Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proposed Trade with Portland  (Read 2477 times)
Benchwarmer
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: August 15, 2006, 09:17:23 am »

Given its need for a strong interior presence, I would love to see the Wiz go after Jamaal Maglorie who seems to be very expendable given the Blazers' surplus of big men.  There have been rumors since the Blazers picked up Maglorie that he may be trade bait for a team willing to also take on troublemaker Darius Miles.

How about the Wiz trading for a Maglorie-Miles combination in exchange for a package of Etan Thomas, Antonio Daniels, Jarvis Hayes and Calvin Booth?

The trade seems to work from a salary cap and luxury tax perspective.  And at least from my perspective, neither Thomas, Hayes or Booth have been significant contributors.  I also don't see them as making a consistent contribution in the future.

While the Wiz would miss Daniels, the potential contributions of Maglorie as a starter and possibly Miles as a starter or back up to Butler outweigh the loss of Daniels.

Moreover, through this trade, the Wiz actually obtain a little extra room under the luxury tax threshold that they could use to pick up a couple veterans at league minimum.  There should be a capable minimum wage back-up PG available late in the Free Agent period.

Benchwarmer
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:42:55 am »

Miles doesnt suit your system.. magloire does but
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 01:01:45 pm »

No, terrible idea.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Num1Wizfan
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:11:45 pm »

This is not going to happen, there is no way the wiz would do this.
Rashidi
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 03:03:09 am »

They need Daniels more than they need Miles terrible contract.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: