Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Antoine Walker...  (Read 1966 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: November 15, 2007, 03:59:46 pm »

I know I'm Mr. Negativity.  I know I know I know.

This isn't going to be about that.

This is just me saying that I'm really impressed with the level of maturity, and decency that Walker is holding himself with.  

This isn't about the 19 points, this is about how he has been on the bench cheering for his team, and not pouting.  I know it's hard for him, and his DNP CD didn't go as smoothly in the media as it did in real life.  All he did was answered a question, and he did so without any animosity, or any anger... he spoke well, not in hip hop broken english, or disrespectful anger... he was very understanding, respecting the decisions, and the minutes, and just working hard to get into the rotation more, and I think last night he showed on the court what minutes mean to him, and the next game if Smith is healthy, and Walker only gets 4-5 minutes I am believing the will handle it because he gets it... he wants to play, he wants to win... he's a basketball player.

Also for those people who were destroying him for his weight.  He doesn't look slim, but he's in much better shape than they made him out to be...  Pat Riley needed to light a fire under Shaq, but in all seriousness Shaq went through a divorce, or is going through that, and I don't care about how tough, strong, or talented you are, half your money, your kids, your lifestyle, your wife, the person you love decided they didn't love you anymore...  My heart goes out to Shaq... and when he gets on track the Heat will be able to fight for a bottom rung playoff spot.

But back on focus.  Walker has earned my respect just how he's handled the first few weeks of his time in Minnesota.

As an angry ***, I hold the right to reverse my judgment at any time, and as an American to flip flop... It's unlikely I will, I'm pretty good at standing my ground, but just in case, I want to cover my butt, lol.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 05:55:07 pm »

He has handled himself fairly well considering the circumstances. He chose his words carefully when he said he was "confused" with his role. He could have easily gone the Juwan Howard route.

Make no mistake about it, he was brought in for salary purposes only, but if he stays positive, and works hard, his stock will increase enough for him to possibly get on a team that will be more successful this year.

He really just isn't part of the Wolves plans.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:02:03 pm »

oh I know he's not part of the plans, but still, it's nice to see him understanding his role, and doing what he can to not make waves because if nothing else it will help him get to a different team, or with his passion maybe he can agree to a buyout that is half the total agreed, so that way he can go play for a winner?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: