Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rasheed Wallace claims NBA is fake  (Read 17232 times)
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +355

« on: October 27, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »

It may have only been the end of the exhibition season, but Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was in mid-season form.

"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.

"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Rasheed-says-NBA-quot-wanted-Cavs-LeBron-in-?urn=nba,51022
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

since when was wwf real?

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:37:27 PM »

e actually ment about players bein promoted by the company and lebron travellin he did complain about in the playoffs.
Pistol55
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 09:44:35 PM »

I agree with Sheed. The nba is getting more and more about entertainment. Which is probably why when Team USA plays countries that actually play"REAL" basketball, they lose. The nba only cares about making money and ratings make you money. And having King James in the finals is definalty good for ratings.... Its refreshing to see pro althletes speak their minds. Now the nba isnt fake, but it sure isnt as competive as it used to be or the Euroleague. Seems like the the superstars are isolated to get every single call. It just isnt realistic anymore.

Oh and lets not forget that the refs didnt even get punished for fixing the games... Stern is just asking for people to do worse things because now they will think they can away with it.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1029

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »

The finals had bad ratings for a reason- Cavs-Spurs come on. NBA Is still good.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
legend33
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 10:03:24 PM »

All I'm gonna say is -

He ain't wrong.
LKdude
Global Moderator
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly with him.  For the past few seasons, the NBA has been seemingly FIXED.  And before you judge me on that, just think about it.  Particularly the playoffs.  The Spurs-Suns series of 2007 and the Heat-Mavs series of 2006 are just two noticeable series which have been blatantly one-sided by the referees and perhaps the league.  Tim Donaghy and his fellow COMRADES are ruining the game of the NBA.
Shard
Starter

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »

Quote from: "LKdude"
I agree wholeheartedly with him.  For the past few seasons, the NBA has been seemingly FIXED.  And before you judge me on that, just think about it.  Particularly the playoffs.  The Spurs-Suns series of 2007 and the Heat-Mavs series of 2006 are just two noticeable series which have been blatantly one-sided by the referees and perhaps the league.  Tim Donaghy and his fellow COMRADES are ruining the game of the NBA.

me too, that PHX-SA series was so disgusting, i didnt even watch anything after game 6.

Comrades? Lk?

Quote from: "LKdude"
I don't think the Bucks will be approaching the playoffs soon.  

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Washington, Toronto and Miami won't be better than the Bulls next season.  
legend33
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 11:02:27 PM »

I don't know about "fixed" dude.   That's pretty paranoid.

But let's just say from the top down, they are def. nudging certain teams and certain stars into place.

Example - Lebron scoring however the *** much it was against Detroit.  

Are you seriously telling me that, shooting bricks the way he was, that the Pistons, THE PISTONS, couldn't curb his ***?

:roll:

10 years ago, his *** would have been eating hardwood.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »

I wanna agree with 'Sheed but I SURE the NBA would have wanted the Suns in the finals, and therefore would have never suspended Amare and Boris for game 5.
service2002
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »

Stern suspended Diaw and Amare because there are rules...yet he doesn't punish the refs who broke rules because those rules are not good rules...
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 01:16:44 AM »

Sheed has a point about the NBA and the refs, but the fact is that the Cavs were a better team. The Pistons O was stagnant, they couldnt dominate the boards to make up for it, and their D has been progressively getting worse thanks to age and Flip Saunders, not to mention Chris Webber being added to the starting lineup.

The way the series played out, except for the Cavs winning 1 game sooner than I thought, didnt surprise me at all. And the Cavs could have taken both of the first 2 games early in Detroit. Sheed is making excuses.

Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 06:06:28 AM »

haha oh hindsight how we worship thee. no-one seriously thought about match fixing before the donaghy thing came out.

Basically, Sheed is a very immature man and thats his way of dealing with defeat. Not classy.

And what, the nba was never marketed before? get out of here! that must be why they rigged the houston series, so their biggest asian icon would go crashing out. god i hate you guys lol

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 06:39:04 AM »

boozer manhandled yao. i think it was the least rigged series if it was at all. then utah beat the team that beat the 65-win team so theyre not that bad

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
EASTCOAST ASSASIN
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 08:10:53 AM »

i kinda agree with sheed

go to doyles because flarhety said so.
I'm on the Scola will make it to the all star game bandwagon.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: