Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many years will the Timberwolves be bottom feeders in the NBA?  (Voting closed: October 23, 2007, 01:02:16 pm)
NEVER they are a playoff team now - 0 (0%)
FOREVER they have a terrible coach, and a terrible gm - 1 (20%)
Just this season - 1 (20%)
2-3 years - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's play 20 questions!  (Read 3102 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: October 23, 2007, 01:02:16 pm »

The wolves have more talent now than they have ever had at any point in time 1-9 on the roster.

However

1) Theo Can he stay healthy, and how many minutes can he play?

2) Jeffereson is the best overall player on the team by far, but has never been on a good team, so can he make a team good?

3) Green is a scoring machine, but can he be an all around player

4) Gomes is a workman, will that work ethic translate into productive minutes?

5) Telfair is a proven failure, and his coach is a proven failure, do two negatives make a positve?

6) Foye is a shoot first point guard... are there any shoot first point guards besides Gary Payton that have ever been superstars, and before you say Magic Johnson, break it down he was a pass 1st guy most of the time... he was just he greatest point guard in the history of the world past present and future.  Can Foye become a traditional PG, or can he make it work as he is?

7) Can Ricky Davis get Chemotherapy and stop being the cancer that he has always been?

8) Will Mark Blount always have a fear of the rim, and learn to understand the words defense, and rebounding?

9) Will Marko Jaric see a psychiatrist, and start getting some testosterone shots?  The guy is as depressed as Yakoff Smirnoff wasn't funny, and seems to be kind of a weak sister on the court.

10) Will Mark Madsen ever take his ADHD medicine so he doesn't look like Charlie Brown on crack on the court?

11) Corey Brewer can shut down an opposition's offense, but will does he have an offense, or is he a clean version of Bruce Bowen?

12) How much bounce does Rashad McCants have after his surgery?

13) Who in the heck is Greg Buckner?

14) What kind of minutes will Juwan Howard command, and at whose expense?

15) Chris Richard needs to die his hair, get some tattoos, and his lip pierced or he will never get an identity in the NBA... just like he didn't in college, and he needs to keep rebounding like a machine, but I'd put him in the D league to start.

16) This leaves th team's only other guarenteed bonofied top flight player... the undersized Craig Smith who reminds me in a way of Charles Barkley.  KG never won a ring, Barkley never won a ring... Hopefully Craig Smith doesn't continue the trend, but what chance does he have with Witless and McDouche running the show?

17)  With Randy Witless as the coach, will this team be the worst coach team in the history of the NBA, or just the worst coach team in the NBA this season?

18)  With Kevin McChump running this team like he's captaining the Titanic, does this team have any survivers after the iceberg, or will all the kids be leaving their sneakers at the bottom of the NBA ocean?

19)  How in the world did Glen Taylor make any money outside of basketball?  He can't run them like he runs this franchise can he?

20)  Will the badluck in next year's lottery keep them from drafting a real CENTER or a REAL POINT GUARD next year, or will it just be Kevin McHale's inability to do anything right that keeps them at the bottom of the NBA for 2008/2009 as well?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:14:49 pm »

oops, that was supposed to say Does Chris Richard..., and "well, not will" on the Corey Brewer comment.  I should have previewed, my bad.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:22:08 pm »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"
Who in the heck is Greg Buckner?
He was a starter in the Heat-Mavs Finals so you should know him...

I'll answer some questions, 20 is way too many:
1. He can stay healthy but I don't want to see him getting much minutes at all because he's not gonna be on the team next year anyway.
2. He won't make this team good because he simply won't get a big enough role with Ricky Davis hogging the ball. Davis has an expiring contract, so in '08-'09 he can be the focal point of the offense.
5. What kind of a question is that?
6. Nate Archibald was a shoot first PG even though he led the league in assists. He always looked to shoot first. Iverson and Francis aren't PG's. I guess Marbury was considered a superstar at one point. Foye doesn't need to become a traditional PG. He can just play SG and dominate the ball like Iverson does.
7. No.
8. He'll always be a p.ussy.
20. I think they'll draft the best player available to play it safe since they'll have such a high pick.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:14:05 pm »

question 5 is a play on mathmatics where if you try and subtract two negatives you get a positive.

It was meant as a joke.

Telfair is related to Stephan Idiotbury so I just naturally expect him to stink like moldy sneaker.

You think Foye can dominate on an Iverson level?

Archibald was a great answer...

Thanks,

BC Beneke
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 02:38:45 pm »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"
question 5 is a play on mathmatics where if you try and subtract two negatives you get a positive.

It was meant as a joke
lol yea I understood it but it's not really a legit question.

You think Foye can dominate on an Iverson level?
Well not on an Iverson level because that's a hell of a lot of dribbling. Foye is 6'4'' and strong so he doesn't need to do all those fancy moves Iverson does. He benched pressed 185 lbs 14 times at the pre-draft physicals. For comparison, Wade, who's also 6'4'' and strong, bench pressed it 9 times.[/quote]
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 03:05:25 pm »

No, it wasn't meant as a real question because I think that Telfair is a freaking scrub.  I think he's a top 10 worst NBA, and I think as a Timberwolves fan I have gotten to see at least 5 of the worst PGs in the NBA.

1. Hudson (T-hud... thud the sound of all his bricks... 12 bricks to every assist)
2. Jaric   (deer in headlights)
3. Marcus Banks (the worst jumpshot I've ever seen... might as well be Mark Eaton shooting a 15 ft J.  And he is color blind... has no idea what team he's throwing it to.)
4. James (bottom feeding under achiever)
5. Telfair  (He is fast, and hopefully won't let the door hit him on his way out of town... he has no concept of a playbook, his assist to turnover ratio is bad, and he gets a lot of sloppy fouls)
5.5. Carter (no offense)

Atleast 5 of those players have to make the top 10 worst.

Speedy Claxton is probably

Thanks,

BC Beneke
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:14:43 pm »

1) Theo Can he stay healthy, and how many minutes can he play?  He wont stay healthy but he can put up 20-25 mins when he is healthy and brings defence which blount dosent play.

2) Jeffereson is the best overall player on the team by far, but has never been on a good team, so can he make a team good? Probably not, he has health questions but he still lacks alot on the defensive end

3) Green is a scoring machine, but can he be an all around player . Question can he improve his court sence, he terrible off the ball, he looked lost at time on the court and dosent know where too go for a good postion(should of went to college).

He does have the potential but needs to learn and gain more exprience first

4) Gomes is a workman, will that work ethic translate into productive minutes?  He was inconsistant at the celtics and i guess you should expect the same mainly cause he a tweener and depends on his postion and the player he is up against.

5) Telfair is a proven failure, and his coach is a proven failure, do two negatives make a positve?  Probably not he a shoot 1st pg, with a bad attitude and baggage. Plus he a shoot 1st pg who cant shoot well

6) Foye is a shoot first point guard... are there any shoot first point guards besides Gary Payton that have ever been superstars, and before you say Magic Johnson, break it down he was a pass 1st guy most of the time... he was just he greatest point guard in the history of the world past present and future. Can Foye become a traditional PG, or can he make it work as he is?  Arenas and AI are too shoot 1st pg's but ended up playin most the career at sg, foye needs to learn the role before he will become a success or he end up bein a small sg IE. Ben gordan type.

7) Can Ricky Davis get Chemotherapy and stop being the cancer that he has always been?  Probably not and hes on the trade block, as bein the most valuble piece on this team he wont be there for long.

Cool Will Mark Blount always have a fear of the rim, and learn to understand the words defense, and rebounding?  Nope but he will just be a jumpshooter who dosent rebound.

9) Will Marko Jaric see a psychiatrist, and start getting some testosterone shots? The guy is as depressed as Yakoff Smirnoff wasn't funny, and seems to be kind of a weak sister on the court.

Jaric has never fit in the t-wolves team he played well for the clippers but has struggled on every t-wolves team, either trade him or buy him out

10) Will Mark Madsen ever take his ADHD medicine so he doesn't look like Charlie Brown on crack on the court? Well energy helps a team

11) Corey Brewer can shut down an opposition's offense, but will does he have an offense, or is he a clean version of Bruce Bowen? He not as good as bowen on defence so far, but he can score but shootin a low percentage alot like artest.

12) How much bounce does Rashad McCants have after his surgery?
Well depends how well he healed, he could be the suprise player this year if he 100 percent.

13) Who in the heck is Greg Buckner? A good defender who can hit a 3 a poor man's bruce bowen.

14) What kind of minutes will Juwan Howard command, and at whose expense?
Howard should be released, he dosent want to be there and he too old to really be productive, he will probably take smiths,gomes and richards minutes

15) Chris Richard needs to die his hair, get some tattoos, and his lip pierced or he will never get an identity in the NBA... just like he didn't in college, and he needs to keep rebounding like a machine, but I'd put him in the D league to start. d-leaguer for life!

16) This leaves th team's only other guarenteed bonofied top flight player... the undersized Craig Smith who reminds me in a way of Charles Barkley. KG never won a ring, Barkley never won a ring... Hopefully Craig Smith doesn't continue the trend, but what chance does he have with Witless and McDouche running the show? He should get a chance as the front court depth isnt strong but it all depends if howard stays or not

17) With Randy Witless as the coach, will this team be the worst coach team in the history of the NBA, or just the worst coach team in the NBA this season? Nope my pistons are with your ex coach flip!!!

18) With Kevin McChump running this team like he's captaining the Titanic, does this team have any survivers after the iceberg, or will all the kids be leaving their sneakers at the bottom of the NBA ocean?  Well they wernt going anywhere with garnett he has his chance to rebuild with some good talent.

19) How in the world did Glen Taylor make any money outside of basketball? He can't run them like he runs this franchise can he?
he famous for makin wedding invations(well the taylor company is), well he is a useless owner because the lynx the wnba team suck too.

20) Will the badluck in next year's lottery keep them from drafting a real CENTER or a REAL POINT GUARD next year, or will it just be Kevin McHale's inability to do anything right that keeps them at the bottom of the NBA for 2008/2009 as well? probably be near the bottom, but you never know with a lottery
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 03:25:24 pm »

I have to diagree on a couple of things, but...one by one.

1. He can stay healthy if he plays 20 minutes per game. Should be enough with Big Al manning the C against faster and smaller lineups. Should be enought o leave Blount on the bench.

2. By himself, no. Even KG alone couldn't get this team over the hump. He needs help, as almost everyone not named Steve Nash. Here's hoping the rest of the team can help him.

3. Green is a streaky shooter, not a scoring machine. I doubt he can be an all-around player in the way...let's say the Matrix is. But if he becomes a good offensive player (like a Ricky Davis without his attitude) we should be very happy. He can score in every way possible.

4. I'm sure it will.

5. This is the thing I disagree the most. Telfair is not a proven faiulre. He was sloppy, true. Lots of things you say are unbfair, though. Horrible Assist-to-TO ratio? Lol, it was 1/0,44 last season, and he IMPROVED IT EVERY SEASON in the league. Another thing, he's a fast-paced PG, a much better one than Banks was for the Wolves. Just he played in a slooooow, muddy Portland style, and then he played in the Non-style Celtics. If he's used during running stretches of the game, he'll be productive. Does Wittman see it? That's another question.

6. If he tries too hard to become an old-school PG, he will fail. He should use his strenghts. Foye is often said to be a "poor man's Wade". Look at Wade, he often plays PG, and gets around 6-7 assists per game. Foye should just play his game, the assists will finally come along thanks to his stellar 1-on-1 play and strength. Remember how we beat Boston on a Davis buzzer-beater last season? Foye delivered the crucial assist to Davis, because he got past his guy.

7. No. Sadly.

8. Yes, he's too old to change. Plus, he already got overpaid, no need to improve these days. :roll:

9. His play is too chaotic to ever become reliable or good for long stretches.

10. No. Only skill he has is that inhuman hustle. SO he will always use it.

11. He has much more offensive talent than Bowen (only shoots threes) thanks to his athleticism. He's raw but I think he'll develop fast.

12. He'll be fine, only change I see for him is less dunks and more threes.

13. Greg Buckner is a defensive SG much like Hassell. Just he takes care of the ball better than Trent.

14. I guess around 7-10 mpg. AT the expense of Craig Smith (bad) and Mark Blount (good) and Chris Richard (dunno).

15. I think he should play at least for 3-4 months in the D-League, true. No need for any lame-*** piercings etc. He should try to be exceptional on the court, just as Mad Dog does. Just....in a better way than Mad Dog.

16. He learned a lot from KG and McHale, who was also a great PF. You could see his improvement during summer league. He's used properly, there is a chance for him. IMO Wittman made a good job by telling him to develop a mid-range shot.

17. It depends on the fact if Wittman will have any conflicts with veteran players. If not, they won't be that horrible.

18. McHale is done. He traded KG and now he should hand the wand to Freddie Hoiberg, for a fresh new start in every way.

19. He relied too much on McHale. Even at the end, he chose McHale over KG.

20. No, I don't think so. If the Wolves don;t get a top-3 pick, they might lose a shot at Derrick Rose, but Roy Hibbert should be available at around 5-6. He's the guy to look out for.

Oof.
EASTCOAST ASSASIN
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 04:08:14 pm »

as soon as we get some really good players we can make the playoffs

go to doyles because flarhety said so.
I'm on the Scola will make it to the all star game bandwagon.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 09:06:26 pm »

I think McCants can be a solid contributor, I think that Al Jefferson and Craig Smith command the 4 spot well.  Brewer and Green should be able to take care of the take care of the 3.  They say Foye is a the focus at the PG... I'm not convinced, but if he can handle that and with as crappy as their record is going to be this year...  I think that with about 15 million coming off the books this year, and another 15 million the following year they should be able to add 2-3 decent people through the draft, 1-3 decent people in free agency again... so who could say that things couldn't be great as soon as they get a real GM and a real coach!

Thanks,

BC Beneke
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 09:06:30 pm »

1) Very injury prone player. Won't stay healthy but if he does. I say around 15-20 min.

2) Isn't used to the role of being the franchise player but we have to give him time. Eventually the T'Wolves will be one of the best teams in the NBA (long time from now). Al will then be used to his role as the leader.

3) He's improving in every way. Turning into a complete player, give him time. Has to wrok on his inside game.

4) Yes, he's already going to start a few games and maybe be the everyday starter. He's very aggresive and bring toughness to the team.

5) I think Telfair won't get the minutes in Minny. He could be a good player if they give him time. I think he'll work well with this type of ball club. Nice and Young, quick.

6) Foye is a very good player. He can do it either way, the thing is...some games he's unselfish some games he isn't. Either way he's still a good player for the future.

7) Well he's gone now. So I guess thats one player we don't have to worry about.

Cool MArk Blount was good in Boston but in Minny he just didn't do well. He was a good rebounder before but now he isn't really good. O well, he's ogne lol.

9) No lol. Marko will most likley get traded soon. He's a player i'm surprised to be still with the team.

10) No, lol. Madsen is a high energy player though.

11) Not a good defender like Bowen but he can certainley devolp into a very good defender. He's quick and athletic and that can translate into being a good defender

12) I really like him as a player. Good shooter and yes he'll be fine. If 100 percent watch out, he could very well start at the point.

13) Good defender, use to play for the Mavs. Not the best offensive player but his defence is good. Minny traded him because they needed more defensive help and a veteran.

14) He's gone now but Howard would've had around 20 min. a game. He just didn't fit their style of play and wasn't a locker room prescence as they though he would be.

15) Let him start in the D-League see how he devolps and bring him up next season if they want to for a shot.

16) Not much of a chance and I don't see him winning a ring unless he goes to a contender right now. He's a good rebounder and he bangs inside a lot. I like him as a player but it all depends ... if he gets the minutes then i seem doing well in the style of play.

17) One of the worst if not...the worst. But yeah, coaching staff isn't good.

18) They have a very good future and a chance to win a ring. The future is very bright in Minny.

19) Useless. McHale is always with him in the end.

20) I say they get a decent Center out of the draft. A true PG is a possibility too. I say they get one soon.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 09:31:28 pm »

great answers.

I figure Doleac makes a great backup for the 5 spot, and Walker will probably start on the bench but I might have him start, and try and get him as many shots as possible early to try and get him the hell out of here by the trade deadline... some team will need a scorer, lol.  Some team always needs a scorer...  or hopefully some team will be desperate for a PG, and we can dump Jaric????

If this team could dump those two contracts I would say McHale has redeemed himself, and doesn't have to take a syanide pill at halftime of a Gopher's home game after manually taking down his retired jersey and apologizing to the state of minnesota for his ineptitude, but he's so lousy, he'd screw that up too.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: