Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Future Watch  (Read 7509 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 01:29:27 pm »

The Warriors have their team coming back... Barron Davis is coming back... he will generate wins, I believe they also have 1-2 other players hurt.

The Heat are D-Wade, and will do well

The Bulls are amazing and will do well.

I think that the Wizards could turn it around as they have a lot of talent.

Same as Sacremento...  

I cant stand Steven A. Smith... I mean the way he speaks makes me get angry, but anyways, I have to agree with him 100% when he says that the Wolves are the worst team in the NBA by a LOT.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Shard
Starter

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 01:40:48 pm »

Rose or Beasley.

Beasley and Jefferson will be twin towers if they cant get him then rose will be a good secondary unit player and eventually become a starter if something happens with foye/jaric

Quote from: "LKdude"
I don't think the Bucks will be approaching the playoffs soon.  

Quote from: "BteamBomber"
Washington, Toronto and Miami won't be better than the Bulls next season.  
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 03:04:01 pm »

Lol, Shard. Rose a second unit player? Behind Jaric? What are you smoking, gimme some of that. Grin

Both Mayo and Rose have a chance to come into the league on the same level like Chris Paul and Deron Williams did.

I'm still very skeptic toward Beasley btw. I'd rather go for Hibbert, if we can't get Rose.

The Sonics are obviously the other worst team right now, so we should look at them, and what they need. Seems obvious that Seattle would most likely draft the same as the Wolves: a PG or a C. They won't take Mayo, because Durant needs his load of shots, unless they'll be making a younger version of Iverson/Carmelo. Wink So the Sonics will most likely snag Rose, if given the chance. Hibbert is the ebst center in the draft, but I guess his best chance is to be the 4th pick, or even lower.

If the Wolves fail to get Rose and Beasley (like ending up with the 3rd pick, and those two gone), they should trade down 2-3 spots and get Hibbert. Screw Mayo, he won't fit here.
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 03:11:33 pm »

They can trade down, but what if someone else snags Hibbert before them? that would suck!
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 04:14:04 pm »

Yeah it would suck but so does drafting a player too high when you can get extra value for that pick.  (See Sheldon Williams).

Czaras:  I don't know why you've got the skeps on Beasley.  Watch some vids of this kid... silky smooth offensive game, incredible elevation, tons of confidence, NBA body, really efficient shooter, range from all over the court, loves to rebound like Big Al.  Yes, I've got a man crush on this guy.

Don't get me wrong, I like me some Hibbert too, but I do think the Wolves need another scorer.  Can you really pass one up that could be great?

Seems to me that Hibbert would be a big body that is competent with the ball.  The Wolves do need that, but you hafta wonder, why hasn't Hibbert dominated the boards at 7'2"?  Also while he does block a fair amount of shots, I heard he does most of that without jumping.  Would that cut it in the NBA?

I'm starting to wonder if the Wolves shouldn't try to aquire a 2nd first round pick (if they don't get one from Miami) and look at one of the other many centers in this years draft.

Oh and I agree... screw Mayo.  We don't need Isiah Rider part 2.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 04:18:32 pm »

Hibbert would be nice but he's not a top 4 pick because he's too slow. Nbadraft.net has him at #11.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 11:01:43 am »

I look at Hibbert right now at the 6th pick.  If it were to go right now, but there again, a lot of teams draft simply because of the player potential, after 4 years of college with Hibbert you are getting a professional ball player, and you know his limitations, but you also know exactly what you are getting.  I think he would be a great addition to this team, and be the kind of rookie that could get it right away, and not be a project, or have a rough rookie season.

He can pass the ball well, rebound well, block shots, and the man has a big wide body...  I like him more than Beasley because of the traditional basketball knowledge that Hibbert posesses.  Playing center at Georgetown is a pretty big deal.  He would have been a lottery pick last year, and decided to come back this year.  I think it's a huge show of character, and class.

Beasley, Mayo, and Rose are all kids, and have tremendous upside... Mayo if he matures this year could be an AI kind of ball player, and Beasley could be a monster Power Forward, and Rose... Rose is the one that looks like the perfect Chris Paul kind of PG, but who knows...

If Foye comes back healthy, and Telfair, and Jaric keep playing at a similar level, I don't see them taking a PG with the 1st round pick because they will have Foye and Jaric next year, and probably use one of their 2nd round picks for a PG.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 06:24:32 pm »

Hibbert is not a scorer. He's a tough guy, banging down low, not afraid to take a shot but still accepting the second fiddle. He would be a PERFECT fit alongside Big Al, Foye, McCants and Brewer.

I don't like three things about Beasley;
1) He takes too many (bad) shots, look at his FG %...he's a PF?
2) NBA body? Naah, he's listed as 6'9" and 210. Rail-thin, he'll get overpowered at the PF spot in the NBA.
3) Bad defender
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »

I'm not sure where you get your info.  Every place I look has him at 6'9" 240-ish.  That's perfect for a guy that can play the 3 and the 4.

Through 2 college games hes shooting 61.5%  THAT'S AWESOME.

Also he gets more blocks and rebounds (far more) than Hibbert.  Doesn't sound like bad defense to me.  Plus, he's averaging 3x the assists.  I've heard the same stuff as you, but most of that stuff was written well over a year ago when he was playing kids not his calibur.  I'm interested what he does in college when the playing field is higher... so far he's excelling.

Like I said, I like Hibbert.  But the dude is 7'2 272lbs... why has he never averaged over 10 rebs a game?  In college!  If he can't dominate the boards in college with all physical tools he has, what is he going to do in the NBA?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 04:42:10 am »

Well, you got me on that FG%. If he's truly 240, then it's more than ok too.

But for his defense. He's a ferocious rebounder, a good shot blocker but a bad one-on-one defender. I mean, if he is put on KG or Duncan, they will own him. He's a decent team-defender but a poor one-on-one defender.

Hopefully one year of college can change that.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:46 pm »

beasley is a beast, i'd take him in a heartbeat, but im not so sure the wolves guard situation is alright, and there are some pretty good guards likely to come out

paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 07:51:31 am »

Stats updated.

Notes:  

Beasley is still going crazy.  According to all reports, he is carrying his team to wins... the boxscore proves it.

Mayo has gotten more consistant and efficient.  That is impressive considering his games are riddled with NBA scouts, but then again, he's undoubtedly used to pressure.

Rose has been great.  However, with all the hype that he is a TRUE PG, his stats don't really reflect that.  However, the Memphis Tigers have an unorthodox way of playing and that might not be condusive to him racking up the assists.

Hibbert has been solid, but I still wonder why he isn't dominating games with size like that.

Kevin Love has been added.  His statlines are impressive.  I actually got to see him play and he looks pretty solid.  Good fundamentals but he doesn't look very athletic.  Seems like his feet are glued to the floor.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 12:49:46 pm »

I like Love, but I see him closer to the 15th pick, so if the Heat get in the playoffs, Love would be the guy that I would be looking at.

A very solid player, but not a lot of upside because of his footwork, and how working on that could end up screwing him up... and I'm not impressed with his defense.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 01:38:43 am »

for some reason, i get a feeling love won't be at ucla for only one year

paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »

I changed all the stats to links of the players' profiles.  It was just getting to be too much work.

Here are my updated impressions:

Beasley:  Through 6 games, he's shooting 61%.  He's also shooting 53% from 3 point land.  He looks stupid good.  Though, his defense looks pretty lazy.  I can't wait till Kansas St plays some upper teir teams to see how he does.

Rose:  He's been solid.  He's not shooting the 3s too well... only 29%.  Also his assist to turnover ratio is kind of sketchy for someone who is supposed to be the next Jason Kidd.  We'll see as the season progresses.

Mayo:  Too many turnovers.  He's shooting better though.  I'm most impressed by his man to man defense.  

Hibbert:  His stats keep increasing from year to year... that's definitely what you like to see in a big-man.

Love:  I really don't see him being more than a nice role player at the next level.  If you are counting on him to be a star, I think you will be dissappointed ala Adam Morrison.

What do you guys think of Kosta Koufos?  I was pretty high on him for a while but he seemed to have dropped off when his team need him the most.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/1333501

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: