Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Arenas is showing us here how players are overrated  (Read 6730 times)
controlledchaos
Star

Respect: +15

« on: November 02, 2007, 03:21:23 pm »

"I'm not even going to lie, I'm not going to put words in his mouth,'' Arenas said. "But he told me in training camp, 'Man, I want to come back.' The first training camp he was there. It's not [because of] LeBron's game; it's the offense he's in. He's not in that offense that used to be when they had Ricky Davis, Darius Miles -- oh my God they were flying. Now they're more a half-court, set-up team, so when [James] tries to play his game, it looks more dominating than it's supposed to look.''
Because he's an impending free agent, I asked Arenas how he would feel about playing with Bryant on the Lakers next year.[/i]
"If he adapted his game to my style, then it would be a great fit,'' Arenas said, "because he's going to get his 45 shots but the game is going to be fast. So if he can play this style, we're going to go up and down and you're going to get your 45 or whatever shots you need to keep you happy, but everybody else is going to get an equal opportunity too.

"It's so funny that no one ever realizes that about my game, that I've played with two players that averaged [close to] 20 points, and they're never complaining. Because if you think about it, if someone said, 'Would you play with Gilbert?' they would be thinking about it like, 'Oh, I don't know, he's shoot-first.' And then when you actually sit down and look at it, it's like, 'Damn.'

"They're not paying attention to the game. They're looking at the stat sheet and saying, 'He's a shoot-first point guard. He's a selfish type of point guard, he's a reckless type of point guard.' OK, I understand, but you name your top five scorers, the best players in this league, and then give me two other players on that team that are dominating like the two players I have on my team. That's how you judge somebody. You guys are saying all these great stars are making other players better, and you guys are not mentioning me. And you think about everybody who's played with me.

"D-Wade had Caron [with the Heat in 2003-04]. Kobe had Caron [with the Lakers in 2004-05]. I have Caron. What's the difference?''

Butler never averaged more than 15.5 points before he came to Washington.

"LeBron has Larry Hughes. I had Larry Hughes. What's the difference?
"

I love what Arenas is saying here and it makes sense. Butler and hughes played with other cartoon superstars like wade, lebron and kobe(who is not a cartoon superstar), but none of them played all star ball, unlike playing with arenas.

Arenas also said that the Cavs has a special half court offense setup especially for LBJ for him too take his shots and look better and domineering that he truly is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/11/02/arenas/1.html

Super_Bosh
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:30:26 pm »

i can see what u mean in this case.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 03:42:39 pm »

lol Arenas is being really arrogant. It didn't occur to him that Butler might have worked on his game and didn't fit into the triangle offense or that Hughes was motivated only because it was a contract year? Arenas doesn't make his teammates better more so than Lebron.
thefireonthecourt
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 04:13:16 pm »

Arenas is like the Kanye West of the NBA
rock tha house2
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 04:30:57 pm »

i'm just saying that if all those players didn't play with gilZero they would of come and played with NASH. Cool

My true team tha hawks.
Want a RKO
Here you are.
IlovePPierce
MVP

Respect: +14

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 04:41:46 pm »

Quote from: "thefireonthecourt"

Explain, if you've a mind.

Here Arenas is showing why he's so stinking cool!
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 04:45:04 pm »

Gilbert relizes that it the system eddie jordan plays what makes him look so good??? caron isnt that good i admit but in the system that jordan plays he looks great same with hughes when he is there.

Any guard with a bit of talent can flourish in jordans system just the bigs tend to struggle
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 04:48:18 pm »

Quote from: "IlovePPierce"

Explain, if you've a mind!
Full of himself. Don't know why you need that explained. I like Arenas' quirkyness but these comments are stupid.
Shard
Starter

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 05:43:09 pm »

Nice comparison

and Kobe is the Jay-Z?

I like Arenas let him speak his mind. He wont get shut down by the cavs or lakers or heat, maybe blazers tho.

Quote from: "LKdude"
I don't think the Bucks will be approaching the playoffs soon.  

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Washington, Toronto and Miami won't be better than the Bulls next season.  
JSouth#23
Star

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 12:00:29 am »

i think it's more about the offensive system that a team is in. wizards have a very good offensive system, it's not that Arenas is making them play better, but the coach.
fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 02:29:45 am »

kobe is more like eminem because many hate him and he still bring out his best regardless

legenderypete
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 07:56:53 am »

Quote from: "fawaz24"
kobe is more like eminem because many hate him and he still bring out his best regardless

kobe is popular because he is white and has big media hype cause of it, even tho his talent isnt that great?
fawaz24
Starter

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 08:47:36 am »

are u serious that eminem isnt that great... oh u must be wrong he would kill anyone who steps on his line

BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 09:21:58 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
Quote from: "fawaz24"

kobe is popular because he is white and has big media hype cause of it, even tho his talent isnt that great?

Yeah Steve Nash is more like the Eminem of the NBA. I disagree on the talent part, but the talent both of them have gets way overrated.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 09:26:15 am »

I really like Arenas, I really do but now he is getting  a bit arrogant. Although he does make good points.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: