Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howard Contract Buy Out  (Read 1718 times)
arkadeb
Starter

Respect: 0

« on: October 28, 2007, 02:36:56 pm »

So Howard's buy out opens up the roster a little.  But I think Antoine Walker would have been a much better person to jettison.  

Howard would have still been dependable and professional even though he asked for a trade.  

But Antoine Walker... I don't know how easily he'll slip into a supporting role to let the young guys develop.  

If I was Wolves fan, I would have made it a point to acquire Antoine Walker just to buy him out or trade him.

Al jefferson does not need an offensive minded power forward to usurp his minutes.  He just needed old reliable - Juwan howard.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 04:28:10 pm »

im happy for juwan howard, who ended up on an unfortunate end of a series of trades, at least now he controls his own destiny

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:31 pm »

Antoine Walker said all the right things when it came to his first day here in Minnesota, and I as a Wolves fan will respect him, and give him the benefit of the doubt because of how he has handled this situation.

I would have bought out Jaric's contract if I were the Owner, but if I was the owner Jaric would have never happened...

I wish Howard the very best as long as he doesn't go to Boston.  I want to see  KG get his 23-11-5 a game and be the best player in the East, but I want to see his team win about 35 games just because I'm sick to death of Boston, and I have always hated the Celtics.  I grew up a Lakers fan.  I don't like them anymore because of Kobe, but after seeing what McHale the former Celtic has done to this team, and how he has done it consistantly with the Celtics...  I only wish them the very worst as an organization...  KG is a GOD, and I wish him the best again, but I want to see Danny Ainge and Kevin McChump fired for the horrible job, and the horrible conspiracy to deface the Wolves over the last 3 years.  

Howard is a Classy guy, so if he goes to the Celts I will wish him the best as well, but I still will be hoping they lose every game this season.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
arkadeb
Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:37:45 am »

If Howard goes to the Celts - I figure he'll fit in as a backup.

But they probably want to have a defender/bruiser to play the 4/5 spot next to KG rather than a jump shooting big man (Howard).  

I'd go small a lot to, if I were the Celts.  I'd go small whichever team I had.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: