Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the sixers try to grab marbury if he becomes a free agent and though him in the shooting gaurd spot?  (Voting closed: November 28, 2007, 10:09:51 pm)
Yes - 1 (33.3%)
No - 2 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marbury...  (Read 3161 times)
toppot1000
Journeyman

Dwight Howard's Secret Weapon: 6 cans of XS a game

Respect: 0

« on: November 13, 2007, 10:09:51 pm »

Should the sixers try to grab marbury if he becomes a free agent and though him in the shooting guard spot? He maybe able to come out of his scoring slump if he didn't have to run the court. Plus he could add vet experience and the ability to move the ball around the court along with Miller and Iggy. He was actually thinking about leaving the NBA and playing over seas not to long ago, so it may not be so extremely important for him to be on a team where he will be winning a ring. Of course then again, if he is a free agent and wants to win a ring then maybe he would like to join up with childhood friend KG...hmmm. Thought and opinions please.

R.I.P.

Netstar882211
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:58:16 am »

hes a poison

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:16:27 am »

i don't think marbury or the sixers would be on the same page

marbury's trying to win a ring

the sixers are trying to rebuild

there is no connection between the 2

toppot1000
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 02:46:10 pm »

Is Marbury really thinking ring? I know it is hard to imagine a NBA player not thinking ring, but he is thirty years old and at this point and time you probably should hear him talking to media requesting a trade to a better team. I think he is more into serving his ego, which means he is not going to go any place where he is stepping into a shadow. Philly he could "help" a team and me a main man with a co-star.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 03:50:44 pm »

I wouldn't want him taking the ball out of Iggy's hands. He became a totally different player after AI left and Steph's arrival would just be a step backwards for him. He'll sign with Miami, Boston or Cleveland.
toppot1000
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:49:00 pm »

I think that you will see him run his contract out with the knicks or buy out. But either way i have a feeling that he will find himself in the same spot C Webb is in right now, no one will sign him...

td21
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 11:18:22 am »

nah, steph is one of my favorite players and all but he would just cause problems in philly. they don't need it, billy king is just happy he isn't on the hot seat since giving up ai for nothing and the sixers not having a real go to player. Cool
bigticket4mvp
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 04:20:38 pm »

theres no way the sixers could get in the playoffs even with marbury

Go to Doyles because Flarehety said so.

Luis Scola for President and MVP.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 04:21:32 am »

Quote from: "toppot1000"
I think that you will see him run his contract out with the knicks or buy out. But either way i have a feeling that he will find himself in the same spot C Webb is in right now, no one will sign him...

great pgs are very hard to come by, i doubt he'll find himself in that position , regardless of what the media says, he can play

Scola is da man
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 05:43:52 am »

I just don't see him fitting in to this line-up.

Scola for MVP.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 02:03:04 am »

Quote from: "Scola is da man"
I just don't see him fitting in to this line-up.

nah really? spare us of your gift of hindsight

Shockone2007
Undrafted

Respect: +5

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 05:39:36 pm »

yeah they need another 20 point from someone besides iggy. steph can dish the ball as well as miller puls put up 20 instead of the 12 miller gives u. the only thing i would say no about is that i think lou will should be starting point so, i guss the shouldn't go for steph and trade miller for a solid pf and start lou.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 06:13:10 pm »

no way...

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
blieve
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 04:17:54 pm »

I must say I am surprised at the overall reaction towards Marbury. He has been my favorite player for years and even I must admit he is a terrible team player. He became much more team oriented last year but his team play left just as quickly as it came when this season started.

He was never a ball hog in the sense that he took too many shots but in the sense that he holds that ball too long. Until he realizes that he will never be a good team player.

Im from where Charlie V got big enough/to toss a basket in the hoop and Kenny And coach still ride around in a pick up truck/they couldn't guard the kid they werent quick enough/Plan B if your knees blown, then time to do some stick them ups
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: