Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kelenna Azubuike  (Read 2848 times)
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« on: November 17, 2007, 11:43:00 pm »

He's been playing lights out this year.  Averaging around 19 points per game, but I think that will go down after Stephen Jackson comes back.  I was a fan of Azubuike in college, in fact I was a fan of that whole 2005 Kentucky team (Rondo, Hayes, Sparks, Azubuike, Morris, etc.) and I don't know if other people are noticing how well he is playing.  He is a candidate for MIP after averaging a mediocre 7 points per game last year.
bayball
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:00:54 am »

Hopefully he keeps his starting spot when S-Jax comes back (that would mean benching Barnes/Pietrus)

tong
MVP

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 12:26:31 am »

Dude, Bukie has (arguably) been our best player this year. This dude is nuts! He has crazy athleticism, a natural feel for the game, and is a crazy scorer. I have a feeling that he will be better than JRich, as sad as it may be. He's much more consistent and fits in much better. It was like getting a free top 10 pick Smiley

qwerty123
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:09:52 am »

plus a great three point touch

bayball
Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 03:05:52 pm »

J-Rich deal was good because

1) Buike is a capable replacement and younger and cheaper and less injury prone
2) We got a nice young piece in Brandon Wright
3) We needed the money for extensions for our best players

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 01:36:14 am »

Quote from: "bayball"
J-Rich deal was good because

1) Buike is a capable replacement and younger and cheaper and less injury prone
2) We got a nice young piece in Brandon Wright
3) We needed the money for extensions for our best players

not to mention monta ellis and who knows what belinelli will end up like, the warriors got rid of j-rich and won't be looking back

kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:16:56 pm »

This guy has been playing his heart out. A total steal for the Warriors - he fits right in with their style of play.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 02:02:54 pm »

'Bookie' dominates.  Nellie thankfully has been instilling lots of confidence in him, a rarity on Nelson's part for young players.

I loved the J-Rich deal.  He was here through the ups and downs, DEFINATLY a class guy, however what the Warriors were trying to do just did not fit with him.  You cant have your 2 guard not playing defense.  He just wasnt good enough.  Now you got room for Bookie and Monta and even Belineli ( sp? ) to develop.  

Brandan Wright will pay HUGE dividents for years to come.  LONG guys like that with the knack for the ball are awesome.  Throw him and Biedrins together, well gobble up EVERY rebound, and with our uptempo game, well ANNIHILATE every team.

1 sided?  Sure, but thats why I am a Warriors fan baby, and last night's game VS Houston was a sign of things to come.  BRING ON THE SPURS BABY!

-SJ-Boy
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 06:22:15 pm »

Kelena should be called to the great britain team  :shock:  but has yet to be called up along with pops bonsumensu  Sad  espically now that were in the division A in europe and will be eligible to qualify for olympics etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: