Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antawn Jamison possibly coming to the Wolves?  (Read 2358 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: October 12, 2007, 09:16:18 am »

In the trades section a few days ago I saw a deal that looked like it was heaven sent.  As wolves fans, let me know what you think.  And no  I didn't make it up.

3-way trade

Utah Washington Wolves

Wolves receive Antawn Jamison

Utah receives Etan Thomas and Ricky Davis

Washington gets Kirelinko, and Blount.

Granted I know this makes the Wolves a very small team, but Jameson is almost 17 million off the books at the end of the season, and Blount is 7 million for the next 3 years.  Ricky Davis is cancer.

This trade would make Washington every bit the equal to the Celtics as a team... though no one could match up properly with KG, Kirelinko brings a lot to the table.

The 2nd best part of getting rid of Ricky Davis is that we are sending him to Utah to rot for Sloan.

But that's just my opion.  What did you guys think of that?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:35:31 pm »

Ricky Davis is awesome, I'm sorry; I know he can be kind of weird and menacing. I would love to get Blount's contract away from us, but I don't think this trade can possibly happen, especially with Etan Thomas out for the year after his heart surgery. I love the trade for everyone, accept for the Jazz; and they're notoriously stingy.

RIP Madawg
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 06:45:36 pm »

I missed Thomas' injury, and it was not brought up in the other trade aspects...  sorry about that.

Ricky Davis is awesome?

I'd rather have just about anyone than Ricky Davis.

I liked the other trade I read about too...  Ricky Davis and Marko Jaric to the Heat for Williams and Doleac.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:22:20 am »

Well, despite us liking it, I doubt McHale reads my trade propositions, so the Miami trade won't happen I guess, even it it would be good for both teams.

I wrote a lot on that 3-team trade in the trade section topic. Your bias against Ricky Davis is a bit too much IMO. Sure, he's a nutcase and he's a shot-jacker, but it could be worse. His contract is expiring, and he is a 17-4-4 guy at least. On a losing team, sure, but what to expect of the Wolves 07-08? Losing. He's the only guy on the team that can score in bunches, and that is needed too.

The trade would be nice for the Wolves. Jamison would make them better and still be as cap friendly as it gets in one year. With Antawn playing PF and Big Al playing C they would be able to run more and not be THAT awful. And who knows, maybe thanks to that, Ratliff, Davis and Jamison expiring, the Wolves could land Arenas, which would be helpful in resigning Jamison. Arenas/Foye/Brewer/Jamison/Jefferson in 08-09 is as much of a longshot as you get, but what the hell, everyone can dream.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »

With Etan Thomas having heart surgery I think this trade is dead.

I am all about a team concept, and Ricky Davis has no sense of TEAM... just ME ME ME ME ME ME.

He walked out on his team last year in the middle of a game.  He had FAR TOO MANY games scoring under 10 points.  His assists are great... his steals don't happen...  he is guilty of one of the most assanine selfish displays I have ever seen in going back to his opponent's basket to purposely miss a shot to get a triple double.  He has only been on bad teams, and he has never made his team better.  

He can score, and would make a great 6th man on a team like Miami, or be a great 2nd scoring option for a team like the Lakers.

As far Timberwolves players...  I have not been more disgusted with a player since Idiotbury pulled his crap.  

He is part of the triune idiocracy of Timberwolves basketball players  

Idiotbury, JR Rider, and Ricky Davis... 3 of the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse when it comes to team basketball.

So to say that I am being unfair, or overly harsh... tell me how many games that Ricky Davis has helped the Wolves, the Celtics, or the Cavs win in his tenure?  It's not hard to score points when your team has no expectations, and has already given up... just ask Sam Mitchell what he thinks of Mike James' 20 points a game 2 years ago.

Ricky Davis is a bottom feeder.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 05:20:00 am »

Well, yes - Ricky Davis is not a leader, nor he will lead a team to victories. He's a sidekick, and a very good one at that.

Sprewell was the same and gave the same, just he had KG and Sam with him. He won a lot of games with the Wolves. Davis is a younger, more athletic Sprewell. I still wonder how would it go if we didn't ship away Sam and after that switched Wally for Davis. I think Wolves would have another title run.

I dare to say that Ricky Davis was a great fit alongside KG, just the lack of a point guard hurt them both. Davis has a great offensive repertoire, ranging from dunks, slashing, shooting the three, spotting up. That often is his curse, as he thinks he can hit it all. I could care less for him being here, or being traded...but someone needs to score. If it wasn't for him, Boston would've blown us out of the gym in London.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 05:21:42 am »

*ack, double post*
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 04:08:46 pm »

Ricky Davis isn't even a side kick.  He's a side Cramp.

Yes he can do all the things you mentioned, but inconsistantly, and he is as good now as Spreewell was at the END of his career.  Remember when Spree was the man.  The guy could scored 30-50 any night if he got hot.  What the Wovles got was a man giving everything he had one year, and wanting to cash in on it, and the Wolves wouldn't so he pouted, and now he's out of the league.

As for the Ricky Davis.  I think that I'd rather lose by 20 every night than lose by 5 every night because Ricky Davis was there to spread his cancer into the young kids.

This team needs older veterans like Howard to lead this team, not hotheaded immature cancer clusters like Ricky Davis.

But again this is the Timberwolves, and we have McChump running this ship like he's auditioning to be the next captain of the Titanic.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: