Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the Timberwolves win a game this season?  (Read 3822 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: November 11, 2007, 04:59:41 pm »

Just curious, I picked them to go 5 and 9 in the first month, but I'm revising that...  With Foye out, and Wittless coaching this team...  it is going to take an impressive collapse for another team to lose to the wolves this year.

Which leads to the question... will the Timber PUPS grow into wolves, or will the only howl we here be from them being neutered by the ineptitude of Kevin McHale and Randy Wittman?

HA!

Wittless needs to understand the conept of Time Outs...  when a team goes on 3 different runs against you, and you go 5 minutes without a basket, and don't call a single time out in that time frame to substitute players... some of these losses are going to go to a guy barely qualified to be a division 5 girls high school coach.  

But I do have to give him the credit, and say that with the way this team is competing, he might have enough potential to be a division III men's basketball coach.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 05:17:28 pm »

They will. More than one even. I won't mind a 25 win season if that means a top-3 pick.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 05:59:40 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"
They will. More than one even. I won't mind a 25 win season if that means a top-3 pick.

It would still sucks to win only 25 games. I would like at least 33 wins wich would be 40%win.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:07:05 pm »

well, 33 wins would be disgusting because I don't see how this team gets better with the 8-11th pick range.  

This team isn't going to win 25 games without the team being 100% healthy, and without a new headcoach.

I want Wittless to be the coach this year and next year because it guarentees us a chance at the top pick overall.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:50:46 pm »

You need Ricky Davis back.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:14:24 am »

I would rather drink Jim Jones flavored Koolaid than let that piece of dog *** on this team again.

On his birthday I feel like I should send his mom a box of condoms and say, sorry I'm 27 years too late, but at least the thought counts.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 08:43:50 am »

so much hate.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:06 am »

so much hate...

yeah I know, I keep trying to get rid of it, and I just can't seem to figure out how without giving up all the things that I love... because it's such a double edged sword.

I just hate Ricky Davis, Kevin McHale, Randy Witman and Glen Taylor.

a rich owner that is so stubborn he keeps McHale around as an FU to the the local media

A GM that is so unqualified for his job, and has mismanaged his position so badly that a team of monkeys could fling their poo against a wall and paint a prettier picture

A coach that can't spell win, let alone get a team to do it.  I mean he's perfect to ensure a top 3 pick, but he would do the same thing if he was coaching in San Antonio... that team would be 0-5 as well with him as the head coach.

And as for Ricky Davis.  Anyone that walks out on their team should be banned from the NBA...   I like in the good old days, if he was a pool player they'd break his thumbs... if Davis was on my team, I'd have broken his thumbs for that one.  Running an inbounds play backwards to try and get a triple double shows a total lack of class, or integrity.  The fact that if you listen to him, you can tell that he's not just a bawler... and actually thinks unlike so many of these guys who can barely freaking read... only makes me hate him more because it means he's a *** on purpose, and not just an ignorant man trying to get rich playing back-it-ball as a couple of the players on the team in the past have called it.

I have no respect for him because he doesn't respect himself, or the game... he only thinks of himself, and not the team, and I feel sorry for ZO because he's a champ, and Davis is a chump, and Pat Riley F'd up the season by trading for him...  which saddens me a little because I love Riley...  however at this point in time, I'm a Minnesota T'wolves fan since pre-garnett, and it would be a sin to stray from my team... even if it's being run in the ground by morons.  

It would be like giving up being catholic just because the priests like little boys... oh wait... that is the reason I hate the catholic church... maybe it is time to find a new team?  lol.  nah, I'll just continue to complain about the morons in charge until they either get fired, resign, or finally freaking die, and make the world a better place...

and all of that... I still hate Ricky Davis more than McChump and the others...

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 11:31:57 am »

Just stop, recalling the same things over and over again won't help. Everyone on this forum already knows who you hate and your weird and rather complicated methods of describing it. Smiley Hate or not, let's just drop it.

I really like your insight on the Wolves, but you can't seem to write about them without putting the words "McChump", "Wittless", "Ricky Davis is/was a cancer" or "Taylor" into your posts. Screw those guys, they did a lot of bad stuff, but right now we should be looking at the team, not at the owners, coach, ex-players. We should be watching the T-pups and discussing who should stay and get more PT and who should leave. Or maybe who to take with the next draft pick.

I for one could care less about what McHale is up to these days, how much money does Taylor lose because of his dumb decisions regarding the Timberwolves and what are Wittman's offensive and defensive schemes.

Wittman at least tries to keep this team as a unit, which I think he succeeds at. Whole trainging camp was built around Foye being the PG, and he's injured. When he returns at full health (plus McCants) this team will play much better, still under Wittman.

As for Ricky Davis; sure, he's selfish and doesn't have a team-spirit. But Miami are OH-MY-GOD-SO-MUCH better off with him and Blount than with 'Toine, Simien and Doleac. When D-Wade comes back, expect better play from Davis than he has shown as a Timberwolf.
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 11:43:12 am »

Agreed.  No offense Beneke.  We all know you can make quality posts, you just need to stop drinking all the hatorade.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 12:37:56 pm »

I keep trying, and failing.  I feel like a drug addict that can't get off the junk.

The years of abuse I've put myself through for being a Wolves fan has weighed pretty heavy on my heart.

You guys are just lucky you're not baseball fans, on the Strib's collumns... those poor people get to see my real frustration as baseball is my first love, and as my wife puts it, my religion.

However, aside from my anger, and my hatorade (loved that one)...

Thank you.

I really think that this team is two players away from being something to contend with... like Chicago... they need another big man, and they need another guard... if Foye turns out to be everything that he's been hyped to be... concentrate on the bigman, but if Foye is more of a Dwade, or Ben Gordon in the fact that he's just a small 2 guard that does the ball handling... we need someone more like Rose or Collison to come in and run the team from the point.

Where I always pick on Wittman, I really do think that he's done a good job at getting these guys to play TEAM BASKETBALL which I have not seen here in a long time... I don't believe he's the guy to bring them to the mountain top however, and I go off on my little tangents because of who he is, and all of that other stuff...  The point being right now he seems perfect for the team.  He is not a coach that knows much about winning, and seems to be focused on teaching which is what the team needs right now.  His style should allow the team ample opportunity at high lottery picks as long as he's running the team... that is both good and bad because at some point in time I would like to be more than the Atlanta Hawks of the Midwest.

And I don't know if I posted this or not, but I was thinking of how the wolves could get rid of Walker and Jaric, and still make this team better.  If they were to get the number 1 pick overall, and it was in the team's best interest to get a big man instead of a guard in the draft that if they won the lottery, to trade the 1st pick overall along with Walker and Jaric to Memphis for their 1st round pick, and Pau Gasol who has wanted out of there.  Money wise it would work, and if they are picking 5-6th... it could be perfect to get Rose, and Gasol... as they already have Conley, and could use a shooter like Mayo, or a beast like Beasley...

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:58:57 pm »

Nah, I think 5 is too low to get Rose. Pritchard (Portland GM) once said he got offered two "Western Conf. future Hall of Famers" for the 1st round pick, which meant Oden. Today I'm quite sure it was about KG and Ray Allen, who were heavily shopped back then, and finally ennded up traded, just not to Portland.

If the Wolves get the #1 or #2 pick and they won't be interested in Mayo/Rose/Beasley but Hibbert, than they should trade the pick plus a junk contract (Walker, Jaric) down to 5-6 for a decent player with a decent contract (~7-9 million) and the pick. Unless someone is REALLY high on Mayo/Rose, then we can package them both Jaric and Walker to get a star.

You mentioned Memphis...what about...1st pick (Mayo)/2nd pick (Rose) and Walker to Memphis for Mike Miller and 5-6-7th pick (Hibbert). Whatever, we can wonder all year. But this one would be nice if Memphis were actually in the lottery. Smiley
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 01:17:34 pm »

I was told by an onair radio sports guy from the Twin Cities that if the Wolves would have gotten a top 4 pick, Oden, Durant, Conley, or Harford tha they would have kept KG, and had a deal for Artest in the works to bolster the team.

Now that's is totally second hand information, but I don't think the KG for Oden thing was there.

However after we failed to get a top 4 pick... all I know is that it was not mentioned once here in the media.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 01:21:53 pm »

Yeah, the deal for Artest was in the works. I think they were offering Ricky Davis + someone for him.
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:14:12 pm »

They won, and they looked pretty good doing it. They were pretty aggressive all night, and Walker, that goofy dribbling, herky-jerky fool scored 19 points!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: