Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taylor Interview  (Read 1938 times)
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« on: October 29, 2007, 04:55:55 am »

Part 1, about why he sticks with McHale;
http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_7301055

Part 2 (more interesting) about what was the problem with the team last year;
http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_7308142

So this is what I think. Taylor is too soft, and too naive. Casey was too soft as a coach, ok. But you don;t hire and extend a guy in place for him just because he's "not as soft". Ok, true. Wittman has that perk, he's harsh and doesn't let any nonsense... but is he a coach good enough to make this bunch of players a team?

Actually, I saw it coming. Taylor finally lashing out on the old players, to show his end of the story. I'm glad Hassell, Davis, James, Hudson are gone. All of them were OK players when healthy, some of them very good (Davis, James) but if there's an attitude problem with them - throw 'em out.

I have to say, when reading the interview it all started to fit a little. That Hassell and KG didn't like Mike James and showed that on the floor was quite obvious last year. Why didn't KG set his awesome pick'n'roll for Mike James? He only did it for Foye. Tongue Oh well.

All in all, hopefully Taylor sees that there is one change to be made still. Letting go McHale.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:20:26 am »

Letting him go...

Two words.  Jimmy Hoffa.

Taylor needs to seriously think about it...  I think it would make the world a better place.

ok, so I kid a little too strongly, but god what a waste of air McHale has turned out to be.  

I did a message on here, and a blog on one of my pages where I came up with 20 and 45 reasons respectively as to why Kevin McHale is the worst GM in professional sports.  Not just the NBA.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:43:16 am »

What a great article.

If all that Taylor says is true, then an overhaul was inevitable.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 11:08:43 am »

I think not all is true, I mean he basically put everything on the players and former coaches leaving him and McHale almost "not guilty". That's not true either, but it at least gives a better look at what really was going on.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 11:25:31 am »

I think that Glen Taylor has at the very least a man crush on Kevin McDouchebag.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:20 am »

He left out a lot too.  I see no mention of Joe Smith.  So while what he said might ring true, there was probably a lot left unsaid.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:29:36 am »

What he said, and what he left out (of what we all have living proof of) shows Glen Taylor as a lousy owner that refuses to see himself as one of the main reasons why this team has gone to expansion 2.0 mode.

If Basketball were a religion I woud demand that Taylor and McHale quit getting wasted, and get stoned... and I want the biggest rock!

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: