Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think will be the wolves next move?  (Read 3002 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: October 25, 2007, 08:54:31 am »

I am actually starting to get scared because this trade made perfect sense, you get rid of a center that is afraid of the basket, and a terminal cancer for a better contract, two players easily cut, and a 1st round pick.

Kevin McHale is the antichrist when it comes to running a team.  I only expect things to go very badly with him.  He is just terrible, but this trade either shows that a broken clock is right twice a day, or that Glen Taylor is allowing other people to really work in those brain trust meetings.

or is it that McHale did the deal because Walker use to play for the Celtics as well?

Either way we are now sitting with 18 players and have until Monday to get it to 15.

Edwards, Simeon and Doleac seems logical, but I would want to keep Doleac, and cut Jaric if you can buy him out for less what what he's owed.  Is that possible?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:23:20 am »

The deal totally makes sense from a rebuilding standpoint.  In fact all the deals so far sans Buckner have made complete sense.

Perhaps Freddy Hoiberg has his hands in the cookie jar.

You're right, Edwards, Simeon and Doleac are the logical candidates to get cut.  I think they should find a way to keep Doleac and Simeon.  They need big bodies.

A buy out of Jaric is very unlikely, his contract lasts until 2011 and no matter what will count against the cap until then... just like Troy Hudson's.

Hopefully some magic trade will rectify everything.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 12:20:08 pm »

They're going to cut Simien. He's a young PF, and we have lots of that. And he's injury prone.

I wish Doleac stayed, he's a hustle center who seems to be easy-going. Plus, Theo will have someone to play cards with him and Juwan. Grin But if they must, just cut him.

John Edwards is so obvious to be cut it probably hurts.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:40:42 pm »

now there is a 60 day trade hault on Walker correct?

If they cannot turn around and retrade him right away what is it that we are looking at another 2005-06 where there was a huge trade in the middle of the season crippling the team?  

I know this team is not going to have much for expectations, but if they are looking at trading Walker, trading Howard...  I really think that the team could be in such a constant flux with no direction, terrible management, a lousy coach, and so many kids that this season may stunt the growth of the Hometown Wolves.

All that being said, I feel like dancing in the streets that this team is Cancer free!  I repeat for the 4 millionth time, and least the 100th on here... I hate ricky davis, and I can only hope for Zo's sake that Ricky Davis doesn't ruin the Heat.  Zo is a stud.  The rest of em oh well, but "ding dong the witch is dead..."

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:45:35 pm »

Look at all of you Wolves fans that seclude yourselves from all the boring and annoying crap in the other forums here at Hoopshype. I love it.

Anyway, as far as the next move within the organization; WHO KNOWS!? I didn't even see this coming. It doesn't make a lot of sense for the Miami Heat, which is why I didn't see this coming. Now, for the next move possibilities; I really hope it involves getting someone young who doesn't get any PT on another team that has a lot of potential. Ex. Amir Johnson, Rodney Carney, Mardy Collins, Tarence Kinsey, ETC.

I think maybe getting a veteran PG would be in the Wolves' best interest, too. Speedy Claxton? Lindsey Hunter?

RIP Madawg
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 06:10:50 am »

Claxton is so injury prone that picking him up wouldn't help.  I like the Hunter idea.

The Ricky Davis Blount trade makes sense for Miami.  Zo and Shaq have serious injury history and are both getting up there in age.  Blount is the 3rd string center/PF now since all he wants to do is shoot jump shots, but he's there because Pat Riley hated Walker.  

Ricky Davis is there because he give them a 3rd offensive player, and someone who likes to jack up shots, and can play a little defense, and help out until Dwade is healthy.  

Plus Davis is off the books next year, Zo is off the books next year, Williams is off the book next year, and then the team can look at either Arenas or Artest.  So this team is going to get a slight benefit this year, but it's going to get an extra 4 million dollars in cap relief next season.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 03:36:27 pm »

if its about trading davis& blount for walker&doleac, well what i can say is that i never thought kevin mchale would be that stupid

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 04:00:31 pm »

buyout walker, if he can't trade him and howard

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 05:25:15 pm »

Seems they're reaching a buyout agreement with Juwan Howard. Edwards was already cut and Simien is supposed to be treated the same. So we're down at 15, and Jaric is still here.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 05:52:58 pm »

Are you sure it's a buyout?

I'd heard something about a deal with San Antonio?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 07:06:07 pm »

At least that's what the journalists say.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_7299505?nclick_check=1

http://www.startribune.com/wolves/story/1512479.html
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 11:53:58 pm »

I just read it.

That's too bad.  I mean it would have been nice to have him if he had his heart into it, and it would have been even better to trade him, but I wish him the very best as long as he doesn't go to the Celtics.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: