Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this the year?  (Read 7329 times)
LousyPacersFan
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: August 15, 2006, 11:40:55 am »

Pacers fans, after an extreme roster makeover, is this the year we finally go all the way?

Branflakz16
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:23:16 pm »

lol go all the way? How about worrying if you will be over .500 this year. Jasjhdaaeckch (the point guard) might go back to Europe. Lost Anthony Johnson. Lost Peja. O'Neal doesn't have the leadership to get them anywhere. And finally, I didnt see any huge rookie selections from Indiana. So no, this is not a year to be a Pacers fan.

**RAPTORS IN THE PLAYOFFS**
TheWhiteGuy
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 01:42:40 pm »

Quote from: "Branflakz16"
lol go all the way? How about worrying if you will be over .500 this year. Jasjhdaaeckch (the point guard) might go back to Europe. Lost Anthony Johnson. Lost Peja. O'Neal doesn't have the leadership to get them anywhere. And finally, I didnt see any huge rookie selections from Indiana. So no, this is not a year to be a Pacers fan.

Umm dude Shawne Williams freshman out of Memphis, gots mad talent and James White in the second round those are both pretty good picks.

LousyPacersFan
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 02:12:38 pm »

Yeah, and last time I checked they are about to get Al Harrington.  Add that to Marquis Daniels and Rawle Marshall, who will be a pretty good young player.  Not only this, but Granger will be developed and ready to start.  All this is added to JO, Tinsley, Sarunas, and Jackson.  Oh and by the way, Sarunas is not going to play overseas.

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 08:20:41 pm »

if you think about it its the same starting five as last year but harrington instead of artest..

sarunas will be much better this season after a tiring 82 game season.. he played 10 years in europe where you play once a week.. his form was great at the start of the year.. remember he made the rookie all star team..

daniels will be one of the offseason moves that went under the radar on effect but will have a big effect..

harrington doesnt get very injured or will ask for a trade soo we will at least have him and jackson playing most of the season..

i still think this team has a strong core of 10 players.. the key is Oneal slimming down and Tinsley staying healthy.. which he has been for a couple of months now..

note: you always play better when theres less pressure..
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 06:43:04 am »

Harrington is an adequate substitute for Artest. Although nobody is as intense as Artest, Harrington works hard and has talent.

A lot depends on Tinsley staying healthy.  If the team stays healthy, this is a slightly better team than we had a year ago.  It is a deeper and more athletic team.  Last year we were one of the favorites to make it to the finals.  

Since then Detroit has gotten weaker.  Unfortunately, Miami's mad experiment with Walker, Williams and Payton actually worked, so they will be tough to beat.

If the players stay healthy, they could get the second seed in the East and hope that the Miami chemistry disintegrates.  That could get the Pacers to the finals.  Then you have to deal with the Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio winner - good luck with that.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 01:14:57 am »

Quote from: "Millertime31"
Harrington is an adequate substitute for Artest. Although nobody is as intense as Artest, Harrington works hard and has talent.

A lot depends on Tinsley staying healthy.  If the team stays healthy, this is a slightly better team than we had a year ago.  It is a deeper and more athletic team.  Last year we were one of the favorites to make it to the finals.  

Since then Detroit has gotten weaker.  Unfortunately, Miami's mad experiment with Walker, Williams and Payton actually worked, so they will be tough to beat.

If the players stay healthy, they could get the second seed in the East and hope that the Miami chemistry disintegrates.  That could get the Pacers to the finals.  Then you have to deal with the Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio winner - good luck with that.

yeah and if we did make the finals..

i would want to be playing Miami more then most teams..

we have jackson/daniels/white who can gaurd wade..

and if we re-sign pollard we have foster/harrison/pollard/oneal too throw at shaq..

plus we where good against them last year..
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 06:06:21 am »

I don't want to play Miami.  Regardless of our speed, the refs made it clear in the series against Dallas that guarding Wade is an automatic foul.

Also, I thought Pollard was re-signing with Sacramento.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 04:31:36 pm »

pacers won't contend until they get o'neal to dominate and they come together and get a few ppl scoring in double figures

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 06:22:06 am »

tinsley
daniels
jackson
granger
harrington
oneal

can all avg double figures
legenderypete
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 08:31:38 am »

alot depends on the development of Granger he could be key if  the team makes the playoff's because i dont see them as strong as the artest team
Knicksfan81
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 01:36:55 am »

yall got a good squad this year.  Definatly contenders in the east

Die Hard Fan
Knicksfan81
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 01:38:40 am »

too bad you lost artest

Die Hard Fan
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 02:51:32 am »

yeh if only we had the SANE kings Artest.. instead of the INSANE indy Artest
hawksno1fan
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 06:20:28 am »

NO!! You guys didn't win without reggie, how come you guys are gonna win now. I don't think Al Harrington can bring what reggie did.

Atlanta Hawks are the best!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: