Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
 
Author Topic: Pistons Are Still Dominant!  (Read 12739 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« on: August 17, 2006, 04:08:19 pm »
0

i don't understand why everyone thinks detroit fell off, look at their depth chart, to me they look to be in better shape this year than last, ppl forget flip saunders is an offensive minded coach and they just got a few more weapons. i think they might be better off without ben wallace
Logged

TheWhiteGuy
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 226

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 11:18:29 pm »
0

I agree with u 100% but they'll struggle on the defensive end.
Logged



t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:23:57 pm »
0

Quote from: "TheWhiteGuy"
I agree with u 100% but they'll struggle on the defensive end.


it'll be ruff but struggle, only ben left not the starting lineup, yes he was important but they'll be alrite
Logged

Halfdan The Black
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 285

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:58:43 pm »
0

Who posted this, Danny Ainge?  What have you been smoking?  We forget Flip's an offensive minded coach?  Obviously you forget that Flip has one of the most attrocious post season records of all time.  And I don't think Flip Murray's offensive abilities are going to be the answer for them.  

And the ridiculous statment about Ben Wallace's departure maybe being a good thing?  Forget smoking...  what form of blotter acid are you taking?  Dude, calm down and call 911, you are out of your mind!  "Yeah man, we lost Big Ben, but hey, we got Nazr Muhammed."  With that guy, Flip Murray and Flip Saunders, we're likely to win it all."  

Yeah dude, Wallace isn't much, I mean he only won the defensive player of the year award 4 of the last 5 years(and the year he lost was some voter brain fart that gave Artest the win, in spite of season stats that make a Wallace vs. Artest debate look more one-sided than comparing Michael Jordan with Vince Carter.  Artest won because of a couple of televised games, one in which he shut Kobe Bryant down).  

Detroit is, as much as anyone else in the league, likely to lower their win total next season.  Hey, Larry Brown is available.  Maybe they should whip out a fat check, get on their knees and beg Brown to come back.
Logged
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 02:19:51 pm »
0

Quote from: "Halfdan The Black"
Who posted this, Danny Ainge?  What have you been smoking?  We forget Flip's an offensive minded coach?  Obviously you forget that Flip has one of the most attrocious post season records of all time.  And I don't think Flip Murray's offensive abilities are going to be the answer for them.  

And the ridiculous statment about Ben Wallace's departure maybe being a good thing?  Forget smoking...  what form of blotter acid are you taking?  Dude, calm down and call 911, you are out of your mind!  "Yeah man, we lost Big Ben, but hey, we got Nazr Muhammed."  With that guy, Flip Murray and Flip Saunders, we're likely to win it all."  

Yeah dude, Wallace isn't much, I mean he only won the defensive player of the year award 4 of the last 5 years(and the year he lost was some voter brain fart that gave Artest the win, in spite of season stats that make a Wallace vs. Artest debate look more one-sided than comparing Michael Jordan with Vince Carter.  Artest won because of a couple of televised games, one in which he shut Kobe Bryant down).  

Detroit is, as much as anyone else in the league, likely to lower their win total next season.  Hey, Larry Brown is available.  Maybe they should whip out a fat check, get on their knees and beg Brown to come back.


look here, what have i been smoking, last time i checked the pistons had there best year last year the franchise has ever had, oh yeah and flip saunders was the coach, larry brown was good for them but ben was the only player satisfied in his system, detroit is extremely talented offensively and thats what flip saunders showed this past year and it was more effective than larry brown, the only thing that kept the pistons from beating miami and winning a championship was d-wade going off
Logged

bulls12345678
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 313

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:57:46 pm »
0

lol.... Ben Wallace was the key to the pistons chanpionship run... no more titles for the pistons
Logged

t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 03:10:33 pm »
0

Quote from: "bulls12345678"
lol.... Ben Wallace was the key to the pistons chanpionship run... no more titles for the pistons


he was a good leader not much of a contributer, and the pistons are much better on paper this year than last, they may not win any more titles because the competition has risen not because they are not good enough, when they won it in 04 they weren't neccessarily the best it was good timing, there weren't many really good teams besides the lakers, them, and san antonio and since the lakers took out sa it made it easier
Logged

Court_visioN
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 444


Respect: 0

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 03:48:48 pm »
0

I'm sorry, did somebody say the Pistons are BETTER WITHOUT BEN WALLACE?

Wow. Just ... wow.

Ben Wallace is an overrated man-to-man defender but the fact is he is an intimidator. Without him do you think Detroit would have held the opposition to below 70 in 5 straight games?

So yeah, Flip's an offensive minded coach. Listen. He had trouble defending the Cavs (who are essentially a one man show) WITH Big Ben! He couldn't stop Miami's offense WITH big ben! You're telling me that by subtraction wallace and adding muhammed, they're better off because they have more offense? Hogwash, whatever offense you gain is lost by giving up more points on the defensive end, and more.

That's not to say not matching the offer by the Bulls wasn't a good move. If Joe Dumars matched that $60 million deal Pistons fans should be calling for his head. It's a shame they didn't manage to get anything back for Big Ben, but Muhammed will have to do.

They'll still contend in the East, but they're not BETTER than they were with Ben.
Logged

cselby
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 42172


Respect: +2790

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 04:03:01 pm »
0

They had the best RECORD last year, but they faltered in the playoffs, where it really counts. They almost lost to Lebron James...Yeah Ben Wallace is a huge loss. Nazr will show up and do what he can do but he ain't no Wallace. Flip Murray disgusts me, he really isn't that good of a ball player, I'd take Tony Delk over him anyday. Not to mention...

-Billups is 30
-Rasheed is 32
-Rip is good but overrated
-Rasheed is good but overrated and says things he can't back up
-Now they lack that dominant defensive force that was their trademark for the past few years.
Logged



Soon....
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 08:51:24 pm »
0

all im saying is don't look surprised when they beat your favorite team, they will still be very good
Logged

ChrisBosh
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 312

Respect: 0

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 08:23:45 pm »
0

Quote from: "t-mac357"
all im saying is don't look surprised when they beat your favorite team, they will still be very good


this year, i see them finishing 3rd after bulls and heats.
Logged

kobeshowtime24, trickdaddy, Court_visioN, CR, kwolf.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 01:15:02 am »
0

Quote from: "ChrisBosh"
Quote from: "t-mac357"
all im saying is don't look surprised when they beat your favorite team, they will still be very good


this year, i see them finishing 3rd after bulls and heats.


thats fair, but if they sign bonzi someway or somehow, i would put them 2nd
Logged

legenderypete
Guest
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 05:25:34 pm »
0

where top the east and one of the elite teams still, so i dont think we fell off and losing ben hasnt done anythin to us, as sheed is a great defender
Logged
td21
All-Star
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3113

Respect: 0

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 09:33:00 pm »
0

Quote from: "t-mac357"
i don't understand why everyone thinks detroit fell off, look at their depth chart, to me they look to be in better shape this year than last, ppl forget flip saunders is an offensive minded coach and they just got a few more weapons. i think they might be better off without ben wallace


this is very true indeed. detroit i think is the sleeper team of the nba.
Logged
t-mac357
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23980


Respect: +227

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 01:47:04 am »
0

of course because alot of teams and ppl look at them like they are some lottery team or just another team in the east
Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
 
 
Jump to: