Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: will the twolves be able to move both?  (Voting closed: October 26, 2007, 07:51:27 pm)
yes - 5 (27.8%)
no - 13 (72.2%)
jaric only- he's young and can improve - 0 (0%)
toine only- he can still contribute and can help a team - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MINNY LOOKING TO MOVE WALKER AND JARIC  (Read 6580 times)
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 01:43:01 am »

they'll get moved. Charlotte could get Jaric as a backup PG. Cleveland maybe?

Walker is a good player. Well he WAS a good player. TIll' he got out of shape and put no effort. Who knows. New orleans? They neeed a backup SF.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=94~307~387&teams=16~16~30&te=&cash=
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=881~1767~376&teams=3~16~16&te=&cash=

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 06:04:16 am »

Jaric could start in Denver. He can shoot 3's, bring the ball up the court occasionally and defend. Najera (expiring 5 M) for Jaric.

As for Toine, pretty hard to think of any teams. Orlando could use a PF if Howard moves over to C (Battie out for the season).
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 09:38:45 am »

No one wants 'Toine.

As for Jaric - he might be useful for some, but not for so much money McHale signed him to. Only chance of getting rid of Jaric was by packaging him with someone valuable like Ricky Davis. But they did that with Blount.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 10:30:03 am »

Walker only has two years left because the 3rd year is a TEAM option, and no one will pay him 9-10 million at that point in time.

I love how everyone is just bashing Walker.  I would take him any day of the week over Ricky Davis.  Walker can be a pain in the ***, but he is hardly a team killer like Ricky Davis is.  

Has Walker single handedly caused a coach to be fired?  Has he ever walked off the court to abandon his team?  Has he ever shot at his own basket just to try and get a triple double?  

NO!  

The players that he's played with have loved him as a team member.  They get a little pissy about him taking too many 3's, but I really think that his attitude is a million times better than Ricky Davis.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I will need it proved.

As for Jaric.  I'd take any warm body in the NBA other than Speedy Claxton for Jaric.  I think he's the only point guard that is worse.  

The only hope the Wolves have is to take the cap hit, and buy him out if you can get him cheaper than his contract.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
legenderypete
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 09:45:00 am »

jaric in the right system can succed like he did with the clippers.
Gettin walker isnt that bad because i rather have 2 years of walker than 3 years of blount.

Walker can still contribute and he has more trade value
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:26 am »

I agree 100%

Thanks,

BC Beneke
arkadeb
Starter

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 05:46:30 pm »

Walker probably won't cause any disruptions in Minnesota as long as he does NOT take the ball away from Jefferson, Green, McCants

So I guess McHale made smart move to just lose Walker's contract in two years... I guess.

Sucks to be Antoine or Ricky Davis in this league - no one really wants you.  Miami... I'm feeling that getting Ricky Davis will not pay off dividends and everyone will see that within a month.   Maybe I'm wrong.
mavericksrule
Journeyman

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 08:37:37 pm »

The Timberwolves are looking to move 'Toine and Marko?  I'm glad they made everyone aware.  You wouldn't want a GM to miss grabbing those guys because of being unaware that they are available.  The problem though is that the only GM stupid enough to want those guys is Kevin McHale.  The two of them comprise 2 of the top 4 or 5 worst player contracts in the league.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »

All I know is that Walker is done in two years compared to Blount's 3, and he isn't nearly the cancer that Ricky Davis is... so if we keep him, we keep him...

McHale F'd the Timberwolves like they were Altar Boys with that Jaric trade, and contract.

There is no getting around that, but hopefully he gets injured, and they can at least write that money off as a write off, and insurance will flip the bill, and the Wolves can use half of the money to get another player in at some point...  

Besides in two years when Walker's contract option comes up, and he's dropped, then so is Hudson's Salary because the 3rd year was incentive based, and not guarenteed, and Buckner's contract is up, and so is Howard's contract... so we are looking at 15 million off next year, and 30 25 million off the following season.

Plus they will be so bad this year they are all but guarenteed a top 3 pick, and probably the year after as well...  plus they will get Boston's pick, and Miami's pick...  so they should be able to rebuild this team to be very good within 3 years.  That isn't so bad as long as Kevin McDouchebag is gone, and Randy Witless isn't coaching.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
EASTCOAST ASSASIN
Benchwarmer

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 10:05:35 am »

Antoine isnt good anymore too fat

go to doyles because flarhety said so.
I'm on the Scola will make it to the all star game bandwagon.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 06:05:16 pm »

Quote from: "EASTCOAST ASSASIN"
Antoine isnt good anymore too fat

making him more inathletic

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 09:58:53 pm »

I would still take Walker over Davis and Blount.

Davis is a cancer that will kill any team morale, and he will jack up shot after shot after shot, and forget that Shaq, Zo, or anyone else exists.

Blount is the yellowest center in the NBA... the man is F'ing afraid to go into the paint.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 12:44:43 am »

Wow, Walker doesn't even play! No wonder why Riley wanted him gone.

RIP Madawg
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 06:04:23 am »

Wittman tried to insert him into the game, but all he heard was "Not now... *munch munch* Still eatin', Witt!" so he gave up on it.

Bah, yesterday against the Knicks...'Toine took only one shot. Did it have to be the possible tying 3-pointer? -__- No need in asking "why did they lose?".
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 03:42:26 pm »

I don't think they can get it done this year. But depending on how Foye does when he gets back, and if they try and get a true PG in the draft, they could try to package McCants/Foye and Smith with Jaric to try and entice a team.

I think Walker will be a Wolf till the team option kicks in, unfortunately.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: