Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What can the Wolves do?  (Read 6710 times)
a-dre
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 04:50:59 am »

their back court actually looks pretty good with Foye, James and McCants. they need better frontcourt play outside of Garnett. They can probably make the playoffs, but i doubt they can get out of the first round.
Freaky Deaky
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 02:46:34 am »

I don't like James or Foye much usually, but on this team they might just be the perfect adds.  James is a shoot first guy, and Foye looks in the mold of the Francis/Stackhouse types who are individuals, rather then team players.  But maybe that is what Garnett needs, loose cannon scorers for him to pass to, taking off the endless pressure he faces.  

Their microscopic hopes depend on James fitting right in, Foye being rookie of the year, Garnett staying healthy, and additional luck in the form of a sudden consistency in play by Eddie Griffin, the one guy on their team who has locked up greatness that may or may not see the light of day.  

If they aren't above .500 by mid December, I'd give KG an XMAS present:  a free plane ticket to a new city, new team and new GM.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 06:29:52 am »

trade kg for 7 year proven vets since they dont want to start from scratch

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 05:59:34 pm »

I didn't read anything except for Kingdomecomes comment.

That comment wasn't very good.

In fact, worst comment I've ever heard.

I would kick you off if I had the chance.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
nikevision
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 04:35:56 pm »

I think the 'Wolves should start all over again . KG gets the bulk of the salary . It would be nice to get 3 young players for KG .Ii can be draft picks or 1st year players.

www.laftortv.blogspot.com   new 12.26

x

LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 10:38:54 pm »

Quote from: "nikevision"
I think the 'Wolves should start all over again . KG gets the bulk of the salary . It would be nice to get 3 young players for KG .Ii can be draft picks or 1st year players.

www.laftortv.blogspot.com   new 12.26

x

Yeah, they should trade KG to a title contender (perhaps the Bulls) for 3 players (like maybe Nocioni, PJ Brown, and Duhon).
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »

Firing McHale would be a nice and obvious start.  

There might be some tweaks worth pursuing, but the sad truth of it all is that KG's value outweighs greatly the chances of them managing to work a deal to help him.  I would likely move KG for as many picks as I could.  

If I decided to go for it and improve his supporting cast, I would use Foye as bait.  Here's a trade that might work.

To Seattle:
Foye
McCants
Jaric
Griffin
Reed

To Minnesota:
Allen
Petro

I think Foye could end up being a Ricky Davis type and would be willing to trade him while he's still full of promise and value.  McCants also has some value still since injuries have held him back from whatever possible improvement he might make.  Griffin's contract is expiring, Reed's is small and expired next season, and Jaric is the guy being unloaded in the process.  

I think Seattle would take this deal because they are flush at the 5 making Petro expendable and Ray Allen is holding them back from rebuilding if that is their intention.  Sure Jaric's contract sucks, but they lose some salary over the next two years with Griffin and Reed.  The question is whether or not Seattle sees Foye and McCants worthy of taking on the Jaric contract and sacrificing their most valuable trade piece arguably.  

Assuming Seattle agrees, Petro would give them desperately needed help at center while Allen would give Garnett a lethal scoring threat and co-star to support him.  With James at the point and Ricky Davis coming off the bench, the Wolves would be able to really spread the ball around and take the intense pressure off of Garnett for the first time in 3 seasons.  They make their run over the next 2 or 3 years, pass through the drafts that they will be missing picks in, and then they can start over from scratch.
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 03:14:01 am »

I think a Foye + Jaric + Griffin for Ray Allen might be an option for them.  McHale's best bet is to dangle the still full of poetential and value Foye out there in hopes of finding a deal that improves his team.  I like the possibility of Allen because he would give Garnett the offensive relief he needs, and Allen's departure from Seattle makes a lot of sense right now, thus lowering his value a bit.  

I also think Maglore would be a wise addition for them, if Portland offers him at a low enough price.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: