Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulls Acquire Martynas Andriuskevicius  (Read 6886 times)
mrpooh
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: August 18, 2006, 12:13:34 pm »

The Chicago Bulls today acquired center Martynas Andriuskevicius from the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for guard Eddie Basden.

Martynas Andriuskevicius (Mar-teen-es An-droo-SKAV-ih-chis), a 7-2, 240-pound center, appeared in six games with the Cavaliers during his rookie season.

He also appeared in 15 games with the Arkansas RimRockers of the NBA Development League and averaged 7.0 ppg and 4.2 rpg in 18.9 mpg.

The 20-year old native of Kaunas, Lithuania was originally selected in the second round (44th overall) of NBA Draft 2005 by Orlando. He was then traded to Cleveland for a second-round pick and cash considerations on June 29, 2005.

"Martynas is a young big that we view as a player who needs development with his strength and skill, but has the potential to make it in this league," said Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations John Paxson. "We are always looking for size and skill, and feel he is a young player that we are willing to take a strong look at."

www.bulls.com
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:56:15 pm »

I really like this move a lot.  First off, Eddie Basden wasn't playing a lot for us anyway.  He was not a very important part of our team.  

Secondly, Basden was a small forward/shooting guard, and we have plenty of those guys already (Deng, Nocioni, Thomas, Sefolosha, Griffin, etc.).  

Finally, Andriuskevicius is a big guy, someone we need.  He is young, he is talented, and he has great upside.  So this is a great move for the team.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:16:04 pm »

Competition for Schenscher for the last spot on the bench.
todaloop
Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:27:32 pm »

It will be interesting listening to Johnnie Red Kerr try to pronounce Martynas Andriuskevicius.

This bus goes beep, beep
TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:48:48 pm »

Pax is just too slick. He's basically replaced Tyson for a song.

He's got a similar frame is known for his shot blocking and his offensive game is as raw as Tyson's, but what is promising is that he's more of a banger than Tyson is. He's got potential. And you can rest assured Johnny will botch that name at least 10 times this season.

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
gregorius
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 07:18:43 am »

some highlights..

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/showthre...

Almost 4 mins worth.

First time i ever saw this guy.

floorburn
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 09:42:03 am »

Hopefully, we don't have Lithuanian Shawn Bradley and Australian Shawn Bradley. Our international Shawn Bradley bookends.  Is Chicago the safe haven for Shawn Bradleys from around the world?
airp
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 04:33:58 pm »

Quote from: "floorburn"
Hopefully, we don't have Lithuanian Shawn Bradley and Australian Shawn Bradley. Our international Shawn Bradley bookends.  Is Chicago the safe haven for Shawn Bradleys from around the world?

For as bad as Bradley was for the #2 pick.. he put up way better stats then Chandler did, which was a #2 pick... just no one is calling him a huge bust like Bradley.
Wade4ever3
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 01:38:56 am »

I think that if the Bulls sign Andriuskevicius, he will more than likely be sent to the D-League because he is considered a project, is very raw, and will get Schenscher-like minutes if he doesn't go. This will be good for his developing time and allow others to get better.

TOMSPY77
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 05:47:20 am »

I like the move. It allows us a lot of diffrent lineups, to mix it up. Go small or go big.....it seems like a good move. whatever else happens as they say, you can't teach height, and big men are always a commodity, one way or the other.
legenderypete
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 08:30:17 am »

badsen wasnt needed for the team and the line-up was moreless complete Martynas Andriuskevicius is probably playin in the d-league again because he a project
NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:18 am »

i dont like this move....hes never gunna play major minutes for the bulls, and basden was a good guy to have in the locker room, well liked by all the players.
gregorius
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 12:38:03 pm »

Quote from: "NickJG"
i dont like this move....hes never gunna play major minutes for the bulls, and basden was a good guy to have in the locker room, well liked by all the players.

since when? who says man? you goota link to this 'Basden is our hero' type quote(s)?

NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 12:49:43 pm »

Quote from: "gregorius"

since when? who says man? you goota link to this 'Basden is our hero' type quote(s)?

i never said he was a hero, i said he was well liked and a good guy to have in the lockeroom, and im i didnt read something online that said he was, i know him as well as every other player on the bulls.
gregorius
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 12:04:40 pm »

Quote from: "gregorius"

i never said he was a hero, i said he was well liked and a good guy to have in the lockeroom, and im i didnt read something online that said he was, i know him as well as every other player on the bulls.

whaddya mean 'i know him well'?

either you're Benny The Bull or you mean from watching him. Wink

as a towel waver he had his moments, aside from that i don't think he was much of a presence

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: