Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Team Name  (Read 4613 times)
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 08:15:26 am »

Quote from: "mtheis"
You must be a college kid at the oldest, I'm guessing a 170 lbs max, with acne. keep watching movies to get your one liners, you dork.

Dude, quit trolling.  Stay off of our forum if you can't contribute intelligently and constructivly.  We don't need garbage like this going on in threads about BASKETBALL.  

If you feel the need to have high school drama on the internet, carry it over to a private message, meet at the park to beat each others brains out, or better yet, just STFU.

Thank you.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 08:18:12 am »

Hey, cut the crap.

mtheis; Beneke's hate for McHale is well known and documented, this forum serves as a library for it. So you can agree with him or not, but insults won't do any favors for both of you.

Truth is, he was a great player. And Beneke never wrote anything against that. What he hates in him is the crappy GM, worst of all time etc. Which is close to being the truth, so don't jump on him that "He was a great player blah blah" because no one ever said it's false.

Some players should've just stayed players.
mtheis
Undrafted

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »

My point should have been that mchale is not nearly as bad a GM that alot of people make him out to be. He (Mchale) has been a scapegoat at times also. Its sickening to see some of the over the top comments about mchale, wishing him dead, rather than be our GM. Also i know Mchale could give a *** what i say or anyone else here, but i'm still sick of some of you---paul, you seem like a little twit, id love to twist into a balloon animal also. Out of respect to the rest though,i will calm my remarks after this
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 03:11:29 pm »

OK.  I'm a twit for calling you out on coming in here to specifically pick a fight.  

Look, we all have been annoyed by Mchale this and Mchale that.  Beneke knows this and he's agreed to curb his, um... anger.

If you had just come in here and stated your point about how you feel Mchale is over-chastized and scapegoated than you would've have been better received.

I happen to agree with you.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 06:09:03 pm »

McHale made good moves as a GM, sure. Just three.

1) Drafting KG
2) Drafting Wally
3) trading for Cassell and Sprewell

But apart of those three, all of his moves were as grotesque as possible. In other words; they hurt the team. Not only trades/coach hiring. Also his stated behaviour (he feuded with KG very often). I don't know the man personally, nor I will ever... but I can see this guy should've stepped down quite some time ago.
mtheis
Undrafted

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 06:31:29 pm »

Marbury was a good deal, just because marbury turned out to be a head case isn't his fault. googs was a good pick-up. He had to keep alot of people he probably didn't want, to appease KG. KG needed his buddies, but god forbid if KG didn't like them(which happened alot) McHale never punched anyone. A trade didn't go through for someone because McHale didn't like them, to my knoledge anyway. KG did more to hinder the growth of this franchise as anyone, if we were fortunate enough for him to be duncan,we would have won the title in 2004, imo
mtheis
Undrafted

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 06:32:20 pm »

knowledge
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 06:54:31 pm »

Well, we disagree here. Marbury was not a good move because he proved to be a head-case. At the time they acquired him, they should've scouted him enough to know about his attitude.

Did Googs get us through the first round of the playoffs? Nah. He made the team better, but "just good enough" to reach the playoffs, while getting paid better than that.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 11:05:27 pm »

MTheis---

I am no teenager.  If my comments against Kevin McHale have offended you I think that it says as much about your attention to the details of his tenure as GM as anything.  

I will say he did make two other really good moves that were not taken into account:

4)  Trading for Stephan Marbury... no one knew going into it that he was Idiotbury.   He provided hope.

5)  The trade that brought in Bobby Jackson, and (I can't think of the center that was really good with Marbury).  But I think that was a great trade.

However if one would go back in the archives I have a wonderful list of about 20-30 different things that McHale is directly responsible that were utter failures, and belong on his shoulders, and Glen Taylor's shoulders, but we cannot fire the owner can we?  

As for my wishes of McHale's death... I won't deny that I hate him, but I have done my best over the last month to relax on my hatred thanks to a couple of requests.  I will however not put up with any direct attack on me.  

I am proud of you for defending your man.  If you want to come after me, I will be at the next Wolves game wearing my Gophers #34 Willie Burton Jersey.  Since I want Mr. McHale stricken from Minnesota's books from his birth to not allowing his body buried in our soil... Willie Burton was the greatest Gophers player of all time.

And though you may not like my wording of the question... the question itself is very much a valid question.  Will the wolves play like a team, or will they lay down, and drop the ball like their GM has been doing for the better part of the last 12 years?  Is that a better question for you?  One that is less offensive?

I don't need an apology from you, but I sure as hell will not put up with another comment against me, or anyone else that posts on here in my blogs.  Attack my words, attack their words, but attacking a blogger for having a different opinion than you is as narrow minded as any Jerry Fallwell, George Bush 3rd Reicht loving Fox News worshiper.  

Everyone knows I can get angry... what good does it do? It draws away from the point... you have collapsed the point completly with your level of immaturity.

My friends have asked me to relax, and I am trying... to that effect you see they stood up, and I appreciate that.  For them this will be my last post on this particular string...

I will be contacting Jesus Shuttleworth to have this topic locked.

Thank you all.

BC Beneke

Thanks,

BC Beneke
mtheis
Undrafted

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 09:47:54 am »

Im sorry you are the best. Forgive me please.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: