Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: will the twolves be able to move both?  (Voting closed: October 26, 2007, 07:51:27 pm)
yes - 5 (27.8%)
no - 13 (72.2%)
jaric only- he's young and can improve - 0 (0%)
toine only- he can still contribute and can help a team - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MINNY LOOKING TO MOVE WALKER AND JARIC  (Read 6582 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 10:05:41 pm »

Nothing unfortunate about having Walker here.  Even if he never plays well, he is still better than having Ricky Davis or Mark Blount on the team.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 12:11:16 pm »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"
Nothing unfortunate about having Walker here.  Even if he never plays well, he is still better than having Ricky Davis or Mark Blount on the team.
It's just unfortunate that we can't free up some more money. We will be stuck with him, while most likely letting one of our young prospects go. Gerald Green for instance.

Ricky for sure would have eaten some of the minutes from these young guys, but I'm not on the Mark Blount hate train. A little over priced for what he does, but on the right team I think he could be a solid 3rd scoring option. He showed flashes last year.
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 01:31:19 pm »

I'm fine with Walker being around as long as he keeps his mouth shut and his minutes down.  As far as the cap they're better off with Walker than Blount and Davis... sure Davis came off at the end of the year but Blount was on for 3 more.

Right now, they're still over the salary cap... next year they will be just a bit above the cap and the year after that they'll be well below the cap.  

Even after that they're still paying for Jaric and Hudson for years to come, blech.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 01:47:46 pm »

I see the Wolves with five 1st round draft picks in the next 3 years to go along with the young talent they have now.

Give up on Gerald Green?  Teach the kid how to read, write, and play some defense, and he would get minutes, he has a lot of talent, but he's a box of rocks man...

Telfair if he plays well this year will ear the opportunity to get paid here or somewhere else same as Green, but with 2-3-4 players being a dime a dozen in the draft I just don't see the big deal with Green right now...  maybe I will curse myself for that at the end of the year when he can sign somewhere else for 10 million a season, but doubtful.

I see the wolves being in great shape in two years.  Wittman will be gone because he sucks, McHale has a good shot at being gone, and that's like 15 wins added to the team just having those two F'ing morons gone!

Jaric will be in the last year of his trade so he will suddenly have value as a cap friendly player, Jefferson, Foye, McCants, Gomes, Smith, and 3-5 1st round draft picks by then...  

Add  Hibbert next year, and maybe another center the year after that, or a PG if Foye is a flop... or a SG if McCants or Brewer can't be counted on as starters...  however you handle it after that...

Hibbert
Jefferson/Smith
Brewer/Gomes
McCants/
Foye

That's a pretty solid core.  Not quite the Chicago Bulls, but it's not bad.  Add AJ Mayo to the team instead of Hibbert, and you might be able to make the playoffs next season.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 02:52:46 pm »

Granted were all just going off of hype but.... Mayo?

All I hear about this kid is that he's another self absorbed brat.  Trust me, we don't need a player like that and he doesn't want to be in Minnesota.  What happend the last time a small market team like Minnesota had a young player like that?  He forced a trade.

Me?  At this point, I'm all about Hibbert.  But ROSE man.  I saw this kid play in his first game Vs Tennesee.  Dear god... if he plays like that the rest of the year, you take him over Hibbert in a hearbeat (that is unless Hibbert evolves into something truly special this year).

It'd be great if they could pull a Seattle/Portland and draft them both.  I'm gung-ho about Foye, but you can't pass up a dynamic player like that.  Plus I'm sure Foye would love to make the switch to SG.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: