Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Randy Foye says he's pain free...  (Read 4647 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: November 06, 2007, 11:03:55 pm »

This is a good sign that we'll be able to see him play, and as a 4th quarter player... he might actually be able to provide the wolves with some wins...

Wait, do we want wins, or do we want Rose, Mayo, or Hibbert?  

This team worries me, without any really bad attitudes, and so many young people on the team, they are playing a lot better than I ever expected them to do, and with Jefferson not raping them with a max contract demand... this is pretty awesome... they may have potential.

What do you think?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 02:14:55 am »

They don't have any 4th quarter players, yet. They've proven to have fire power, but miss a lot of what KG brought to them with his mental toughness and will to win. They need to find that person who will hold this team accountable. Do work!!

RIP Madawg
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 08:01:22 am »

exactly my point.  

That is the one thing that Foye brings to the table night in and night out... he has no fear, and will rise to the occasion or at least try.

That is why they use to call KG the shrinking Violet around here...  he was not a 4th quarter player.  He would play a million % throughout the game, and the defense would tighten around him, and he would just almsot disappear the last 3-4 minutes of games.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:37:22 am »

I don't know if I would call Foye a clutch player yet. The commentators hype him as such, but we will find out this season.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 12:28:36 pm »

yeah, clutch means making the shots...

however to his credit, he has the fortitude to take the shots... which KG was pretty famous for not doing...  

The ball 12 ft from the rim, and he could pump fake and take it to the hole, but he never did, he always took that fade away jump shot, and too many dreams rimmed out.  You won't hear me ever say anything else about KG on a negative level... it was his only fault... He needed that guy to be willing to drop the bomb... Cassell he loved the 4th quarter, Marbury loved the 4th quarter, Foye seems to really like the 4th quarter. With Telfair as a backup, I think that Foye could do something this year, but I don't see him as the answer at PG for this team.  Mayo, or Rose... and if Foye is the answer... well then you might be able to package the number 1 pick overall for the number 2-3 pick, and drop Jaric or Walker's contract on someone?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 01:17:43 pm »

I've been wondering to myself if Foye could be our shooting guard if a true PG was staring at the Wolves in the draft.  

He's short for that position... 6'4"... but that's the same height as McCants, Wade, and it's an inch taller than Ben Gordon.

funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 02:05:50 pm »

I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the PG spot. I would like to see the Wolves have a PG that controls the tempo, makes good decisions, and passes the ball to the inside guys. Someone that just racks up the assists.

We will see if Foye can do that, or if again he will be the "wild, drive the lane, get another offensive foul" player he has been from time to time.
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 02:16:37 pm »

Quote from: "paulnumberpee"

He's short for that position... 6'4"... but that's the same height as McCants, Wade, and it's an inch taller than Ben Gordon.

Also, a good point that BC Beneke's favorite person ever, Kevin McHale, noted just recently. "You don't block a shot with your head"

Height isn't so much a factor as wingspan, quickness and awareness.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 03:50:07 pm »

Kevin McHale is not my least favorite person in the world.  Just my least favorite person to have anything to do with basketball.

1.  McHale  - McDouche
2.  Karl Malone  - inbreeding's bad, use your money to buy a vocabulary
3.  Isaiah Thomas -  the worst business man since george bush jr
4.  Kobe Bryant  -  men lock your wives, girlfriends, and daughters up
5.  Stephan Marbury -  idiotbury

But I'm more of a political person, and a music person.  I hate George Bush Jr and Don Henley an aweful lot more than Kevin McHale.

but we shouldn't encourage me to hate.  I'm trying to be a nice guy... talk well about Foye's potential... and dream that the team doesn't F'k everything up, and can get Mayo, Rose, or Hibbert next year in the draft.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 07:51:49 pm »

What about this Beasley kid?  He just had a monster game...

32 points, 24 Rebs, 4 blks, 2 stls, 4 assts

If he dominates like that the rest of the year, how do you pass on that?  I mean, I'm no pro scout or anything, but this years crop of freshmen is looking great.

Lets just hope the lottery doesn't screw us like it always has.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 09:15:46 pm »

I know Beasley throws a big wrench into my ideas, but what a wonderful wrench to have.  So let's try and do something I'm not really good at...

Let's think positive, and think that Randy Foye is the answer, and then if Beasley is the monster than he appears to be and we get the 3rd pick overall, and Rose and Mayo are gone... then we have to either draft Beasley and look at Al at the Center spot, or we trade that pick, along with Marko Jaric, or Antoine Walker along with the pick, and we can get a lower lottery pick, and a potential lottery pick the next year, or a star along with it.

I also read somewhere that Orlando offered JJ Redick for Michael Doleac

Thanks,

BC Beneke
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 09:37:48 pm »

The T'Wolves have a great attutuide on them but the team is just to young. Maybe down the road they have a chance to be a serious contender but its not happening as of now.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 10:52:39 pm »

Um, thanks for the insight.

Anyway...

Al doesnt nessesarily have to be at the center spot in that scenario...

Al PF
Beasley SF
Mcants SG
Foye PG

For center we could resign Ratliff for cheap, or get some other free agent on the short term and either draft a center next year or sign one via free agency when all that cap relief comes.  Are there any decent free agent bigs coming up the next couple years?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 03:33:48 am »

Resign Theo, yup. He's been great thus far. Yesterdays line? 14pts, 7reb, 6 blocks. Just if he didn't grab as many fouls...

Orlando needs a big man with Battie gone. They were awarded a 2.6$ M injury exception, but there are no FA's gone. PJ Brown is retiring and Webber says "Detroit or Cleveland". So they're looking at trades, mainly with teams over the salary cap. Wolves come to mind with Madsen and Doleac. But we all know Mad Dog won't go anywhere, plus he didn't recover from his injury yet. So...yeah. I would do it.

Doleac for Redick. Hell yeah. Redick is a prototype SG, he's young and has lots of potential. Nothing new in Minnesota. They guy can flat out score, he just needs to gain his confidence, and he can get that with PT here, which he didn't get in Orlando.

If he's a bust, so what? He's on a rookie contract, they can not extend him like anytime. Plus Doleac's only asset was his expiring 3 million contract. I would do eeeeet!

Oh, and after yesterday's loss to Sac-town...

RANDY COME BACK WE NEED YOU!

Bassy Telfair 4 assists and 1/8 on FG...

Marko Jaric was just Marko Jaric... 0 assists, 2 TOs. And that leaves us with Buck at PG, lol, no...
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 08:59:13 am »

Quote from: "paulnumberpee"

For center we could resign Ratliff for cheap, or get some other free agent on the short term and either draft a center next year or sign one via free agency when all that cap relief comes.  Are there any decent free agent bigs coming up the next couple years?

Bring back Gary Trent!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: