Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Of the 17 players under contract, wich nine I mean 2 to cut?  (Read 2705 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: October 19, 2007, 01:33:25 am »

Of the 17 players under contract  Which 9, ummm I mean 2 players would you cut?

1.  Buckner   He brings nothing to the team
2.  Edwards   He brings less to the team
3.  Davis       He is human cancer
4.  Richard    Another wasted 2nd round pick
5.  Madsen    This man needs ADHD meds
6.  Jaric         Minor talent major contract malfunction

that leaves

Foye, Green, McCants, Brewer, Gomes, Smith, and Jefferson

Witless keeps saying he wants an 8-9 man rotation... so keep Telfair, Howard,  and Blount.

Yes, I'm being somewhat sacrastic, but all it does is show the pathetic job that Kevin McFailed has done with this team.

But seriously, they have to drop 2 worthless bodies off the roster... who will they be?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:05:12 am »

1. Buckner is a veteran guard, much better at ballhandling than Jaric, Telfair and possibly Foye. Foye and Telfair can learn defense from him.

2. Edwards will be gone in 2 seconds, he's just there to add depth during preseason. That leaves us with 16. Ah, his contract is not guaranteed.

3. Someone needs to score, plus he's the most tradeable asset on the team. Why cut, when you can trade him for someone more useful/cap friendly? I'd really like to see the Davis/Jaric for Williams/Doleac trade go down. Doleac would be most fitted to be cut then.

4. Did you actually see him play? I did. He's strong, has good positioning and knows how to help at pick'n'rolls. He's a better Mark Madsen, also raw offensively and needs to improve his defense. But we will have something out of him.

5. Team-pet. I couldn't care less.

6. I think we will have no other choice if a trade is not going to happen soon.

I say cut Edwards and Madsen, just Madsen is a "fan favorite" (lol yeah) so instead of cutting Madsen cut Howard or Jaric. Most prefferably Jaric, Buckner can fill his role much better.
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:26:15 am »

1. Buckner He brings nothing to the team
2. Edwards He brings less to the team
3. Davis He is human cancer
4. Richard Another wasted 2nd round pick
5. Madsen This man needs ADHD meds
6. Jaric Minor talent major contract malfunction

1.Buckner is a defensive role-player hmm not sure about keepin him as you already have hassel in that postion
2.john edwards is terrible struggled in the d-league last season
3. Davis may be a cancer but currently the team best scorer and has trade value.
4.Richard is a young rookie very similar to craig smith from what i heard not sure why he was drafted
5.Madsen a energy guy but lacks any real skills
6.Jaric is ok but never has fitted into the t-wolves after a promisin start at the clippers

Edwards and richard/madsen/buckner will be most likely waived.
Davis and jaric will probably leave in a trade if anyone wants them.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:36:24 am »

They have Buckner because they traded Hassell for him.

I guess I'm still pissy about the Timberwolves not taking a center with that 2nd round pick.  As centers are the one position that takes the longest to adjust to the NBA, and therefore make sense to take a chance on in the 2nd round, and put them in the NBDL if you have to.

Aaron Gray would have been perfect for the Wolves, but then again with Kevin McHale running this team, and Witless as the coach... they could have lead the original Dream Team to a .500 record.

Davis and Jaric to the Heat for Williams and Doleac (cut Doleac is something we've discussed, but with Hardaway starting to show some signs of his old self, it's getting more and more unlikely.

Howard to the Spurs for Barry and Udrih, then cut Udrih

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:39:00 am »

Edwards and Buckner, at a guess. Edwards for sure..

RIP Madawg
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 01:44:44 pm »

from what they were saying in the strib and the press they like Buckner.

So Edwards and if both Telfair and Foye come back healthy they very well might be cutting Jaric because they know that Buckner can handle a little point guard if need be.

It may come down to the better deal they can get in negotiating a buyout with one of those guarenteed contracts.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 03:18:50 pm »

Even if you cut a guy, you still hafta pay his salary.  So if anyone gets cut it will be the guys with the smallest/ shortest contracts.

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 03:58:25 pm »

I really like Richard, I hope they'll keep him.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 02:23:36 pm »

He showed something over the weekend that I think was great.

However I see him as a minor league player now.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: