article about how Corey Brewer is starting to look up to him... that almost made me throw up in my mouth man!  Brewer is a winner, Ricky Davis is moldy cheese.

I agree with the need to kick Blount in the nuts, but I like a shock collar more.  Have one of Witlless' mindless coaches holding the button so that if Blount stands more than 8 ft from the rim he gets 1000 volts to the neck.  He is about as passive as Hanoi Jane Fonda, and his defense reminds me of the Minnesota Gophers football team.  Can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, can't stop the scoring.  He did play like a man posessed last year right before the All Star Break before Witless became the coach.  Then he became a shrinky dink center who suddenly thought he was Ray Allen and started popping 3 pointers.

Let's trade Ricky Davis for Shawn Bradley's contract

And trade Blount to Washington for a 1st round pick in 2020.  with Eton Thomas out now... Blount could fit in well there.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: