Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulls Acquire Martynas Andriuskevicius  (Read 6885 times)
NickJG
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 12:29:03 pm »

Quote from: "gregorius"
Quote from: "NickJG"
i dont like this move....hes never gunna play major minutes for the bulls, and basden was a good guy to have in the locker room, well liked by all the players.

since when? who says man? you goota link to this 'Basden is our hero' type quote(s)?

i never said he was a hero, i said he was well liked and a good guy to have in the lockeroom, and im i didnt read something online that said he was, i know him as well as every other player on the bulls.

whaddya mean 'i know him well'?

either you're Benny The Bull or you mean from watching him. Wink

as a towel waver he had his moments, aside from that i don't think he was much of a presence

It means i know him, not from watching him on tv, from knowing him in person. Do u think they guy they got for him is going to make an impact? Basden is the type of player who will show up early and go take shots with gordon before any other players are even out on the court. I doubt BG is gunna get to the game early and take shots with this new guy.
mrpooh
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 04:16:44 pm »

During a telecast last year...I remember them saying Basden had bad practice habits and that its something young players need to grow out of...

I know the Bulls were excited to pick him up as a free agent when he went undrafted....but were disappointed with how he developed...
TOMSPY77
Undrafted

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 12:18:34 am »

I think the point is, Pax still wanted another big man and he got him...as far as team chemistry is concerned, if it hurts it hurts, but who says that the big guy won't make the same kind of impact? Plus, it will do him good to be around bigs like Wallace, Thomas, and Brown.
todaloop
Starter

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 08:24:31 am »

As long as there is still an open roster spot, I think we should resign Luke Schenscher.  He is a seven footer and heavier than Marty Andy.  

Luke also has a better offensive post game with his back to the basket and that seems to be hard to come by lately.  It seems like all the seven footers want to be shooting guards and small forwards.

This bus goes beep, beep
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 09:18:06 am »

i dont like this move....hes never gunna play major minutes for the bulls, and basden was a good guy to have in the locker room, well liked by all the players.

since when? who says man? you goota link to this 'Basden is our hero' type quote(s)?

i never said he was a hero, i said he was well liked and a good guy to have in the lockeroom, and im i didnt read something online that said he was, i know him as well as every other player on the bulls.

whaddya mean 'i know him well'?

either you're Benny The Bull or you mean from watching him. Wink

as a towel waver he had his moments, aside from that i don't think he was much of a presence

It means i know him, not from watching him on tv, from knowing him in person. Do u think they guy they got for him is going to make an impact? Basden is the type of player who will show up early and go take shots with gordon before any other players are even out on the court. I doubt BG is gunna get to the game early and take shots with this new guy.

Does it really matter?  Both of these guys are just going to be cheerleading and waving a towel on the bench.  The Bulls have a glut of players at Basden's position so he was expendable.  The Bulls had a lack of height so they'll give a 7 footer a shot.  I can't believe how this nothing trade is still meriting attention.  The regular season can't start soon enough!
kwolffsc
Starter

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 06:57:46 pm »

Martynas! Andriuskevicius! I wonder if I spelled it right!

gregorius
Undrafted

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 11:59:36 am »

I'd much rather have a promising 7 foot project on the end of the bench (or in the D lg) than a dime a dozen SG.

I appreciate you know Eddie and that biases your opinion on the situation but we really have no need for the guy.

Ben shoots great on his own from what i've heard, last word was he's practising his mid range jimmys by the shedload.

Journeyman

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 06:39:16 am »

Well, Bradley was usefull player. No 2nd pick material, but good player...

Martynas will  never be half as good as Shawn!
floorburn
Benchwarmer

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 08:50:55 am »

Until we actual developing gameskills we traded Basden for six fouls a night.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: