Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Larry Bird and the Pacers have proven us wrong so far  (Read 7634 times)
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 10:42:24 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Quote from: "Bradleiu"
I dont expect Dunleavy to keep it up, fantasy owners keep away! Granger is a stud though MIP candidate

download some pacers games... dunleavy has that confidence back.

lol what confidence did he ever have
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 10:44:41 pm »

not really.. he hasnt done anything yet.

Its jamaal tinsley that will make or break us... if he goes down.. Deiner or Marquis has to start at pg.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 10:45:33 pm »

Quote from: "gogo2disco"
Quote from: "Bradleiu"
I dont expect Dunleavy to keep it up, fantasy owners keep away! Granger is a stud though MIP candidate

download some pacers games... dunleavy has that confidence back.

lol what confidence did he ever have

duke days Tongue
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 11:47:48 pm »

I am stunned but i have to hate a little here they did win againest some bad defensive teams .

If they keep this up i will be more stunned then i am now i thought they where going down in flames after hiring the new coach . I didnt think he would ever go away from the old Celtics system .
mavericksrule
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 12:12:18 am »

not really.. he hasnt done anything yet.

Its jamaal tinsley that will make or break us... if he goes down.. Deiner or Marquis has to start at pg.

Two good points.  Diener or whatever his name is may have potential, but right now he's un-startable for a winning team.  And Tinsley isn't the most durable guy in the league, he gets a lot of injuries he plays with in addition to games he misses.  

And yes, the Pacers haven't done anymore than dominate the pre-season.  

But I will say this much, I laughed out loud at Bird or Walsh one, when I heard the statement that Dunleavy was young still and would improve a lot soon.  Dunleavy??  Are you kidding me???  From Pre-season to the present he's gone ape and is 2nd in the Most Improved race, behind Danny Granger, another Pacer gone ape this year.
BATMON
Journeyman

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 10:58:43 am »

As a Pacer fan, the jury is still out.

They are winning w/out O'Neal dominating the Ball which is good.

OBrian has opened the offense up and theyre shooting WAY more threes.

But continue the Sleep - I want it that way while the usual East Favorites come out of the gate looking silly.
mavericksrule
Journeyman

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 01:02:05 pm »

I honestly could see any of the 15 playoff teams making or missing the playoffs.  I doubt seriously that the Pistons would miss with all their depth, but beyond that it's never been so close.  It would really be great if ESPN's consensus number fifteen ended up being number one.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 09:52:33 pm »

Just remember the Sixers last year.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
jtan08
Journeyman

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 12:40:22 am »

Pacers are really teriffic! They become very underated this season!
6-2 in preseson
3-0 regular season! looking to have 4-0 in conseco against injury team clippers!
Granger, Dunleavy, and Tinsley play very good!
The scary things for other teams is that JO still not playing the way he suppose to be!!
I remember somebody posted that the pacers will start 0-4, what? look at them!
jtan08
Journeyman

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 12:44:22 am »

Quote from: "mohammad_baller_tmac"
i think mike dunleavy is looking more of a fantasy-steal.

I picked him late in a 25 league team. I'm a lucky guy lol.

I got JO,Granger,and Dunleavy on my fantasy team! Im biased because im a pacers fun, but im winning now! hehehe What a stat for granger and dunleavy!
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 04:04:12 am »

granger is the real deal, if they can stay healthy they can fight for a playoff spot or in best case scenario get to the 5th or 6th spot, granted cleveland plays horrible

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 04:49:08 am »

3 teams should finish higher Boston Detriot Chicago.

-Chicago has struggled of late inside the paint.. with BWallace really struggling.

-Toronto's depth and Bargs improvement is going to keep them compettive all year.. and into the playoffs

-New Jersey will put it together later by a couple months.. when kristic gets bac to full health... they will get in the playoffs.

Outside of those 5. Miami(offence/defence), Wizards(depth/defence), Cavs(guards/energy) all have problems.

Young teams like Orlando, Bucks, Bobcats, Atlanta can put it together and do something.

I dont think Knicks or 76ers have much of  chance.

Pacers kinda of fall into no area.. not really young... not proven.. but there kinda an older version of raptors... who if coached properly can surprise.
BATMON
Journeyman

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 12:19:32 pm »

Im curious to see how the pacers bench develops.

The starting five is fine, but cats like......

Travis Deiner - Backup point G
Shauwne Williams - Backup Swingman how was shooting the ball well during the Preseason.

If Dunleavy can "revive" his game what about Troy Dunleavy...He and a healthy O'Neal is potentially a serious threat.

Harrison still hasnt grown into his game.

The real sleeper is DIOGU. If dude can rebound for the second unit and provide consitant Post Defense....whoa.

Andre Owens & Stephen Graham - i dont know much about.

And what the hell has happened to Marquis Daniels??? Dude's game is Milk Carton.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 08:35:03 pm »

Marquis Daniels has been good, not scoring but creating.

Kareem Rushs shooting is big because we where the worst shooting team last season.

Travis Diener
Marquis Daniels
Karem Rush
Shawme Williams
Ike Diogu
Jeff Foster
David Harrison

thats a better bench then 20 teams.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 08:39:58 pm »

in our previous threads, we said indiana is going to s*ck.. buck heck, granger is a monster..
but they are doing good, SO FAR.. we can never tell if they are just doing good today.. perhaps the other teams just underestimated them that's why they had been winning..
if this streak continues, will JO still demand a trade?
aside from them, atlanta and charlotte are doing good..
the easter conference really makes me crazy.. who will make the playoffs and who will not.. (that excludes miami of course.. unless penny and shaq become 25 years old again)

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: