Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ben Wallace  (Read 7196 times)
bulls12345678
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: August 16, 2006, 12:57:17 pm »

I have read posts from Piston fans and it looks like theyare sour about Ben Wallace.. Pistons didn't even get a Draft Pick,Money,Or Player.. Yes Ben Wallace is 32 but he still is the most dominant Defensive player in the league and if there is a better defensive player in the league post here

Branflakz16
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 07:50:37 am »

Ha. Ha. Ha. Maybe if you didn't keep the same team for 4 years, he would have stayed.

**RAPTORS IN THE PLAYOFFS**
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:13:59 am »

It not that big of deal he left, he didnt fit into flip saunders offence, also he was better in the championship season he is slowin down slightly , and he gettin no younger. So it not that bad he left
KOBEwasCHEATED>05-06MV
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 04:54:46 pm »

detroit wont be the same
i wished this would have happened in 03-04 then the lakers(shaq&kobe) would have had a 4 championship together and malone would have a ring.

yeah Kobe isnt Jordan but Micheal isnt Bryant

Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 11:59:22 am »

Ben Wallace is great fighter but average basketball player! He works hard and I respect him a lot! But he has limited offensive skills and since it was time to move on he was just to expensive for Pistons!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 05:25:38 am »

I've seen enough sour Detroit fans to understand that this is a big loss for Detroit. However, they still have four great players starting for them and will still be a huge power in the east. Rather they can pull it out or not still remains to be seen, but as a Bulls fan I still hold a respectful fear for the Pistons, despite the loss of their heart and soul, however, ALL of them would've done the same thing Ben did, despite what they say. They can all say no now, but how many of them have had an extra $14 million put in front of their face? Any of them who say they would've stayed are eitheir dilusional or complete liars.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
SunsRock101
Star

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 12:07:52 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
It not that big of deal he left, he didnt fit into flip saunders offence, also he was better in the championship season he is slowin down slightly , and he gettin no younger. So it not that bad he left

so almost 2 blocks and 2 steals, 11+rebounds a game won't be missed? :lol:

I don't listen to critics. So you can keep doubting me, but I don't hear you.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 12:55:51 am »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
I've seen enough sour Detroit fans to understand that this is a big loss for Detroit. However, they still have four great players starting for them and will still be a huge power in the east. Rather they can pull it out or not still remains to be seen, but as a Bulls fan I still hold a respectful fear for the Pistons, despite the loss of their heart and soul, however, ALL of them would've done the same thing Ben did, despite what they say. They can all say no now, but how many of them have had an extra $14 million put in front of their face? Any of them who say they would've stayed are eitheir dilusional or complete liars.

i completely agree, especially on the part of the pistons still being very good

legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:28:55 am »

Quote from: "SunsRock101"

A player who shot worse free throws than shaq so he cant be in the end of the game when we would need him because they just foul him all the time. A player who only offence is put backs and dunk's and hasnt got good hands and a bad passer. Nazr can get 10 rebounds that all we need him for he used to rebound well for the spurs and we have a good enough starters. Ben is past his best when we won the Championship was his best year and he is in decline.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:32:20 am »

Nazr won't keep up the same play once the regular season starts. At best he'll be 10-8, and he isn't a great free throw shooter either.

The Pistons are still going to miss the 2 steals, 2+ blocks, 12 rebounds, etc. You can harp on his weaknesses all you want, but the bottom line is that his strengths are above and beyond outweighing them, it isn't even close.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Maia®
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 06:19:17 am »

Quote from: "SunsRock101"

A player who shot worse free throws than shaq so he cant be in the end of the game when we would need him because they just foul him all the time. A player who only offence is put backs and dunk's and hasnt got good hands and a bad passer. Nazr can get 10 rebounds that all we need him for he used to rebound well for the spurs and we have a good enough starters. Ben is past his best when we won the Championship was his best year and he is in decline.

Rember Dennis Rodman. He was also a bad free throw shooter, unable to score but putbacks and open court dunks.
Without him the Bulls wouldn't have won their championships 4-6. And without Big Ben Detroit wouldn't have won their last championship, and now they won't win a second in the near future.
Ayokolomo
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:47 am »

Yes Detroit will be "Fine"

We will make the playoffs.  Have a 45 - 50 win season.  But we are no longer Championship contenders.  That is what we lost.
faberg2008
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 02:38:45 pm »

Quote from: "Ayokolomo"
Yes Detroit will be "Fine"

We will make the playoffs.  Have a 45 - 50 win season.  But we are no longer Championship contenders.  That is what we lost.

Yea, it's true. They're no longer championship contenders when you take out the starting five last year. Sad

Big C
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 01:24:33 pm »

The bottline is I think Ben is overrated. I expect him to get exposed this year.

legenderypete
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 02:12:26 pm »

i agree with big c , he is the best help defender in the league but not the best against guardin on his own. Nazr will add an offensive element and he is a good rebounder, just slower than big ben.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: